Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:I don't mind him in big games where we're looking to defend.

However, the idea of Welbeck and Iwobi as wingers is something that no one has ever tried before.

Can they beat a man and get a cross in? No, so they're not conventional wingers
Can they take on the keeper on a one on one and get a goal? No, so they're not forwards playing on the wing.
Can they deliver creative balls into the box to compensate for their lack of pace? Not even close.

The only think Welbeck has is height, which can be useful in big games. Against Chelsea, the ball out to Welbz was a good source to relieve pressure. But other than that, what is the point of Welbeck and Iwobi?

They have ze right attitude, spirit and quality.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

I'd rather keep Giroud and sell this useless POS.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:18 pm

gamechannel wrote:
GoonerAlexandre wrote:I don't mind him in big games where we're looking to defend.

However, the idea of Welbeck and Iwobi as wingers is something that no one has ever tried before.

Can they take on the keeper on a one on one and get a goal? No, so they're not forwards playing on the wing.
Can they deliver creative balls into the box to compensate for their lack of pace? Not even close.

The only think Welbeck has is height, which can be useful in big games. Against Chelsea, the ball out to Welbz was a good source to relieve pressure. But other than that, what is the point of Welbeck and Iwobi?

We showed great energy and motivation to draw with Chelsea. If we moved ze ball a little bit quicker, we would have won. I was very happy with ze work rate of Danny and Alex.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:28 pm

GoonerAlexandre wrote:
gamechannel wrote:

We showed great energy and motivation to draw with Chelsea. If we moved ze ball a little bit quicker, we would have won. I was very happy with ze work rate of Danny and Alex.

Reporter: Can you comment on the transfer links with PEA and Malcolm?
Le Professor: We are not on that case. We have Wellback and Iwobi. Santi Cazorla is also coming back. Mertesacker can also play on the wings. We do not want to kill Wellback, Iwobi and Mertesacker.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:38 am

gamechannel wrote:I'd rather keep Giroud and sell this useless POS.

I wouldn't !! As GA said, Welbeck is a good option in big games where you want to keep things tight, its not like you are playing with a man down. And its not like Welbeck hasn't scored in big games for us.

Whenever I see Giroud in the starting line up I get angry because you know he is going to be useless waste of space and fall on the floor every 2 minutes like a big girl !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 am

theHotHead wrote:

I wouldn't !! As GA said, Welbeck is a good option in big games where you want to keep things tight, its not like you are playing with a man down. And its not like Welbeck hasn't scored in big games for us.

Whenever I see Giroud in the starting line up I get angry because you know he is going to be useless waste of space and fall on the floor every 2 minutes like a big girl !

I agree with you there for a big fella he goes to ground easily :rofll:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 pm

I would be happy if we have a club £15m to take him
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Mess » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Welbeck is never a good option in big games, or any games actually. He's a below average player. We shouldn't even be looking for ways to fit him in the lineup. I hope that the required revolution at Arsenal will include not signing limited talent like him.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Mess wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Welbeck is never a good option in big games, or any games actually. He's a below average player. We shouldn't even be looking for ways to fit him in the lineup. I hope that the required revolution at Arsenal will include not signing limited talent like him.

With Walnut all but gone they will try to get him to sign a new contract and use some of the money from the Walnut deal to boost his wages. :(
Nuggets

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Mess wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Its time we start beating big sides as opposed to going in like little scared girls with a defensive approach. Its time we start behaving like Arsenal and go all out against big teams - attack the f**k out of them. Wellback means you're playing with 10 men in attack. Same goes for Iwobi. I'd much rather play Kolasinac as left winger than this useless waste of an alleged footballer. The guy brings NOTHING to our attacking football. And his defensive work is massively overrated.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby coach8smallball » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Mess wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

With Walnut all but gone they will try to get him to sign a new contract and use some of the money from the Walnut deal to boost his wages. :(

fully anticipate the Grinch making this happen. he's such a delusion fook to even think Welbeck brings anything to the team. we are and continually will be the laughing stock with the Grinch at the helm because his decisions to keep players who are either past their prime (flameta), don't provide a thing (Welbeck/Xhaka/Iwobi) played out of position (Maitland-Niles), and/or injury prone (Diaby/Sant/iWilshere).
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 pm

With Walcott now confirmed gone to Everton, Welbeck is safe for another season.

He was a good option for his first season only. After that he was injured for a year and came back as a Sanogo/Gervinho hybrid of terrible movement and zero scoring instinct.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:25 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Mess wrote:
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ESR10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:30 pm

As Walcott is out now, he's on the top of my list of players who should leave
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football