Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Zenith wrote:
Callum wrote:I don't understand the criticism of his goal. Kolasinac hit it slightly behind him so he had to take a bit of an awkward touch to get it out on front of him before he could slot it away.

People are only making a fuss about it because it's Welbeck.

Agreed. :cheers:
Zenith wrote:The pass was in behind Welbeck and he actually did okay getting it under control within such short notice.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 pm

I couldnt help feeling depressed watching MU tonight.

They had Lukaku, Rashford, and Mkhi up front and brought in Martial later in the game as a sub. And might bring back Ibra back as well.

We started with Welbeck and brought in Walcott as a sub.

Ouch.

Giroud should have been starting along with Ozil and Laca to start the match with Alexis out.

We are short on quality. We desperately need a quality winger and a CM to contend.

We need a rotation of Lacazette, Alexis, Ozil, Giroud, and a new signing on the wings. This will allow us to rotate and account for injuries without losing quality on the pitch.

Even more importantly, that CM....... :BangHead:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CaptGooner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Mike Dean wrote:I couldnt help feeling depressed watching MU tonight.

They had Lukaku, Rashford, and Mkhi up front and brought in Martial later in the game as a sub. And might bring back Ibra back as well.

Ouch.

Giroud should have been starting along with Ozil and Laca to start the match with Alexis out.

We are short on quality. We desperately need a quality winger and a CM to contend.

We need a rotation of Lacazette, Alexis, Ozil, Giroud, and a new signing on the wings. This will allow us to rotate and account for injuries without losing quality on the pitch.

Seri/Riyad instant upgrade in depth and within financial means. I think Wenger is confident with Welbz/Walcott and Wilshere coming back.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The more Welbeck upsets you the happier I will be.

Keep scoring and contributing Welbz ! Tell some bwoy dem fi siddung!!

I don't think anyone here would be upset at him if he kept scoring and contributing.

You are missing the point lol...

It is the point because people that continually diss him but flip flop their opinion when he finds form will be shown up for what they are.

You can't continually gun someone and not give him credit for anything then start singing their praises when they start doing well. Thats hypocrisy.

When he is terrible --> diss him

If and when he turns good --> dont diss him

How is that flip flopping?

Thats calling it as it is.

Welbeck gets criticized by so many because he isn't good. Its not some conspiracy thing...

Its flip flopping when you cannot admit or accept he brings good qualities to the team then if he starts banging in goals he isn't shit. Same happened with Ramsey, loads of people said he was shit - he wasn't, he was out of form and then found form and people started jumping on bandwagons.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:30 pm

We're the only club that sticks through players for that long, and it's what costs us the title

Any other club would have sold Ramsey then and Welbeck as well, and gotten upgrades. It's why those clubs win the league.

Chelsea didn't wait for someone to get into form, they bought Fabregas
United aren't waiting for Rashford and Martial to get into form, they bought Lukaku
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:30 pm

How many people said Lukaku was shit and had no first touch and is overrated and a waste of £75M.

How many goals has he scored for Man U already!!

People chat shit, all they do is find fault and don't see the good. I said it before, I don't rate Giroud but at least I can admit to what he is good at.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:How many people said Lukaku was shit and had no first touch and is overrated and a waste of £75M.

People chat shit, all they do is find fault and don't see the good. I said it before, I don't rate Giroud but at least I can admit to what he is good at.

I don't think Lukaku's that good, or an improvement, he's just a point I'm making.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:02 pm

theHotHead wrote:How many people said Lukaku was shit and had no first touch and is overrated and a waste of £75M.

One of them is scoring goals v West Ham
Giroud scored 2 in his 1st home against them as well
Having scored at Upton Park earlier in the season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Zedie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Callum wrote:I don't understand the criticism of his goal. Kolasinac hit it slightly behind him so he had to take a bit of an awkward touch to get it out on front of him before he could slot it away.

People are only making a fuss about it because it's Welbeck.

Agreed. :cheers:
Zenith wrote:The pass was in behind Welbeck and he actually did okay getting it under control within such short notice.

I'll put my hands up and say fait play, he did well to get it under control and finish. However, at full speed, it looked like a standard welbs situation and actually had me in stitches.

I was laughing so hard I didn't actually see the proper replay until it was shown way after.

Regardless, he's taking up a position of a player that could produce that strength and running while also the finishing and passing. Don't ask me who, but surely there's a youngster out there in this mould that could replace him.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Mike Dean wrote:I couldnt help feeling depressed watching MU tonight.

Ouch.

Tbh, Rashford looked like Welbeck a few times this afternoon. Decision making is very English.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:34 am

theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The more Welbeck upsets you the happier I will be.

