Francis Coquelin

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Francis Coquelin (34)

Postby realtalk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:53 pm

The guys just flamini 2.0 He should'nt be starting.He is a good filler squad player nothing more.People that were championing this guy as starter material as first choice cm Applauding his poor b2b role display to as santi's running legs. Should be embrassed. Absolute lunacy. Thinking that was the way to win in this league. When neither players were naturals in those position or blockbuster stuff.Dlp/ Santi system sucked balls.

Shame it took this long for wenger to scrap it and coquein starting. Wenger again never f***ing learns.Any stystem thats designed to protect a player has him as sole creator and to get on the ball is doomed to failure. You wont win with that shit.

Main reason coquelins fell off is because wenger moved him forward to be b2b, to run around covering santi's poor defensive skills ,being an attacking decoy.
And in the end he's defensive skills have gotten poor.So far different from hsis pure dm role to now.Where he's just running around reckless.

Mostly wnegers fault.Whast new here he??
realtalk
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Elneny cannot come back soon enough. Only reason we should keep this guy is if Xhaka gets sold.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal ad infinitum » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 am

Shows how far we've fallen when some fans are desperate for the return of Elneny. He's another one who should be no where near this club, but alas we still have that clueless charlatan as our manager.
Arsenal ad infinitum
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:58 pm

realtalk wrote:The guys just flamini 2.0 He should'nt be starting.He is a good filler squad player nothing more.People that were championing this guy as starter material as first choice cm Applauding his poor b2b role display to as santi's running legs. Should be embrassed. Absolute lunacy. Thinking that was the way to win in this league. When neither players were naturals in those position or blockbuster stuff.Dlp/ Santi system sucked balls.

Shame it took this long for wenger to scrap it and coquein starting. Wenger again never f***ing learns.Any stystem thats designed to protect a player has him as sole creator and to get on the ball is doomed to failure. You wont win with that shit.

Main reason coquelins fell off is because wenger moved him forward to be b2b, to run around covering santi's poor defensive skills ,being an attacking decoy.
And in the end he's defensive skills have gotten poor.So far different from hsis pure dm role to now.Where he's just running around reckless.

Mostly wnegers fault.Whast new here he??

remember the start of the season when this guy was supposedly 'first name on the team sheet' ? :rofll:

dead
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby BS221B » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Arsene Wenger: Xhaka and Kante are different type of players. You should compare Kante with Francis Coquelin.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-10048612

Comparing Kante with Coq :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm

he's right though
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 pm

I said this here last summer.

Wenger likes Kante but did not go for him because he thinks Coquelin is his Kante.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 am

Mike Dean wrote:I said this here last summer.

Wenger likes Kante but did not go for him because he thinks Coquelin is his Kante.

I been thinking about this. that is how we signed xhaka when kante was available for a few million pounds less. i honestly think the reason we didn't get kante despite Wenger clearly having an interest in him is because kante figured he would have a better chance at winning more trophies with chelsea. once it became apparent that he was going to chelsea, wenger started to deflect with those comments about chelsea when asked about kante, implying that signing kante would kill coquelin's career, etc. I mean imagine wenger saying that we missed out on kante because we are not as ambitious as chelsea. we'd be killing our bargaining power in the transfer market.

Maybe i'm a conspiracy theorist, but I refuse to believe that anyone can be so dumb to pass out on Kante simply because we had a similar player in coquelin
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Callum » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 am

Still a big fan of Le Coq despite what seems like a massive shift in opinion from fans recently. A good squad player who is effective when used properly.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:24 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:I said this here last summer.

I been thinking about this. that is how we signed xhaka when kante was available for a few million pounds less. i honestly think the reason we didn't get kante despite Wenger clearly having an interest in him is because kante figured he would have a better chance at winning more trophies with chelsea. once it became apparent that he was going to chelsea, wenger started to deflect with those comments about chelsea when asked about kante, implying that signing kante would kill coquelin's career, etc. I mean imagine wenger saying that we missed out on kante because we are not as ambitious as chelsea. we'd be killing our bargaining power in the transfer market.

Maybe i'm a conspiracy theorist, but I refuse to believe that anyone can be so dumb to pass out on Kante simply because we had a similar player in coquelin

No conspiracy theory. Wenger is the kind of person that would truly believe that he does.

Think about it. This is the same guy that has held onto Ox, Ramsey, Walcott etc etc for years thinking they are the answer.

He is unbelievably loyal to the players he picks to be loyal to.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:07 am

Callum wrote:Still a big fan of Le Coq despite what seems like a massive shift in opinion from fans recently. A good squad player who is effective when used properly.

Same

But part of this is about my policy of not judging any players in this squad until we get a new manager
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:11 am

Pudpop wrote:
Callum wrote:Still a big fan of Le Coq despite what seems like a massive shift in opinion from fans recently. A good squad player who is effective when used properly.

Same

But part of this is about my policy of not judging any players in this squad until we get a new manager

So Sanogo is potentially world class?
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Pudpop » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:19 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:
Pudpop wrote:

Same

So Sanogo is potentially world class?

Next Harry Kane tbh
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby diesel » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 am

Pudpop wrote:

Same

Yep, there with you fellas.no longer want to judge how good our players are until a COACH has got hold of them for a couple of months. It has been written in many biographies that wenker is no coach, simply a football person who creates a safe warm environment for players to perform. That's fine if the individual player eg Adams, keown, Wright, Dennis,, etc has self motivation, determination, technical ability and tactical nous and desire to be a winner within himself, but the vast majority who do not possess those traits either do not develop or regress. The winners who cannot take this environment, eg rvp, Sanchez, Cesc, leave. This leaves Arsenal where we find ourselves today
diesel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Coq has been poor this season but he was good for as long as he's been bad so far. I'm hoping we can just chalk it up as a bad year and he'll get his mojo back with a new manager.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to World Football