Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:43 am

Sad for Danny Boy, had nothing but love for him (pause), just hope for a speedy recovery.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:15 am

First of all, let me express sympathy for Welbeck for that horrid injury. It will take time and determination to come back from it, and I'm confident he'll be able to do it.

However, I don't think Arsenal are (or should be) under any obligation to give Welbeck a new contract. As many have already said on the thread, he's refused to sign new contracts prior to the injury, and thus hasn't shown willingness to commit his future to Arsenal.

All in all; although Welbeck's injury is unfortunate, we shouldn't give him a new contract.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby PairyGrows » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:38 am

I'd like to add that we have supported Welbeck through many injuries. Since joining Arsenal on September 2nd, 2014; Welbeck has missed 82 games (that is; a third of the games we've played during Welbeck's time here) through injury.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:45 am

aniym wrote:Lets not get dragged down this path of judging Welbz on the basis of hypothetical rumours and Twitter bullshit. The current DOF and coach haven't exactly played nice with Wilshere and Ramsey so I think y'all can take a day off from being armchair accountants for AFC.

Can we just wish the guy a speedy recovery and look ahead to our upcoming matches?

Breaking news

He doesn't read this forum

There's nothing wrong with discussing his injury from a club / footballing context
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 pm

PairyGrows wrote:First of all, let me express sympathy for Welbeck for that horrid injury. It will take time and determination to come back from it, and I'm confident he'll be able to do it.

However, I don't think Arsenal are (or should be) under any obligation to give Welbeck a new contract. As many have already said on the thread, he's refused to sign new contracts prior to the injury, and thus hasn't shown willingness to commit his future to Arsenal.

All in all; although Welbeck's injury is unfortunate, we shouldn't give him a new contract.

Pretty much it
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 pm

UFGN wrote:
aniym wrote:Lets not get dragged down this path of judging Welbz on the basis of hypothetical rumours and Twitter bullshit. The current DOF and coach haven't exactly played nice with Wilshere and Ramsey so I think y'all can take a day off from being armchair accountants for AFC.

Can we just wish the guy a speedy recovery and look ahead to our upcoming matches?

Breaking news

He doesn't read this forum

There's nothing wrong with discussing his injury from a club / footballing context

How can you possibly know that he doesn't read the forum??? Stranger things have happened.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Would've given him a new contract before the injury, makes less sense now as no telling how well he'll recover. Don't understand why we'd give him a contract for the sake of it, we already did that with Cazorla and he was actually quality.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dynamite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:41 pm

People whining about the wage structure but want to subsidize a millionaire who refused to sign a new contract the club offered him?
This forum.....
Dynamite
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Did they announce what his officially injury was?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:37 pm

StLGooner wrote:Did they announce what his officially injury was?

No, not really......they mention fractures, but I think its a very complex combination of breaks and torn ligaments and need to swelling to subside enough to properly assess it. He did have an Op on Friday, so you'd think they could explain it by now.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Rockape wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did they announce what his officially injury was?

No, not really......they mention fractures, but I think its a very complex combination of breaks and torn ligaments and need to swelling to subside enough to properly assess it. He did have an Op on Friday, so you'd think they could explain it by now.

Ah ok, cheers.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Hes had another operation

Would need a miracle to see him again this season
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 am

I think we've seen the last of Wele in an Arsenal uniform.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 am

Two ops would indicate a bone reset and possible screws/pins ... when you break ankle bones this is the quickest way to get a clean fix ... but it takes months and then you need to rebuild the area through physio ... won't see him again this season, it sounds like one of those injuries you must let fully heal or it will just repeat and become carer ending ... terrible bad luck for the lad ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:03 am

The thing is with ankles is some non-sports people have permanent limps afterwards

I have a college who broke his ankle eight years ago and still has pain

You can't presume a player will come back, and if they do they're not the same player
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football