Chamberlain vs Walcott and Ramsey vs Wilshere

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Chamberlain vs Walcott and Ramsey vs Wilshere

Postby arsenalpan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:31 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
arsenalpan wrote:These 2 cases are totally different. Theo or OX? I don't mind. Either one could do a wonderful job. Rambo or Jack? Neither would work.

Neither would work?

So how is it Ramsey was our best player last season?

We are talking about this season, right?
arsenalpan
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby yadunoe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:35 am

walcott is better then chamberlain atm but i see more potential in chamberlain and see him as a cdm or cm where he can charge forward with pace . Ramsey is better then jack, Ramsey has more potential I honestly feel now only one can stay if we keep ozil . as of now that has to be rambo . if we sell ozil then we can keep both
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 am

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Ox will never score 20+ goals in a season.

How many times has Walcott done that? Once?

And Ox isn't a goal scorer. He's more of a goal creator, which I admit - he doesn't do much. But he's just getting to start regularly. Sure, he's not at Theo's level right now and that's not a criticism at all, but he has a higher potential than Theo.

The worrying part for me about Theo are his injuries. He's not been a significant part of the team for 1.5 seasons now.

In the last 18 months theo has
Set up 2 of the goals at fenerbahce
Put us in front in marseille
Set up girouds goal v spurs
Set up ozil goal v Everton
Scored twice at west ham
Set up giroud at Newcastle

Significant part - keywords in context.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Ox will never score 20+ goals in a season.

How many times has Walcott done that? Once?

And Ox isn't a goal scorer. He's more of a goal creator, which I admit - he doesn't do much. But he's just getting to start regularly. Sure, he's not at Theo's level right now and that's not a criticism at all, but he has a higher potential than Theo.

The worrying part for me about Theo are his injuries. He's not been a significant part of the team for 1.5 seasons now.

In the last 18 months theo has
Set up 2 of the goals at fenerbahce
Put us in front in marseille
Set up girouds goal v spurs
Set up ozil goal v Everton
Scored twice at west ham
Set up giroud at Newcastle

Significant part - keywords in context.

Set up the goals at fenerbahce that helped qualify us for the group stages of the champions league
Without his goals and assists we would not have made this seasons champions league
His performance before going off injured v spurs in the 3 rd round of the fa cup was very good
I don't include champions league qualification as a trophy but I still view the players that make a contribution to get us to dine at the top table are worthy of praise even if wenger turns up with a fiver a bottle of home made wine a corkscrew and some cheese and pickle sandwichsThis is not a slight on the players but how he approaches occasions that should be special but he treats as a bloody tourist on a budget rather than a manager of a huge club
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Angelito » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 pm

^ I was talking about his involvement in terms of minutes, old man. :shout:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Angelito wrote:^ I was talking about his involvement in terms of minutes, old man. :shout:

Still not old enough to have seen us win the fairs cup but savvy enough to know it was a bona Fide European trophy and not some contrivance like the European super cup/ world club championship young man
This old boy would be at the barricades if anybody was trying to take any trophys off us not dancing to dodgy ol uefas tune
Paul vaessen did'nt get many minutes in 1980 when we got to the European cup winners cup final but I would say heading in a goal in the last minute of a semi final at juventus when we had drawn the 1st leg 1-1at highbury was a significant contribution
Would you not?
starmandb

Postby Angelito » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:23 am

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:^ I was talking about his involvement in terms of minutes, old man. :shout:

Still not old enough to have seen us win the fairs cup but savvy enough to know it was a bona Fide European trophy and not some contrivance like the European super cup/ world club championship young man
This old boy would be at the barricades if anybody was trying to take any trophys off us not dancing to dodgy ol uefas tune
Paul vaessen did'nt get many minutes in 1980 when we got to the European cup winners cup final but I would say heading in a goal in the last minute of a semi final at juventus when we had drawn the 1st leg 1-1at highbury was a significant contribution
Would you not?

Holy shit!

