Danny Welbeck

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Danny Welbeck (23)

Postby Mike Dean » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Mustafi wrote:As Walcott is out now, he's on the top of my list of players who should leave

Yes, please.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

gamechannel wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
gamechannel wrote:I'd rather keep Giroud and sell this useless POS.

I wouldn't !! As GA said, Welbeck is a good option in big games where you want to keep things tight, its not like you are playing with a man down. And its not like Welbeck hasn't scored in big games for us.

Whenever I see Giroud in the starting line up I get angry because you know he is going to be useless waste of space and fall on the floor every 2 minutes like a big girl !

Its time we start beating big sides as opposed to going in like little scared girls with a defensive approach. Its time we start behaving like Arsenal and go all out against big teams - attack the f**k out of them. Wellback means you're playing with 10 men in attack. Same goes for Iwobi. I'd much rather play Kolasinac as left winger than this useless waste of an alleged footballer. The guy brings NOTHING to our attacking football. And his defensive work is massively overrated.

Have you not seen what happens when we go all out against big teams?? We get a can of ass whooping!! No way we should be going gung ho. Wenger is a dumb shit and refuses to learn.

And, of Welbeck's 22 goals for Arsenal, 4 have been scored against big teams, in 4 separate games.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm

theHotHead wrote:
gamechannel wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
gamechannel wrote:I'd rather keep Giroud and sell this useless POS.

I wouldn't !! As GA said, Welbeck is a good option in big games where you want to keep things tight, its not like you are playing with a man down. And its not like Welbeck hasn't scored in big games for us.

Whenever I see Giroud in the starting line up I get angry because you know he is going to be useless waste of space and fall on the floor every 2 minutes like a big girl !

Its time we start beating big sides as opposed to going in like little scared girls with a defensive approach. Its time we start behaving like Arsenal and go all out against big teams - attack the f**k out of them. Wellback means you're playing with 10 men in attack. Same goes for Iwobi. I'd much rather play Kolasinac as left winger than this useless waste of an alleged footballer. The guy brings NOTHING to our attacking football. And his defensive work is massively overrated.

Have you not seen what happens when we go all out against big teams?? We get a can of ass whooping!! No way we should be going gung ho. Wenger is a dumb shit and refuses to learn.

And, of Welbeck's 22 goals for Arsenal, 4 have been scored against big teams, in 4 separate games.

Yes, so let's keep the useless git, give him a massive pay raise just so he can score 4 big goals for us every 3 years.. awesome plan!
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Mustafi wrote:As Walcott is out now, he's on the top of my list of players who should leave

Yes, please.

While we're chucking out the trash.

Shame they can't start on our defense as well.

Bit concerned about he amount of players coming in thought, we're giving away 3 players for every one coming in.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ESR10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:

Yes, please.

Bit concerned about he amount of players coming in thought, we're giving away 3 players for every one coming in.

True, but we had quite a big squad tbh.

I wouldn't mind only having 20 quality senior players with some promising youth players instead of 25 meh players as we had in recent years.

About our defense, Mertesacker is retiring. That leaves us with Kos, Mustafi, Monreal, Holding, Chambers, Debuchy, Bielik and the greek guy.

We should ship out Debuchy, Monreal, loan out 3 out of Holding, Chambers, Bielik and the greek guy and buy a starting quality centre back. 2nd spot should be between Kos and Mustafi. That if we decided to play with four in the back.

Feel sorry for Monreal as he was quality, but I don't see him keeping up the pace specially in a 4 in the back line up.
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 am

Gamechannel, way to miss a point !!

You said he doesn't do anything in big games (to paraphrase) I posted evidence that he does! And unless you had your head in the sand he was one of the reasons we beat Chelsea in the Cup final, he put in a superb performance.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:Gamechannel, way to miss a point !!

You said he doesn't do anything in big games (to paraphrase) I posted evidence that he does! And unless you had your head in the sand he was one of the reasons we beat Chelsea in the Cup final, he put in a superb performance.

So by that logic, we should keep every below average player who has ever put in a good shift once every few years against a top side.. like I said, Wenger has turned into a tactical dinasour who is too scared to play an attacking game against top clubs.. I want arsenal to start playing like the arsenal of old and for that to happen, we need players who can do that. Wellback is not that.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby KG3 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Mustafi wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:

Yes, please.

True, but we had quite a big squad tbh.

I wouldn't mind only having 20 quality senior players with some promising youth players instead of 25 meh players as we had in recent years.

About our defense, Mertesacker is retiring. That leaves us with Kos, Mustafi, Monreal, Holding, Chambers, Debuchy, Bielik and the greek guy.

We should ship out Debuchy, Monreal, loan out 3 out of Holding, Chambers, Bielik and the greek guy and buy a starting quality centre back. 2nd spot should be between Kos and Mustafi. That if we decided to play with four in the back.

Feel sorry for Monreal as he was quality, but I don't see him keeping up the pace specially in a 4 in the back line up.

Why should we ship out Monreal? Even though he's 31 he's arguably our most consistent centre back if anything all the other centre backs should be shipped out before him Mustafi and Koscielny included, my point is their is no need to fix what ain't broken, the likes of Terry and Ferdinand have proven in recent years that centre backs can play into their mid 30s.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Every time this thread is bumped I get my hopes up on him being sold.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 am

Tony_Adams wrote:Every time this thread is bumped I get my hopes up on him being sold.

lol same.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:13 am

How we go from the likes of Nasri, Hleb, Arshavin etc to the likes of Welbeck. Smh

And people saying he is better than Giroud are delusional. Remind me of just 1 season in the EPL that Welbeck has ever been better than Giroud..
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 am

gamechannel wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Gamechannel, way to miss a point !!

So by that logic, we should keep every below average player who has ever put in a good shift once every few years against a top side.. like I said, Wenger has turned into a tactical dinasour who is too scared to play an attacking game against top clubs.. I want arsenal to start playing like the arsenal of old and for that to happen, we need players who can do that. Wellback is not that.

We should also have kept Walcott because he was one of the few players that always scored against so called big teams. Has Welbeck ever even score the amount of goals that Walcott scored for the Arsenal? But I didn’t see that many people standing up to save him from being sold. Both players are not good enough for where we want to be.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 pm

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... k-11881310

Please happen. If so it's our best transfer window ever regardless of auba coming or not
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:42 pm

Wenger said he wants him to stay and he's not leaving, so not looking good.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby CaptGooner » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Mike Dean wrote:
Tony_Adams wrote:Every time this thread is bumped I get my hopes up on him being sold.

lol same.
CaptGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football