Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Welbeck is worse than Chamakh
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:Ferguson also played Cleverley, anyone want him in midfield?

Yeah but the subsequent manager sold him and he went to .... Watford. A subsequent manager sold Welbeck and he went to Arsenal. Thats cos Cleverley is shit and Welbeck isn't.

Yeah, Wenger brought him, must be great

Wenger also bought the Ox, Theo who you hate, Xhaka the hacker and Sanogo
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Aye LOOOOL !!! Wenger just flopped my argument :rofll: :rofll:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Headless chicken sounds about right.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Cripps wrote:Has he? 19 goals last season. Has welbeck ever reached 19? He wouldn't get 19 in 19 seasons tbh.

Also this season Theo has been our best player in our most important games we've played.

Welbeck on the other hand has a nice smile.

Theo then:

Theo now:

In terms of commitment, he has imo. Walcott’s approach to games these days means he is only useful to us in very specific and, nowadays, only a few games. Starting Walcott outside of those games means, more often times than not, we’ll be playing with 10 men. Welbeck, at the very least, allows us to have eleven men on the pitch.

Now, I don’t know about you but I’d rather have eleven men on the pitch, a better chance to at least get a draw, and hope Welbeck can convert any of the chances he will inevitably get than to have 10 men on the pitch, increase the chances of a loss, and hope that not only Walcott gets his chances but we are not outscored as well.

Also, I have no doubts about who is the better player with regards to scoring goals but what matters most to me is the end result. Theo can score a goal a game, but it will mean nothing if we lose all those games .
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:02 pm

I'd rather have someone who can score or maybe, just maybe not interfere in someone's good play, Welbeck is garbage.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby diesel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Cripps wrote:Has he? 19 goals last season. Has welbeck ever reached 19? He wouldn't get 19 in 19 seasons tbh.

Also this season Theo has been our best player in our most important games we've played.

Theo then:

Theo now:

In terms of commitment, he has imo. Walcott’s approach to games these days means he is only useful to us in very specific and, nowadays, only a few games. Starting Walcott outside of those games means, more often times than not, we’ll be playing with 10 men. Welbeck, at the very least, allows us to have eleven men on the pitch.

my God. ive never seen that lack of commitment from a pro

Now, I don’t know about you but I’d rather have eleven men on the pitch, a better chance to at least get a draw, and hope Welbeck can convert any of the chances he will inevitably get than to have 10 men on the pitch, increase the chances of a loss, and hope that not only Walcott gets his chances but we are not outscored as well.

Also, I have no doubts about who is the better player with regards to scoring goals but what matters most to me is the end result. Theo can score a goal a game, but it will mean nothing if we lose all those games .
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:15 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:I'd rather have someone who can score or maybe, just maybe not interfere in someone's good play, Welbeck is garbage.

Walcott interferes in other's good play by constantly being offside, or by not passing to others who have a better chance at scoring, or by not giving a damn when others are.

He's changed. and tbf, i don't really put too much of the blame on him
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 pm

That goal v Newcastle. But but he can't take people on I hear loool
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Theo then:

Theo now:

I've debated that 2nd video, the mythical jumping over the ball/tackle to death. Ask GA how his debate was ripped apart about it and thus he never brought it up again.

The world and its dog could see from anoer angle the defender gets to the ball before Theo gets there thus he jumped out of the way from getting hurt which millions of players do every week every game. Ball wasn't there to be win and he's running at full pelt. Shows me his commitment right there. Unfortunately he can't just stop like that and get the ball cos he's not superman.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Sims wrote:Did Chamakh score more league goals for arsenal than Welbz has so far

No
Chamakh scored 8
Welbeck has 13
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Mess » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Cripps wrote:That goal v Newcastle. But but he can't take people on I hear loool

Nope, he can't! There was a fair amount of luck on that goal. And really, do you Walcott scoring goals like this often? Never!

That's like saying Wilshere is a master at ball control and scoring because of that brilliant "ping pong" goal against Norwich. Don't blink, you might miss those rare moment of brilliance­.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Cech beaten at his near post lol
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Hate how he fails to take people on

But back on topic, Welbeck is garbage and probably worst offensive player we've had
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Cripps wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

Theo then:

Theo now:

I've debated that 2nd video, the mythical jumping over the ball/tackle to death. Ask GA how his debate was ripped apart about it and thus he never brought it up again.

The world and its dog could see from anoer angle the defender gets to the ball before Theo gets there thus he jumped out of the way from getting hurt which millions of players do every week every game. Ball wasn't there to be win and he's running at full pelt. Shows me his commitment right there. Unfortunately he can't just stop like that and get the ball cos he's not superman.

I think there were other ways Theo could have handled that situation.

1. Just go for the ball. Imo, theo got there at the same time as the defender if anything. Going into a 50-50 without injuring yourself is a technique in itself. Theo choosing to jump over the ball shows one of two things: he either lacks motivation, i.e. the motivation to teach himself how to go into a 50-50 challenge or he lacks the ability, i.e. the ability to learn how to go into 50-50 challenge.

2. Just stand the defender up. At least this way, you force the defender into an error or to make a difficult decision. Theo choosing to jump over the ball in this case shows he lacks awareness. i.e. the awareness to judge accurately whether or not he could make it to the ball in time

Regardless of whatever possible actions he could have taken, the point is I have little doubt he took the least desirable option especially given the circumstances
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football