I know you're the king of literal comprehension, but would you say that Walcott has played as many minutes as our top guns (read Ramsey, Ozil, Kosc, Per, Szczesny, Giroud, et al)? Walcott is a bang on starter for Arsenal and he's missed CHUNKS of last 18 months because of injury. I don't see how that can be debated.

And, the Fairs Cup was great and I love that we've won it even though I was born like 20 years after it happened, but it's not counted as an official European Cup win for us as the CWC is. Again, how can this be debatable? This isn't talking from an emotional standpoint.

Also, if Walcott came in and scored a winner in the CL final this season and we won it, he'd go down as an Icon who scored the most important goal for us - in recent times, but that wouldn't mean that he's had "significant game time."
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:25 am

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Would you not?

Holy shit!

I know you're the king of literal comprehension, but would you say that Walcott has played as many minutes as our top guns (read Ramsey, Ozil, Kosc, Per, Szczesny, Giroud, et al)? Walcott is a bang on starter for Arsenal and he's missed CHUNKS of last 18 months because of injury. I don't see how that can be debated.

And, the Fairs Cup was great and I love that we've won it even though I was born like 20 years after it happened, but it's not counted as an official European Cup win for us as the CWC is. Again, how can this be debatable? This isn't talking from an emotional standpoint.

Also, if Walcott came in and scored a winner in the CL final this season and we won it, he'd go down as an Icon who scored the most important goal for us - in recent times, but that wouldn't mean that he's had "significant game time."

Ok not gonna argue on semantics have run out of things to say and it's probably boring the pants of everybody
Will still argue the validity of the fairs cup you are making it sound like a spurs fan clinging to a pre season tournament as if it is a bona Fide trophy
This was one and I 1st started going the season after we won it
Close enough to say that this was a big deal the real McCoy
Not the flight of fancy of some old man
The premier league talk in terms of only in the premier league era
Does that mean all our old 1st division championships have no meaning?
starmandb

Postby Angelito » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am

starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Would you not?

Holy shit!

Ok not gonna argue on semantics have run out of things to say and it's probably boring the pants of everybody
Will still argue the validity of the fairs cup you are making it sound like a spurs fan clinging to a pre season tournament as if it is a bona Fide trophy

No.

All I'm stating is that UEFA doesn't count it as the UEFA Cup. I'm not discounting the win.

If it serves you well, FIFA does count it as an international club trophy.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Would you not?

Holy shit!

No.

All I'm stating is that UEFA doesn't count it as the UEFA Cup. I'm not discounting the win.

If it serves you well, FIFA does count it as an international club trophy.

Thank you
It serves me well it serves you well and it serves everybody who ever gave a damn about the history of this club well
It's hard work winning trophys and I don't wish to see them dismissed with a stroke of uefas pen
Only the people who watched history being made can document it properly and I have an 2 uncles and a grandfather as long as neighbours who lived in my Nan's block nearly 70 years who were all at that anderlecht final who had seen enough Mickey Mouse friendlys to no what a real trophy was and this certainly was one
I joined them all the season after
It was as fresh as a daisy in the mind and proved a fantastic launch pad for the 70/71 double
starmandb

Postby wolfie77 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:37 am

I think Arsenal need a holding midfielder to complement Ramsey, it's a shame about Jack and his ankle injuries. He hasn't pushed on from the early promise and potential he showed especially when he ran the midfield against a very good Barcelona team in the Champions League. Rambo has pushed on and I think he will get even better.
wolfie77
Liam Brady

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 pm

gooney wrote:
Sims wrote:Walcott hate has always dumbfounded me to be honest. He's a great player, he really is.

He is not and never will be a great player. he is a player with an unbelievable physical gift and has been smart enough to learn how to use that pace with timing of his running. If a great player has that kind of pace, he would do far more damage than what walcott does

This thread= Awesome

Btw, gooney was right ;)
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Walcott and Ramsey.

/thread
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Walcott and Ramsey.

/thread
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:03 pm

gooney wrote:I have been big critic of the ox, but I have to hold my hand up and say he has improved alot this season. Even though his end product is not there yet, you can see this is a player who will soon find his goal scoring touch and be a very good goal scorer.

This, though, has to take the title of the best post I've found, and in the OP too
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk