Santiago "Santi" Cazorla González ~ A Modern Day Great

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Santi Cazorla (19)

Postby knowledge93 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:21 pm

I love Santi but we should let him go. We need players who are gonna be available the whole season.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 4:30 pm

We kept Diaby for a decade or something like that?

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Santi Cazorla. Even if he remains an injured crock for the rest of his career, you can be sure the Arsenal Finance Club retirement and old people's home is the best in the country. :roflmao:

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but not reliable anymore. A serious club would look elsewhere. I'm not aware that we're a serious club.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Wed May 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Mesut Ozil. Santi Cazorla. Tomas Rosicky. Cesc Fabregas. Andrey Arshavin.

5-stars gems at Arsenal in the Emirates era.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 6:55 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:We kept Diaby for a decade or something like that?

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Santi Cazorla. Even if he remains an injured crock for the rest of his career, you can be sure the Arsenal Finance Club retirement and old people's home is the best in the country. :roflmao:

Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but not reliable anymore. A serious club would look elsewhere. I'm not aware that we're a serious club.

Check out his injuries last two years. All because of overplaying him. He's 30+, and should be kept, but played every other week, if he's as good as he was pre-injury.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 7:13 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:

Check out his injuries last two years. All because of overplaying him. He's 30+, and should be kept, but played every other week, if he's as good as he was pre-injury.

I'd love nothing more than for that to happen.

St Santi Cazorla :cloud9:
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 7:15 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

I'd love nothing more than for that to happen.

St Santi Cazorla :cloud9:

We have Ramsey and Wilshere on the books. Get rid of both, get in someone who can play like Santi, and keep Santi as backup. Easy. You have Coquelin, who's not that bad, Xhaka who's not as bad as Ramsey, Elneny who I rate, so why care about Santi? He's the least of our problems.

The Welsh Maestro is number 1.
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeah he's such a likeable guy and a naturally gifted player. Wouldn't really mind keeping him even if he didn't play that many games.

Just like I never really minded keeping Rosicky as long as we did. But like you said we need a reliable replacement. Serious managers don't pin their entire season on players with fitness & injury issues.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 7:24 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:Yeah he's such a likeable guy and a naturally gifted player. Wouldn't really mind keeping him even if he didn't play that many games.

Just like I never really minded keeping Rosicky as long as we did. But like you said we need a reliable replacement. Serious managers don't pin their entire season on players with fitness & injury issues.

Which is why I have the perfect solution. Sell Wilshere to Bournemouth, pretty sure they'd cough up 15-20 million, he was good for them (Though not that good that he'd be good for us). Sell Ramsey, his stock is still high, and get in the Santi replacement. I posted a video of this guy, but can't recall the name offhand, he's always seemed good when I've seen him. Tielsomething
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby MecurialGooner » Wed May 24, 2017 7:28 pm

GoonerAlexis wrote:
MecurialGooner wrote:Yeah he's such a likeable guy and a naturally gifted player. Wouldn't really mind keeping him even if he didn't play that many games.

Which is why I have the perfect solution. Sell Wilshere to Bournemouth, pretty sure they'd cough up 15-20 million, he was good for them (Though not that good that he'd be good for us). Sell Ramsey, his stock is still high, and get in the Santi replacement. I posted a video of this guy, but can't recall the name offhand, he's always seemed good when I've seen him. Tielsomething

Youri Tielemans.

Yup good player, would be perfect.
MecurialGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 pm

MecurialGooner wrote:
GoonerAlexis wrote:

Youri Tielemans.

Yup good player, would be perfect.

Yup, that's the one.

The issue here, and the biggest one is Ramsey.

We have three issues in the squad
1. Midfield (RAMSEY SHOULD NEVER PLAY)
2. Right wing (NEVER EVER THEO AND EVEN OX AIN'T RELIABLE)
3. And we've said this one so long..... THE DEFENCE

This is why Giroud doesn't make me that mad. I don't like Giroud, but even at his worst, Giroud ruins play a heck of a lot less than Ramsey in midfield in the middle of a counter passing backward or Theo I don't jump into tackles Walcott and "I have no idea if I can pass today or not" Ox
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Wed May 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Realistically Wilshire is the closest we have to Santi in terms of agility and technical prowess, just our luck that he suffers from the same issues. I hope we hold onto Jack, I know a lot of you are done with him but I really think he can work well next to Coquelin or Xhaka (if he learns to position himself well).
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 am

Tielemans would've been a great replacement.

Have to look outside of this shitty country for a new Santi, he's gonna be very very hard to replace. Probably my favourite player of the emirates era and the most technically gifted, RVP 2nd.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:49 am

Need his replacement this window. Isco or someone else in that age and quality range.

Santi can stay but we shouldnt accept him being our starting cm next season. We should free some wagea from wilshere to have enough funds to pay santis successor.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Arsenal's Santi Cazorla expects to be out for at least another five months

Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla hopes to return to action in five months after undergoing another operation this week -- his eighth since suffering a right ankle injury in October.

Cazorla, 32, last played when Arsenal beat Ludogorets 6-0 in the Champions League on Oct. 19.

The Spain international was initially expected to return in November but had to have ankle surgery in December in Sweden, before having a graft done earlier in the year and then going under the knife again in February.

Cazorla called the 2016-17 campaign "the worst season of his career."

"You feel like throwing in the towel but my desire to play football is above everything," he told Cadena Ser. "I haven't been given a timeframe [to return to action]. It's very difficult to put a date, but I don't think it will be before five months.

"It's been since October that I last played. I've undergone eight surgeries, the last one yesterday [Monday]. I hope that things go better."

Cazorla added: "I've had complications since November. I got a bacterial infection in surgery, my bone got infected, the wound would not close and I had a graft done.

"I remember I had a bad spell with a back problem [while with Villarreal in 2010] but this is worse because it [healing] doesn't depend on me. Right now I can't think about the future, I just want to return to play."

Cazorla says Arsenal, the club he joined in August 2012 from La Liga side Malaga, have been extremely supportive of him.

He signed a one-year contract extension in December with his previous deal ending this summer.

"They [Arsenal] have been very good to me," he said. "They gave me a contract extension before I had my surgery [in December]. The coach [Arsene Wenger] spoke to me and reassured me."

Cazorla is happy that Wenger has decided to continue at the club. The 67-year-old, at the helm of Arsenal since 1996, is out of contract at the end of June but sources have told ESPN FC he has agreed a new two-year deal to remain at the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger led Arsenal to a 13th FA Cup and a seventh of his own with Saturday's final victory against Chelsea at Wembley.

"He is key to this club," Cazorla said of Wenger."He hadn't told us anything [regarding a new deal] but we are all delighted. The coach has done great things for the club, not just now but in the past. The club values his career. He has done miracles."

Source: http://www.espnfc.com/arsenal/story/313 ... ore-months

Get his replacement in ASAP
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Wed May 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Fuuuuuck me five more months? October at the earliest. I think we'd be very lucky to see him get a full run out in the side again.

Hopefully Jack can remain fit and play well.
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club