The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (11)

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Angelito wrote:Imagine having the audacity to berate Ozil when Welbeck is the first name on your teamsheet.

Imagine questioning a player who's won 3 FA Cups—which is a record number at Arsenal since DB10 retired. Imagine criticizing a player who's had most assists and chances created since he joined the Prem. Imagine being so dumb to question a World Cup winner; the best big-tournament player of this decade when Arsene Wenger is the manager of a major club in 2017.

Man. You lot deserve Wenger and Kroenke.

See this is what I've been thinking for a while, the fans have been Wengerized.

They are like lemmings dropping off the cliff of mediocrity and they love basking in it.

All this talk about KDB, why? do you think a player like him would ever lower himself to come here?

Also he wouldn't look as good if he was here, these WC passes he was doing last week, which one of our players even makes good runs at the defence for him to even make that pass?

Is Giroud going to make good runs into the box?

That's like Sunderland saying KDB is better than our player .......... and? lets talk about Messi and Suarez while we're at it.

We can't even keep the good players we have ffs.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Angelito wrote:Imagine having the audacity to berate Ozil when Welbeck is the first name on your teamsheet.

Imagine questioning a player who's won 3 FA Cups—which is a record number at Arsenal since DB10 retired. Imagine criticizing a player who's had most assists and chances created since he joined the Prem. Imagine being so dumb to question a World Cup winner; the best big-tournament player of this decade when Arsene Wenger is the manager of a major club in 2017.

Man. You lot deserve Wenger and Kroenke.

This.

Not only has our management accepted mediocrity, our fans are content with it as well.

We have become Everton of last few years and many people dont even realize it.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 pm

Ozil isn't a good fit for Arsenal as it stands today. Our attacking mids/wingers need to be able to score goals because we no longer have the likes of Henry, DB10, RVP, Eduardo and peak Adebayor to finish off a high % of chances.

Ozil may create the highest number of chances in Europe, but chances don't win matches, goals do.

Signing Suarez or Higuain in summer 2013 would likely have won us the title as all other clubs transitioned to new managers. With Ozil, the FA Cup was the best we could do, and we had pretty much bungled that against the mighty Hull City until Ramsey saved us.

Ozil was a superior signing to Cazorla, and Caz wouldn't have won us a title either.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 am

We should have bought Dzeko when he went to Roma, the guy is fantastic.

People talking about how good KDB is, imagine Ozil playing for Man City, OMFG, how many chances and assists would he create/get there !!! The mind boggles. ......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 am

theHotHead wrote:We should have bought Dzeko when he went to Roma, the guy is fantastic.

People talking about how good KDB is, imagine Ozil playing for Man City, OMFG, how many chances and assists would he create/get there !!! The mind boggles. ......

Not as many as KDB, who has created tap-ins. Ozil leads for chances created because any pass that leads to a shot is a chance created and Sanchez shoots a lot. KDB plays in a Pep team but still has so many chances created, and his ratio shows he creates better chances.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:48 am

Bye Mesut.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 61986.html

Came to the wrong team if you wanted to win something and play alongside good players.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 am

theHotHead wrote:We should have bought Dzeko when he went to Roma, the guy is fantastic.

This is just a myth believe me man. Özil needs so much quality around him like no other Worldclass player. And don't come with Real Madrid now where he created i know it but walcott would also look Worldclass in such a good team like madrid. So i am tired of the argument özil needs special players around him.
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:59 am

Kite33 wrote:

This is just a myth believe me man. Özil needs so much quality around him like no other Worldclass player. And don't come with Real Madrid now where he created i know it but walcott would also look Worldclass in such a good team like madrid. So i am tired of the argument özil needs special players around him.

........... because Barcelona could just sell everyone and keep Messi and still be a CL winning team I'm sure?

Ozil is a creative midfielder, he is not an out and out goal scorer or some other individual player, his game depends on those around him, no one is on his level, they don't make good runs or can't play the sort of 1-2's he thrives on.

Yes we should sell him, because he's wasted here trying to play with the likes of Welbeck and Giroud.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm

We are a huge club. Ozil is nothing in the context of Arsenal FC. And his lack of respect for our legends this season was pathetic
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:29 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:

........... because Barcelona could just sell everyone and keep Messi and still be a CL winning team I'm sure?

Ozil is a creative midfielder, he is not an out and out goal scorer or some other individual player, his game depends on those around him, no one is on his level, they don't make good runs or can't play the sort of 1-2's he thrives on.

Yes we should sell him, because he's wasted here trying to play with the likes of Welbeck and Giroud.

You are exaggeratin now...you can put a player of messi in a stoke team for example and he would still look impressive and perform this is the difference between a worldclass player like Messi and özil. He has wordlclass players like giroud and Sanchez it could be worse but you are right welbeck is shit
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:30 pm

Kite33 wrote:

He didn't have special players around him at Werder Bremen but looked world class there !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:

You are exaggeratin now...you can put a player of messi in a stoke team for example and he would still look impressive and perform this is the difference between a worldclass player like Messi and özil. He has wordlclass players like giroud and Sanchez it could be worse but you are right welbeck is shit

So why has Messi mostly been shit/average for Argentina then ?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:We are a huge club. Ozil is nothing in the context of Arsenal FC. And his lack of respect for our legends this season was pathetic

He is within his rights to defend himself when so-called legends accuse him of not pulling his weight, not trying and being lazy - which stats prove he is not.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Yes true he was better when he was younger. More hunger and motivated and so on. Now other players have to carry this guy
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kite33 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Kite33 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Kite33 wrote:

So why has Messi mostly been shit/average for Argentina then ?

He has not been shit? Last game he scored three goals and his team is through to the World cup
Kite33
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club