Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby ESR10 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Dat guy to lead us to glory
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby Losmeister » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Mustafi wrote:Dat guy to lead us to glory

i'd love to see it... we need Welbz to have a a David Tyree streak...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 am

theHotHead wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:He literally has to prove his worth now.

Starting striker for the Europa campaign ......... god help us.

You couldn't of made it up with a worst time for Laca to get injured, tbf though if Welbeck can't get past Osterland then he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt ffs!

Giroud wasn't exactly banging them in either in the Europa League, against teams nobody has ever heard of bar one.

Which one?
I had heard of red star Belgrade I was at Highbury when they knocked us out the uefa cup in 78/79they won the European cup and were uefa cup finalists
And I was there when cologne knocked us out the fairs cup in 1971 European cup semi finalists and uefa cup runners up we signed tony woodcock from them
I had heard of bate borisov after they held juventus and psg to draws twice and Milan and Roma once
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If Welbeck doesn't score but we keep a clean sheet HotHead will say he proved his worth.

Come on now, I have made it perfectly clear, only in big games !!! Against a team I have never heard of I expect him to score.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 am

starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

You couldn't of made it up with a worst time for Laca to get injured, tbf though if Welbeck can't get past Osterland then he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt ffs!

Giroud wasn't exactly banging them in either in the Europa League, against teams nobody has ever heard of bar one.

Which one?
I had heard of red star Belgrade I was at Highbury when they knocked us out the uefa cup in 78/79they won the European cup and were uefa cup finalists
And I was there when cologne knocked us out the fairs cup in 1971 European cup semi finalists and uefa cup runners up we signed tony woodcock from them
I had heard of bate borisov after they held juventus and psg to draws twice and Milan and Roma once

Dammit. Ok then apart from two. I refuse to count Bate Borisov :)

And Cologne were relegation fodder when we played them so not exactly top class opposition.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 am

theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Which one?

Dammit. Ok then apart from two. I refuse to count Bate Borisov :)

And Cologne were relegation fodder when we played them so not exactly top class opposition.

There was one team apart from two
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Not exactly like Laca was banging them in, at the end of the day Welbeck does what you expect from a 16M squad player but 55M Lacazette on the other hand is flopping torres level.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If Welbeck doesn't score but we keep a clean sheet HotHead will say he proved his worth.

Proved his worth the day he scored against united away a place we'd struggled to win at previously on many occasions to send us through to the FA cup final, that goal was priceless.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:58 pm

If Wenger was smart, he would play Nketiah.

Both Welbeck and Iwobi are horrendous in front of goal, especially Welbeck who has played as a striker (lol).

Nketiah actually has striker instincts and unlike Welbeck, has footballing skills.

With the Auba not being able to play, and Laca put with injury, this is the perfect time to groom Nketiah. There won't be too much added pressure to win because of the Laca and no striker story. The excuse is already set up.

Possibility of reward taking risk with Nketiah.

With Welbeck you are pretty much guaranteed no reward. He has been and always will be shit. Time to move on.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:53 pm

KG3 wrote:

Proved his worth the day he scored against united away a place we'd struggled to win at previously on many occasions to send us through to the FA cup final, that goal was priceless.

That didn't send us to the Final.

Anyway, please explain how Welbeck capitalizing on a shit back pass proves his worth as a player three years on?

That's like me saying Chamberlain proved his worth by scoring against Liverpool in the previous round of that FA Cup campaign.

Imagine thinking a player can live off one goal for their entire career.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Sims » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 pm

I can’t wait to see what clown shoes has in store for us tomorrow

It’s either a hat-trick or one of the most embarrassing performances in Arsenal history
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Anyway, please explain how Welbeck capitalizing on a shit back pass proves his worth as a player three years on?

That's like me saying Chamberlain proved his worth by scoring against Liverpool in the previous round of that FA Cup campaign.

Ramsey did it for 3 years till he scored against Chelsea
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:43 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
KG3 wrote:

Ramsey did it for 3 years till he scored against Chelsea

Buried :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:05 am

Didnt that goal win us the cup?

End our 9 year streak of winning f all?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 am

Mike Dean wrote:If Wenger was smart, he would play Nketiah.

Both Welbeck and Iwobi are horrendous in front of goal, especially Welbeck who has played as a striker (lol).

Nketiah actually has striker instincts and unlike Welbeck, has footballing skills.

With the Auba not being able to play, and Laca put with injury, this is the perfect time to groom Nketiah. There won't be too much added pressure to win because of the Laca and no striker story. The excuse is already set up.

Possibility of reward taking risk with Nketiah.

With Welbeck you are pretty much guaranteed no reward. He has been and always will be shit. Time to move on.

THIS. He has to, AT LEAST, be named in the sqaud if not starting.

gotta show some sac.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football