Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:42 am

Pudpop wrote:Wenger didn't quit

You are right he didnt.

But shit players like Welbeck are one of the biggest reasons he had to be forced out.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:20 am

Mike Dean wrote:But shit players like Welbeck are one of the biggest reasons he had to be forced out.

Nope he had to go because he'd become a deeply deluded, sadly out of touch, old fool ... a sad shadow of the man he was ten years ago ... make no mistake for all the 'advances' we made under Arsene in the early years we took just as many, if not more, "backwards steps" in the later years ... bottom line right now we are nowhere near a title challenging side, maybe not even top four ... that's why he had to go
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:59 am

Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Playing to Welbeck's strengths.

Yeah, that's the key to success.

Is this some sort of 'funny' comment? Playing to a players strengths seems sensible ... but maybe not in Mike Dean world .... maybe playing to a player's weaknesses is the way to go ... let's play Xhaka as a DM and see how that works out ......

Nope. Not funny. Sad actually and a fact.

If you have to play to a limited player like Welbeck's "strengths", you are not a very good team to begin with, which is also a fact.

Eventually it comes down to quality, and Welbeck is not it.

Wait, so let me get this straight; you don't think we should play to Welbeck's strengths? Surely good mangement means attempting to play to every player's strengths to get the best out of them!

I don't understand what you are saying here, I don't understand the goal of not trying to play to his strengths.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 am

theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Is this some sort of 'funny' comment? Playing to a players strengths seems sensible ... but maybe not in Mike Dean world .... maybe playing to a player's weaknesses is the way to go ... let's play Xhaka as a DM and see how that works out ......

If you have to play to a limited player like Welbeck's "strengths", you are not a very good team to begin with, which is also a fact.

Wait, so let me get this straight; you don't think we should play to Welbeck's strengths? Surely good mangement means attempting to play to every player's strengths to get the best out of them!

I don't understand what you are saying here, I don't understand the goal of not trying to play to his strengths.

I am saying get better players instead of trying to play to strengths to limited players.

Your team strategy should not revolve around players that should be sitting on the bench.

Not a hard concept to understand.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:47 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:But shit players like Welbeck are one of the biggest reasons he had to be forced out.

Nope he had to go because he'd become a deeply deluded, sadly out of touch, old fool ... a sad shadow of the man he was ten years ago ... make no mistake for all the 'advances' we made under Arsene in the early years we took just as many, if not more, "backwards steps" in the later years ... bottom line right now we are nowhere near a title challenging side, maybe not even top four ... that's why he had to go

Yes, and this is the delusional fool that kept saying we dont need to buy any more strikers because we have quality, we have Welbeck.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:04 am

Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Yes, and this is the delusional fool that kept saying we dont need to buy any more strikers because we have quality, we have Welbeck.

Yup .... that's exactly what I'm saying .... WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE STRIKERS .... you got that now?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:53 am

Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

I am saying get better players instead of trying to play to strengths to limited players.

Your team strategy should not revolve around players that should be sitting on the bench.

Dude, thats nonsense !!! Whether the player is the best in the world or a squad player, you play to their strengths. that is basic beyond belief. You just don't get it do you.

Would you play Ronaldo in a role that does not get the best out of him ? It makes no difference what level the player is at, you play to their strengths. If their strengths bring nothing to the team then you don't play them period. We are in this shit storm of a mess because for too long Wenger didn't play to the strengths of the players he had.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:00 am

To add to that, any manager that can play to the strengths of their players will have a strong team. they may not be able to win the league but they will punch above their weight. Danny Welbeck's strengths, when played to, offers Arsenal something good and different. Its up to the manager to get the best out of him. I do not agree with the view that he is shit and it seems many other managers don't either.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:54 am

theHotHead wrote:To add to that, any manager that can play to the strengths of their players will have a strong team. they may not be able to win the league but they will punch above their weight. Danny Welbeck's strengths, when played to, offers Arsenal something good and different. Its up to the manager to get the best out of him. I do not agree with the view that he is shit and it seems many other managers don't either.

Agreed. He's become a bit of a meme but you don't play for Manchester United, Arsenal and play 40 times for England without having something to offer. I'd be concerned if we were relying on him as a first choice option but as a squad player I'm happy for him to stay and to see how Emery uses him.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:18 pm

I have to say I admire gooners. This guy is shit. That's indisputable. But cos he plays for Arsenal gooners will support the shit.

That's commendable
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Callum » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Ach wrote:I have to say I admire gooners. This guy is shit. That's indisputable. But cos he plays for Arsenal gooners will support the shit.

That's commendable

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Callum wrote:
theHotHead wrote:To add to that, any manager that can play to the strengths of their players will have a strong team. they may not be able to win the league but they will punch above their weight. Danny Welbeck's strengths, when played to, offers Arsenal something good and different. Its up to the manager to get the best out of him. I do not agree with the view that he is shit and it seems many other managers don't either.

Agreed. He's become a bit of a meme but you don't play for Manchester United, Arsenal and play 40 times for England without having something to offer. I'd be concerned if we were relying on him as a first choice option but as a squad player I'm happy for him to stay and to see how Emery uses him.

And that's exactly what Wenger was doing last season.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:13 pm

EliteKiller wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Yup .... that's exactly what I'm saying .... WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE STRIKERS .... you got that now?

Not with Auba and Laca, no we dont.

As long as you insert Welbeck into the second option, then yeah, we do, otherwise that is just as delusional as Wenger was.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:

Dude, thats nonsense !!! Whether the player is the best in the world or a squad player, you play to their strengths. that is basic beyond belief. You just don't get it do you.

Would you play Ronaldo in a role that does not get the best out of him ? It makes no difference what level the player is at, you play to their strengths. If their strengths bring nothing to the team then you don't play them period. We are in this shit storm of a mess because for too long Wenger didn't play to the strengths of the players he had.

Sorry, but if you have high ambitions, you dont play a bench player major minutes and play to his strengths. You dont change your game plan for a guy like Welbeck lol..

Players like Welbeck need to plug in where needed. If they can't do that, you get another one that does.

Big name teams aren't molding their team and playing to strength to guy sitting on the bench. If they are not good enough, they get shipped out.

The mentality you are proposing is for middle and lower tier clubs.

The fact that you are using Ronaldo as an example shows you are still not getting the concept of having to change your tactics for a star vs having to change your tactics for a scrub.
Last edited by Mike Dean on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Ach wrote:I have to say I admire gooners. This guy is shit. That's indisputable. But cos he plays for Arsenal gooners will support the shit.

That's commendable

This.

Man U fans still laugh at us for taking him off their hands and having been stuck with him for so long.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football