The Wizard of Özil

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Mesut Özil (10)

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:51 am

Imo, the most logical explanation for me is that he just doesnt give a f**k in training.

Emery mentioned this before

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:36 am

dont understand why we dont just continuously fine him for under performance and breach of contract if he's not working hard enough. Get all that money back and he might actually have to give a shit.

ruining his entire career over the last 18 months.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Santi wrote:dont understand why we dont just continuously fine him for under performance and breach of contract if he's not working hard enough. Get all that money back and he might actually have to give a shit.

Problem is we don't know that, or if it's even true.

Ozil has had this languid gait all his life. He's not a fighter and like many players, he mayn't go all Keano in training.

He's obviously lost his dribbling and shooting skills for some strange reason.

It also seems to he a problem in modern day football where coaches want their players to give 100% in training. That might be why Arteta isn't convinced, or perhaps he's simply injured.

All speculation. We really don't know.

Either way, we can't fine him for not putting the effort as it's a subjective barometer. It's not like he's broken some rule, or has disciplinary issues like 'Douzi does.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Im just pleased he is managing to upset some of you. Job done Mesut, well done.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:54 pm

theHotHead wrote:Im just pleased he is managing to upset some of you. Job done Mesut, well done.

Bit of a weird take, why do you want a player wasting a load of the clubs money and a spot in the registered squad?

I'll never hate him but I don't understand what his aim or ambition is over the last 18 months, it's a real shame that he's ruining what was a good career and a good legacy.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Santi wrote:dont understand why we dont just continuously fine him for under performance and breach of contract if he's not working hard enough. Get all that money back and he might actually have to give a shit.

Because it’s against the law. You can’t fine him for playing bad and unless you can prove he is on purpose playing bad which is close to impossible, Arsenal would be sued real quick and lose. There are laws that protect players from crocked clubs
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:50 pm

gooney wrote:

Because it’s against the law. You can’t fine him for playing bad and unless you can prove he is on purpose playing bad which is close to impossible, Arsenal would be sued real quick and lose. There are laws that protect players from crocked clubs

Not about playing bad, if he's not performing in training or not turning up now under 2-3 managers over the same amount of years, it'd be pretty easy to make a case.

Also he seems to make ghost illnesses and injuries, sure we can make a ghost reason to fine him and sort his attitude out.

Really would love Mikel to just tell us what is going on so we don't have to guess, he was his lovechild when he first took over despite what happened with Emery, so he must be really really shit in training to be completely exiled again.

He definitely has mental issues since the whole Erdogan photo incident blew up in his face but he'd be better off admitting it and getting support than this silence and guess work souring his relationship with the club and fans. I'm not sure if it's the whole issue but certainly since then he's lost the plot.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Santi wrote:
gooney wrote:

Not about playing bad, if he's not performing in training or not turning up now under 2-3 managers over the same amount of years, it'd be pretty easy to make a case.

Also he seems to make ghost illnesses and injuries, sure we can make a ghost reason to fine him and sort his attitude out.

Really would love Mikel to just tell us what is going on so we don't have to guess, he was his lovechild when he first took over despite what happened with Emery, so he must be really really shit in training to be completely exiled again.

He definitely has mental issues since the whole Erdogan photo incident blew up in his face but he'd be better off admitting it and getting support than this silence and guess work souring his relationship with the club and fans. I'm not sure if it's the whole issue but certainly since then he's lost the plot.

I'm his biggest critic and it is said to see how his Arsenal stay is ending.

Definitely something going on with Özil behind the scenes, I recon it you are right might be something to do with mental health personally
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:29 pm

There's deffo a mental health aspect to it; the club being tight lipped and telling us its his 'back spasms' is BS. He's always been reserved in public, but has become close to invisible in the last couple of years.

Depression can happen for a variety of reasons, but when it does, it kills your performance stone cold dead. For his sake, I hope he's getting treatment.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:26 pm

Think he got married last year. Should be ok at this stage w/money , name and fame and everything going for him. Don't know why one should be depressed when you've everything.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockape » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Let’s stop making excuses for his abject failure..... it’s got beyond a joke.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:24 am

Santi wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Im just pleased he is managing to upset some of you. Job done Mesut, well done.

Bit of a weird take, why do you want a player wasting a load of the clubs money and a spot in the registered squad?

I'll never hate him but I don't understand what his aim or ambition is over the last 18 months, it's a real shame that he's ruining what was a good career and a good legacy.

Because nobody knows what is going on but as usual the knives are out for Ozil, it annoys me. People speculate, that's all we can do but the speculation from those do not like him is FAR from logical. Nonsense like he cant be bothered, he is not putting in any effort. Total nonsense. The club have a process for disciplining players, Ozil would be subject to that process if he fell foul of the rules. Secondly and most appropriately, if his attitude was a/the problem he would be training alone or with the kids as punishment - like Guendouzi has been.

Neither internal club process for discipline or separation from the first team has happened that any of us are aware of, if it has happened why is it not public knowledge - like Gunedouzi's punishment was? The "most logical" explanation is, there is no attitude problem, there is no punishment and something else is going on tbat we don't know about so all of the hater's "illogical" explanations are just nonsense and hate. Simple as that.

So Santi, that is why I am glad Ozil is upsetting peeps on here, choke on their hate.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby VCC » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 am

theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:

Because nobody knows what is going on but as usual the knives are out for Ozil, it annoys me. People speculate, that's all we can do but the speculation from those do not like him is FAR from logical. Nonsense like he cant be bothered, he is not putting in any effort. Total nonsense. The club have a process for disciplining players, Ozil would be subject to that process if he fell foul of the rules. Secondly and most appropriately, if his attitude was a/the problem he would be training alone or with the kids as punishment - like Guendouzi has been.

Neither internal club process for discipline or separation from the first team has happened that any of us are aware of, if it has happened why is it not public knowledge - like Gunedouzi's punishment was? The "most logical" explanation is, there is no attitude problem, there is no punishment and something else is going on tbat we don't know about so all of the hater's "illogical" explanations are just nonsense and hate. Simple as that.

So Santi, that is why I am glad Ozil is upsetting peeps on here, choke on their hate.

If it ain't attitude, or effort
Then he aint good enough
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:19 am

How is it nonsense to speculate that ozil just cant be bothered when our former manager already adressed multiple times that he cant be bothered in training? Its one of the only explanations that we have actually received besides tactical reasons , back spasms and the flu.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:38 am

Dejan wrote:How is it nonsense to speculate that ozil just cant be bothered when our former manager already adressed multiple times that he cant be bothered in training? Its one of the only explanations that we have actually received besides tactical reasons , back spasms and the flu.

Because you or anyone else for that matter isn't privy to the situation on the ground.

I wouldn't pay much heed to Unai's statements because his track record managing big players isn't positive. He lost the dressing room at PSG and at Arsenal. He failed at Arsenal and his stock is very low atm.

What people should be talking about more is how awful we've been this season, how this is our worst league campaign since 94/95. Yet, people seem obsessed with speculating about Ozil when we have far bigger issues at the club.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club