Keep scoring and contributing Welbz ! Tell some bwoy dem fi siddung!!

I don't think anyone here would be upset at him if he kept scoring and contributing.

You are missing the point lol...

It is the point because people that continually diss him but flip flop their opinion when he finds form will be shown up for what they are.

You can't continually gun someone and not give him credit for anything then start singing their praises when they start doing well. Thats hypocrisy.

When he is terrible --> diss him

If and when he turns good --> dont diss him

How is that flip flopping?

Thats calling it as it is.

Welbeck gets criticized by so many because he isn't good. Its not some conspiracy thing...

Its flip flopping when you cannot admit or accept he brings good qualities to the team then if he starts banging in goals he isn't shit. Same happened with Ramsey, loads of people said he was shit - he wasn't, he was out of form and then found form and people started jumping on bandwagons.

He plays up front and a lot of times as a striker.

So, Goal production will be the top criteria he will be judged by, at which he is atrocious. Absolutely horrendous actually.

Again, criticism is very fair.

And if he starts scoring regularly, then I don't think he will be critisized as much.

Again, fair play.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:02 am

It's the usual question .. would Welbeck start at Utd, City, Spuds, Liverpool or Chelski? .....

He's an OK squad player but he's not a top six starter ... persisting with good-but-not-great players is why we finish 18 points adrift .... whilst they're all we have we should get behind them .... but if Wonger is not trying to buy better then he's letting the club down ....

We need an upgrade on a striker - an upgrade on a wide player - upgrade at DM - upgrade at CB - upgrade in goal

Not going to happen in two weeks, but that's what we need .... Utd upgraded, City upgraded, Chelsea tried lol, Dippers fecked it up, Spuds are to poor .....

The opportunity for us to challenge is there ... as usual we're just not grabbing it ...

Welbeck is OK, but playing Welbeck and a few other similarly 'good' players is not going to win us the EPL ......
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Mike Dean » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:18 am

EliteKiller wrote:It's the usual question .. would Welbeck start at Utd, City, Spuds, Liverpool or Chelski? .....

He's an OK squad player but he's not a top six starter ... persisting with good-but-not-great players is why we finish 18 points adrift .... whilst they're all we have we should get behind them .... but if Wonger is not trying to buy better then he's letting the club down ....

We need an upgrade on a striker - an upgrade on a wide player - upgrade at DM - upgrade at CB - upgrade in goal

Not going to happen in two weeks, but that's what we need .... Utd upgraded, City upgraded, Chelsea tried lol, Dippers fecked it up, Spuds are to poor .....

The opportunity for us to challenge is there ... as usual we're just not grabbing it ...

Welbeck is OK, but playing Welbeck and a few other similarly 'good' players is not going to win us the EPL ......

Precisely. My frustrations stems from us being just 2-3 players away from seriously contending every. We are not really that far off but Wenger's persistence with limited players like Welbeck, Walcott, etc. Etc. çosts us year after year. You can't depend on these kind of players to play a heavy role and win you a title especially for a team like Arsenal which is already low on quality, has quality depth issues, and is such an injury prone team.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CaptGooner » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:11 am

Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:It's the usual question .. would Welbeck start at Utd, City, Spuds, Liverpool or Chelski? .....

Precisely. My frustrations stems from us being just 2-3 players away from seriously contending every. We are not really that far off but Wenger's persistence with limited players like Welbeck, Walcott, etc. Etc. çosts us year after year. You can't depend on these kind of players to play a heavy role and win you a title especially for a team like Arsenal which is already low on quality, has quality depth issues, and is such an injury prone team.

All I want is for us to strengthen the few need areas with the funds we have available. We don't have to throw money around- just what is available to use as despite popular belief we are not poor.

If we make smart buys and still fall short, then so be it. That's much better than being delusional believing our current crop will challenge when we were so far off last year.

To get back on topic, Welbz is a nice chap but at the end of the day he wasn't good enough for Manure.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:12 am

I agree with all these sentiments about improving our squad quality, before I joined this forum I used to state that the continual erosion of squad quality by Wenger is our biggest issue, its all well and good having a great first eleven, but when you need subs to replace them that are way below their quality it is a problem.

BUT - for me a far bigger problem is Wenger and his idiotic tactics and formations, they are the reason we drop points and lose games. I said it before elsewhere, scoring goals is not a problem for Arsenal but conceding goals remains our biggest problem. Surely if we fix that we will win more games. We concede far too many soft and stupid goals with keystone cops defending as a team. It goes back to discussions that our squad is not good enough to win the league but I disagree and the proof is there for all to see. When Wenger picks the correct game plan against the big teams we tend to beat them, but all too often he goes gung ho and we lose. If the team were not good enough we wouldn't win those games.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football