Santiago "Santi" Cazorla González ~ A Modern Day Great

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Santi Cazorla (19)

Postby Interest: waning » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 am

So?
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Come and save us baby boy :cloud9:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

He’s actually dead

No point having hope anymore, he’s secretly been buried underneath the Emirates stadium
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Cripps » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Come back for sideways passes. Can't wait.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Cripps wrote:Come back for sideways passes. Can't wait.

You must really hate winning.

And our win record in all competitions with Cazorla in the starting line-up -

Whether he can return and still reach the same high standards still remains to be seen, but this sideway passing malarkey needs to end if you want to be taken seriously.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:58 am

I guess it is like those pictures that appear to be just a jumble of shapes and colours upon initial viewing but after starring at them for 10 seconds or so an image can suddenly be seen, something to do with how the brain processes information. Some people see the hidden picture after 10 seconds whilst others might take a minute for it to come through. However, some people can never see the image no matter how long they look. I'm no fan of Jose's but won't entertain the notion that he is not one of the best 3 managers in the world right now and at one point was without doubt THE BEST. Obviously knows something about the game then and probably why he didn't dither upon viewing Drogba at Marseille..the same Drogba we'd been looking at for a year I believe. Couldn't see it with De Bruyne though could he..was laughing his bollocks off at flogging Lukaku to Everton for £35m..was the master poker player in getting shot of the useless Salah for a damn good profit to boot...
If some gooners don't appreciate how good and influential a player Santi is then fair enough, but pity is the emotion that springs to mind as opposed to angst coupled with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. As I said earlier, summat to do with how our brain processes information.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Zenith wrote:
Cripps wrote:Come back for sideways passes. Can't wait.

You must really hate winning.

And our win record in all competitions with Cazorla in the starting line-up -

Whether he can return and still reach the same high standards still remains to be seen, but this sideway passing malarkey needs to end if you want to be taken seriously.

:hail:

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Re: Ooh Santi Cazorla!

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:49 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:He can't play CM against top sides, might get away with it against relegation fodder like Hull but shouldn't be deployed in that position against teams who actually have a competent midfield. As I said before he doesn't make our best 11.

At best he is backup for Ozil at CAM or Ramsey at CM against mid table sides.
New Day, New Era, New Start. Come On You The Arsenal.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:50 am

Goonerz wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:He can't play CM against top sides, might get away with it against relegation fodder like Hull but shouldn't be deployed in that position against teams who actually have a competent midfield. As I said before he doesn't make our best 11.

At best he is backup for Ozil at CAM or Ramsey at CM against mid table sides.

2-0 to City

Imagine having Ramsey ahead of Santi

Shocking.

The football knowledge on this forum is dire

Ramsey after Arsenal will be playing in the Championship for Sunderland
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am

I swear some people on this site would argue a team of #10s would be great because to play ‘our style of football’ you need technical players.

We needed a DM when we had Santi fit. We still need a DM. Cazorla, Ramsey and Wilshere all need a DM next to them and we need better than Coquelin and Elneny!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:59 am

gunnor wrote:Cazorla deserves criticism, he is simply not good enough against the best teams in the midfield period. His lack of consistency also makes him a liability and he is second rate every Arsenal fan knows that. Even though he plays with Sanchez and Ozil he has never been anywhere near their calibre.

Let's not make players a distraction from the real issue though, Wenger wouldn't win the PL with Real's front line it's as simple as that. Blaming the players is a sideshow in a circus. Wenger has consistently failed to beat teams with far inferior players, therefore clearly, the players are not the issue. First we have to cut off the head of the snake before running our players out of town.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:01 am

John Ozil wrote:
Angelito wrote:We haven't been able to control the midfield in any of the big matches this season though. Our midfield is almost nonexistent in big games.

I'll exclude City considering it was the game plan. Chelsea away, 'Pool away, Spurs home and away, United home and away, Monaco at home - all these games we didn't control the middle as much as we're reputed to. We boss the smaller clubs, but gone are the days when we actually dictate the tempo in big games.

We can't control the tempo like the good 'ol days...coz none of the players have the physicality to do it.

Back in the good 'ol days....we had the likes of Paddy Vieira,Petit and G.Silva all of 'em over 6 feet tall... not afraid to play dirty and bully opposing midfields

Now we have midgets like Arteta,Cazorla and Ramsey and you think we can dominate the midfield with them?
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 am

Hulkibulk wrote:In 42 Matches, Cazorla has 7 goals (6 from penalty?) and 11 assist.
I think he is a bit overrated. A CM/AM that only got 1 goal from open play in 42 games? We can do so much better!
He also take a lot of wrong decision cause he allways takes som few extra touches on the ball. Yes, it looks nice when he takes a double piruette between two players, but it isnt effective, and the man don't know how to shoot. Sell him, and bring in Reus.
Øzil is much better than Cazorla btw.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:06 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Prefer Rosicky to Cazorla, anyway.

lol

i usually prefer the better players tbh :dontknow: :lol:

Matter of taste.

I prefer Rosicky's uptempo, energetic style of play which sees him push us forward as quickly as possible. With him everything is frenetic and sharp, none of that pass, pass, pass lemme pass again bullshit. We don't have anyone in our squad like him.

Unfortunately Wenger is intent on continuing with our faux tiki-taka so Rosicky doesn't get much playing time as his style is the antithesis of Wenger's ultimate square passing vision.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goonerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:If Ozil does get the nod over our diminutive Spaniard all I can say is he better come correct; the fans will be clamoring for Santi's return if Ozil doesn't bring the goods.
Goonerz
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club