Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby Ach » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Playing to welbeck strength is playing to the teams weaknesses
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm

You can't play to every player's strength, you only play to the strengths of players whom the team is built around.

Therefore we shouldn't and can't play to Welbeck's strength as he should be restricted to a peripheral role if he isn't sold.
Last edited by Va-Va-Voom on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Ach wrote:Playing to welbeck strength is playing to the teams weaknesses

Va-Va-Voom wrote:You can't play to every player's strength, you only play to the strengths of players whom the team is built around.

Therefore we shouldn't and can't play to Welbeck's strength as he should be refined to a peripheral role if he isn't sold.

Some people get it!!

Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:13 am

Mike Dean wrote:
Sorry, but if you have high ambitions, you dont play a bench player major minutes and play to his strengths. You dont change your game plan for a guy like Welbeck lol..

Players like Welbeck need to plug in where needed. If they can't do that, you get another one that does.

Big name teams aren't molding their team and playing to strength to guy sitting on the bench. If they are not good enough, they get shipped out.

The mentality you are proposing is for middle and lower tier clubs.

The fact that you are using Ronaldo as an example shows you are still not getting the concept of having to change your tactics for a star vs having to change your tactics for a scrub.

Welbeck started the FA Cup final v Chelsea and ran them ragged, he was a key part in our success that day, against a team that won the Prem with ease and were overwhelming favourites to win the cup ! So no I don't agree with you that Welbeck is a bench player. He scored winning goals for us against big teams also. And if you don't get the Ronaldo reference hen it is YOU that doesn't get it. You play to the strengths of your players, anything else is idiocy.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:14 am

Callum wrote:
Ach wrote:I have to say I admire gooners. This guy is shit. That's indisputable. But cos he plays for Arsenal gooners will support the shit.

That's commendable

theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:18 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:You can't play to every player's strength, you only play to the strengths of players whom the team is built around.

Therefore we shouldn't and can't play to Welbeck's strength as he should be restricted to a peripheral role if he isn't sold.

Of course you can play to Welbeck's strengths ! His strengths are his endless running, his ability to start wide, his chasing down of defenders and his turnover figures. That tells me Welbeck is a great option when you want to be defensively tight/compact. If you take the FA Cup final v Chelsea Welbeck was a good outlet because he stretches defences with his running, he also holds up he ball well.

There are enough scenarios that suit Welbeck's game to make him useful, a competent manager will use Welbeck's strengths to the team's advantage.

You're welcome.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:37 am

The fact welbeck is a striker and you want him to play for his defensive attributes doesn't tell you something?

Failed under Wenger and Ferguson. Lvg got a look and couldn't wait to get rid. Or was it Moyes? Point is he's failed at club level and whilst his England record is decent he's never and will be first choice

This guy scored one goal, I repeat ONE goal in 40 odd appearance for a title winning man utd side.

Laughed at by every single arsenal fan whilst he was at man utd, we looked on in despair as Wenger trolled us and got him and arguably put the final nail in Arsenal behind a major club coffin.

But cos he's joined us some think he's actually a good player? Like I said commendable but ultimately one just has to watch him play
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:20 am

Ach wrote:The fact welbeck is a striker and you want him to play for his defensive attributes doesn't tell you something?

Failed under Wenger and Ferguson. Lvg got a look and couldn't wait to get rid. Or was it Moyes? Point is he's failed at club level and whilst his England record is decent he's never and will be first choice

This guy scored one goal, I repeat ONE goal in 40 odd appearance for a title winning man utd side.

Laughed at by every single arsenal fan whilst he was at man utd, we looked on in despair as Wenger trolled us and got him and arguably put the final nail in Arsenal behind a major club coffin.

But cos he's joined us some think he's actually a good player? Like I said commendable but ultimately one just has to watch him play

Welbeck played 27 games in Man Utd's 12/13 title winning season
8 of those games he came on, on or after the 78 thminute
3 78 mins
2 79 mins
1 84 mins
1 88 mins
1 89 mins
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Pudpop » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

I find it weird how people praise Welbeck for his work rate but complain about Ozil's when they both do the same pseudo closing down where they out pressure to force the pass but never really enough to out the player under real pressure.

Welbeck's work rate is vastly overrated
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 am

" pseudo closing down "

the nail says OUCH!
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby matelot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:10 am

Welbeck worth a run out against Panama,with the exception of Kane he is the best finisher in the England squad..
matelot
Michael Thomas

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:15 pm

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby mel4 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Where is the strong fernerbahce delegate to come get their man?

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 am

To think we could have had Balotelli for the same price
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:44 am

Ach wrote:I have to say I admire gooners. This guy is shit. That's indisputable. But cos he plays for Arsenal gooners will support the shit.

That's commendable

Yeah, that’s what being a fan means. Of course guys like you can be more objective given you follow united, real and arsenal on any given day. No commitment to any.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football