The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Angelito wrote:'Course Oz is world class.

Any other opinion is asinine. I mean, we have Unai Emery as our manager. What could be more hilarious?

It's not surprising that a club so used to mediocrity fails to recognize one of the finest central attacking midfielders in the history of modern football.

Exactly. These people arguing the toss but don't argue so vehemently and viciously against a manager that has blunted our attack and made us defensively worse after having an almost entirely different back line and midfield. A manager that is performing worse than the shittest version of our last manager.

But here they are criticising Ozil who is the least of the club's worries.

Bunch of jokers the lot of 'em.
Last edited by theHotHead on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:\

Xhaka has no ability to protect the ball at all - which is not really about strength (more technique). Strength is irrelevant.
Xhaka often dispossessed and also often in really bad areas.

Guendouzi is far better at protecting the ball and so is Ozil. Ozil doesn't need strength - he retains possession through skill and technique.

I think you place too much importance on raw strength, which gives away your lack of football knowledge.

:rofll: Well sometimes the comedy just writes itself.

Wow, its not just you had no idea why on earth i even mentioned Xhaka being our strongest midfielder in pure strength terms which is vital for the Premier League especially for defensive minded players in midfield. It was to give a reason why playing 3 at the back now is the best way forward until we get another midfielder since Xhaka being a emotional fudge and dosen't want to play and the rest of our midfielders are all weaklings bar the midget Torreria.

Ozil doesn't need strength - he retains possession through skill and technique.

:rofll: I'm sure Ozil's skills which he never uses anymore even on the ball will really help us be more defensively solid without possession :rofll:

Sorry but you do same some really moronic crap at times to defend your beloved Ozil. Try to at least understand the discussion before making a total fool you of yourself.

What a ridiculous comment :rofll:

As i said - if you think that strength is the determining factor in retaining possession, holding the ballor protecting the back four , you just prove you are totally clueless.
Shielding the ball, retaining posession in key areas requires skill and awareness, not strength.
Xhaka might be physically strong, but he's easy to disposses and exposes the back four time and time again.
Ozil retains posession far more effectively yet is physically weaker.

You really do need to try a different sport bud. Weight lifting maybe? Anything but football. I have never seen anyone on any forum who knows less about the game than you do.

Countless small players protect the ball brilliantly well, in fact one of the best players for protecting the ball did it by pure technique and no physical strength. Andrea Pirlo (not small but certainly not strong), you couldn't get the ball off him if you tried, he passed the ball only when he wanted to.

Small players that use technique to protect the ball not strength - David Silva, Luca Modric. Contrast those players with the likes of Mane who is small but has immense physical strength for his size and is able to bully far bigger players.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:42 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Xhaka has no ability to protect the ball at all - which is not really about strength (more technique). Strength is irrelevant.

Guendouzi is far better at protecting the ball and so is Ozil. Ozil doesn't need strength - he retains possession through skill and technique.

I think you place too much importance on raw strength, which gives away your lack of football knowledge.

Wow, its not just you had no idea why on earth i even mentioned Xhaka being our strongest midfielder in pure strength terms which is vital for the Premier League especially for defensive minded players in midfield. It was to give a reason why playing 3 at the back now is the best way forward until we get another midfielder since Xhaka being a emotional fudge and dosen't want to play and the rest of our midfielders are all weaklings bar the midget Torreria.

:rofll: I'm sure Ozil's skills which he never uses anymore even on the ball will really help us be more defensively solid without possession :rofll:

Sorry but you do same some really moronic crap at times to defend your beloved Ozil. Try to at least understand the discussion before making a total fool you of yourself.

As i said - if you think that strength is the determining factor in retaining possession, holding the ballor protecting the back four , you just prove you are totally clueless.
Shielding the ball, retaining posession in key areas requires skill and awareness, not strength.

This is legendary lool. Just shut the hell up and stop digging yourself into an even bigger hole your already in.

This is so funny. If he actually goes back and reads the context of what i said. Oh dear. Oh dear, Wow. So determined to get one on me you make a fool out of yourself in the process.

Wow. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. Jayram. Your not arguing with anyone and you don't even realise.

Learn to read someone's full post before you jump in.

Incredible.

Xhaka might be physically strong, but he's easy to disposses and exposes the back four time and time again.

You really do need to try a different sport bud. Weight lifting maybe? Anything but football. I have never seen anyone on any forum who knows less about the game than you do.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

You need to learn to read man. Seriously.

Lots of these ... :rofll:
Clear sign you're a little upset and reaching.

You were talking sh*te again and you've been pulled on it.
Some generous advice - stop pretending you know about football. It's obvious you don't.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby elkanofan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

This is legendary lool. Just shut the hell up and stop digging yourself into an even bigger hole your already in.

This is so funny. If he actually goes back and reads the context of what i said. Oh dear. Oh dear, Wow. So determined to get one on me you make a fool out of yourself in the process.

Wow. Cognitive dissonance at its finest. Jayram. Your not arguing with anyone and you don't even realise.

Learn to read someone's full post before you jump in.

Incredible.

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

You need to learn to read man. Seriously.

Lots of these ... :rofll:
Clear sign you're a little upset and reaching.

You were talking sh*te again and you've been pulled on it.
Some generous advice - stop pretending you know about football. It's obvious you don't.
Your stupidity has made my day that's why I'm laughing.

You still don't know what i was even talking about.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Chris Sharma » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:53 pm

elkanofan wrote:You still don't know what i was even talking about.

Nobody knows.
Chris Sharma
Michael Thomas

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Chris Sharma wrote:

Nobody knows.

Most telling - he doesn't know what he is talking about either. :dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Losmeister » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:03 am

i saw "highlights" of MLS final. so slow looked like each sie had 10 ozils.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:07 am

Losmeister wrote:i saw "highlights" of MLS final. so slow looked like each sie had 10 ozils.

He would fit right in there then. :biggrin:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby elkanofan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:17 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Chris Sharma wrote:

Nobody knows.

Most telling - he doesn't know what he is talking about either. :dontknow:

I know exactly what i'm talking about :)
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:09 am

Chris Sharma wrote:

Nobody knows.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:35 am

theHotHead wrote:
Chris Sharma wrote:

Nobody knows.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Sims » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Played less Prem minutes than Nacho Monreal has for us this season

LOOOOL
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby BS221B » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 pm

BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby elkanofan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 pm

He smiling all the way to the bank that's what!

We however wont be smiling in January if he still here, that's for sure. He has nobody to hide behind now.

1 assist and 1 shot in 8 games so far. No excuses for that, Willock has done more and he's a championship level player. He sucks and now at least without a broken man managing us the fans can see just how bad he is.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:39 pm

Mesut <3
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club