Santiago "Santi" Cazorla González ~ A Modern Day Great

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Santi Cazorla (19)

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 pm

Cripps wrote:
longBalls wrote:
Cripps wrote:Casillas, Ramos and Villa

Ramos :)

Iniesta , Xavi and Puyol and It is not even close.

Not sure if serious

Xavi, casillas and iniesta were the most influential players to Spain 08-12, if you look at it throughout the whole period.

Villa was quality in the world cup 10, however he didn't play in Euro 12 and went of injured in Euro 08 semi after 32 minutes at 0-0, Spain won 3-0, he didn't play the final, he wasn't on the pitch for the world cup winner.

Ramos was just a rb in Euro 08, wc 10, he was quality in Euro 12 though when moved to cb.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 pm

Just like rambo, xhaka and jack he's another CM who needs a DM next to him.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:21 pm

Villa scored 4 goals I think in 08
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby longBalls » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Cripps wrote:
longBalls wrote:
Cripps wrote:Casillas, Ramos and Villa

Ramos :)

Iniesta , Xavi and Puyol and It is not even close.

Not sure if serious

Are you thou for real you Child of the Earth?
There has been a reason Calling Iniesta Illusionista. Xavi is probably as a midfielder GOAT top 3 Material.
Puyol was in bis prime the best Defender. Personally i rate rio Ferdinand highly , but still
Puyol was a sheer beast with the will to kill.
No im not a barcafan but people forget how superb they actually were...
Someday mate, I don't know when
were gonna get to that first place
where we really want to go and well walk at highbury in the sun ,

but till then gooners like us , maybe we were born to run
come on now maybe we were born to run

gooners like us,
maybe we were born to run
longBalls
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 pm

Puyol was quality indeed.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 pm

Cripps wrote:Villa scored 4 goals I think in 08

So did messi in the world cup
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
Cripps wrote:Villa scored 4 goals I think in 08

So did messi in the world cup

Villa won in 08....

He got injured. Didn't disappear
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Just like rambo, xhaka and jack he's another CM who needs a DM next to him.

Yes, but unlike them, if he has Coquelin next to him, he can take the creating responsibility completely. They can't do that
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 pm

Cripps wrote:
Mess wrote:
Cripps wrote:What does he do exactly? Even when fit we still got overrun in midfield. His injury has made him seem better than he was. We flopped in seasons with and without him. One of those players that don't make a difference to a team.

If he stays fit then a squad option is all he should get.

Rarely runs forward beyond our striker and hasn't got many assists either. Not a DM and can't tackle so I ask what's his job?

Is it to help control midfield? We do in some games and others we don't much like now without him.

Watched him as much as anyone and never understood the hype

"Rarely runs forward beyond our striker"

PERFECT! That's what we need! So tired of seeing our "midfielder" Ramsey running past our strikers, leaving incredible gap in midfield and clogging up box where most of the forwards already are.

I do agree however that the more Cazorla is out, the better he seems to get. You would think that he was putting 9/10 type of performances every games, which he didn't. He had some really bad run of forms as well. That being said, he's a great player and would be our best midfielder, hands down. And I REALLY miss how quickly he starts our attacks with quick passing from deep, often, with 1 or 2 touches (compared to Ramsey and Xhaka being slow and indecisive). Sadly, he's probably wrecked forever though and I wouldn't involve him in any of our future plans.

Won trophies like that with cup final winning goals. If Ramsey had a decent DM next to him it wouldn't be an issue but he has Xhaka.
Give me a cm that tries rather than a santi who's content with padding his passing stats.

I can't work out if you re being serious ! Ramsey over Cazorla ? Are you ill ? I am not a Ramsey basher but dude you cannot be serious.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Mess wrote:
Cripps wrote:What does he do exactly? Even when fit we still got overrun in midfield. His injury has made him seem better than he was. We flopped in seasons with and without him. One of those players that don't make a difference to a team.

Rarely runs forward beyond our striker and hasn't got many assists either. Not a DM and can't tackle so I ask what's his job?

Is it to help control midfield? We do in some games and others we don't much like now without him.

PERFECT! That's what we need! So tired of seeing our "midfielder" Ramsey running past our strikers, leaving incredible gap in midfield and clogging up box where most of the forwards already are.

I do agree however that the more Cazorla is out, the better he seems to get. You would think that he was putting 9/10 type of performances every games, which he didn't. He had some really bad run of forms as well. That being said, he's a great player and would be our best midfielder, hands down. And I REALLY miss how quickly he starts our attacks with quick passing from deep, often, with 1 or 2 touches (compared to Ramsey and Xhaka being slow and indecisive). Sadly, he's probably wrecked forever though and I wouldn't involve him in any of our future plans.

Won trophies like that with cup final winning goals. If Ramsey had a decent DM next to him it wouldn't be an issue but he has Xhaka.
Give me a cm that tries rather than a santi who's content with padding his passing stats.

I can't work out if you re being serious ! Ramsey over Cazorla ? Are you ill ? I am not a Ramsey basher but dude you cannot be serious.

Its not even close tbh

Santi has been infected with the Diaby disease. Being better than he is whilst injured when in reality he wasn't very good. 2015 he was very poor and been injured since
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:39 am

endless trolllllling
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 am

Mesüt wrote:endless trolllllling

This.

Surprised you're the one calling them out on it though
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Interest: waning » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:41 am

Seriously who cares about this guy. Why is his thread high up? He's old and busted. Get rid.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 am

Cripps wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Mess wrote:

Its not even close tbh

Santi has been infected with the Diaby disease. Being better than he is whilst injured when in reality he wasn't very good. 2015 he was very poor and been injured since

Cazorla won pfa player of the month in jan 2015
He scored 3 and assisted 15 in 2015 including 1 in the fa cup final
The year before he scored our opening goal in the fa cup final v hull
Without which we wouldn't have been able to score a marvellous extra time winner
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am

Interest: waning wrote:Seriously who cares about this guy. Why is his thread high up? He's old and busted. Get rid.

Me
I rather like our players
Being a fan and that
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club