Chamberlain vs Walcott and Ramsey vs Wilshere

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Chamberlain vs Walcott and Ramsey vs Wilshere

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I have been big critic of the ox, but I have to hold my hand up and say he has improved alot this season. Even though his end product is not there yet, you can see this is a player who will soon find his goal scoring touch and be a very good goal scorer. Once Walcot I think this two will be direct competitors for the right side. Who will be the starter? I think even though walcott may bench him early on, Chamberlain is the better footballer and as soon as he sorts out his finishing it will be very hard for Theo to bench him.

Wilshere vs Ramsey is another competition for one place. I think in the long run these two will be direct competitors for the box to box position in midfield. I dont think neither will bench Ozil and even if Oxil dont work out I dont see Wenger giving neither of these the position behind the striker as neither are good enough attacking wise. Who will be the starter eventually? I think ramseys health and physical advantage will end Wilshere at Arsenal.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Chamberlain vs Walcott and Ramsey vs Wilshere

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Hey SchGoo, here's a thread - tailor made for you. ;)

Before delving into their individual qualities, I think we have to access their fitness levels. Walcott is turning into Theoby and Wilshere has had a chequered run due to his injuries. On the other hand, Chamberlain and Ramsey appear to remain injury free in comparison, so as long as Theoby and Jack spend a season without getting injured, it's very difficult ascertain anything.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby jmiles10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Ramsey, as are results are much better without jack and Ramsey plays better without jack. Ramsey has reached a high level before jack hasn't really.

Ox and Theo, ox ATM as Theo can't get fit, but they're different, Theo still has end product edge but ox is still imporving
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Angelito wrote:Hey SchGoo, here's a thread - tailor made for you. ;)

Before delving into their individual qualities, I think we have to access their fitness levels. Walcott is turning into Theoby and Wilshere has had a chequered run due to his injuries. On the other hand, Chamberlain and Ramsey appear to remain injury free in comparison, so as long as Theoby and Jack spend a season without getting injured, it's very difficult ascertain anything.

True, but ox is better footballer than walcott. I think thats clear as day. But walcott has great end product. I think ox can reach a higher level. But ramsey will gain most from wilsheres injury and if he finds great form without wilshere and shines. It will raise some serious questions about the two
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 pm

Theo and Jack, the two better players. Prefer them. Ox will never match Theo's intelligence in his runs, one of the best I've seen.

Enjoy your debate, I'm too tired.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

AOC > Walcott

Wilshere = Ramsey
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Chamberlain.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Schlandi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:39 pm

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm

I think on current form Oxlade-Chamberlain is undroppable so Walcott may have to bide his time, although given the amount of games we have coming up we need to rotate our attacking options.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Theo and Ramsey.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

gooney wrote:

True, but ox is better footballer than walcott. I think thats clear as day. But walcott has great end product. I think ox can reach a higher level. But ramsey will gain most from wilsheres injury and if he finds great form without wilshere and shines. It will raise some serious questions about the two

If Ramsey gets back to his previous form (last season's) during the time Jack is out, it's going to take Jack some determination to get back into the starting line up. The two together don't work as we all know by now.

Chamberlain has really done well over the last 3-4 games, but it's early to judge him. If he can keep it up, it's going to get mighty tight between Theo and him. But then Chambo may not have to worry at all because Theo is looking like a limp case right now.

I think Chambo has a higher ceiling than Theo and is better than Walcott when he was Chambo's age.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:26 pm

Theo for me is one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit. He is absolutely essential for us, he's the only natural goal-threat in our squad and our only big game player. There's no doubt that all round ability Ox is a better footballer, (and I think he will become amazing) but Walcott is on a different level in terms of importance for me. Seeing Theo & Alexis on both sides will be a joy to watch.

Ramsey has been absolutely dog this season, yesterday I thought he was good cause he went back to basics. I don't think anyone can argue that Wilshere is on a different level technically to Ramsey, but Ramsey is an all-rounder and a great box to box player, well if he stops trying hollywood passes and back heels. Matt Spiro made a point that Wilshere's close control at speed is fantastic and is rare to see these days, but he doesn't get enough protection in this league. I think if Wilshere went to Spain he would absolutely merk it.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Sims wrote:Theo for me is one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit. He is absolutely essential for us, he's the only natural goal-threat in our squad and our only big game player. There's no doubt that all round ability Ox is a better footballer, (and I think he will become amazing) but Walcott is on a different level in terms of importance for me. Seeing Theo & Alexis on both sides will be a joy to watch.

Ramsey has been absolutely dog this season, yesterday I thought he was good cause he went back to basics. I don't think anyone can argue that Wilshere is on a different level technically to Ramsey, but Ramsey is an all-rounder and a great box to box player, well if he stops trying hollywood passes and back heels. Matt Spiro made a point that Wilshere's close control at speed is fantastic and is rare to see these days, but he doesn't get enough protection in this league. I think if Wilshere went to Spain he would absolutely merk it.

Ramsey is better goal scorer and better defender imo. He is stronger, quicker and has better engine. Wilshere does have technical advantage. Its a mistake wenger always makes, he always chooses the better technician rather than better overall player
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:32 pm

We have a serious amount of games coming up so Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain will both get plenty of games. Walcott is still being eased back from a long-term injury as well so it'll be some time before we can talk about playing him regularly, game-after-game.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Sims wrote:Theo for me is one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit. He is absolutely essential for us, he's the only natural goal-threat in our squad and our only big game player. There's no doubt that all round ability Ox is a better footballer, (and I think he will become amazing) but Walcott is on a different level in terms of importance for me. Seeing Theo & Alexis on both sides will be a joy to watch.

LOL (first part)

ROFL (2nd bold part)

Yeah that's the why .. (3rd bold part)

Who the f**k is Matt Spirlo ?
Last edited by Schlandi on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk