Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:12 am

He has been our worst defender this season cost us 2 goals yesterday but it seems like people are sweeping his lackadaisical performances under the rug.

2 goals against dortmund

could have done better for navas' cross to aguero (even though i think flamini is mainly at fault)

allowed demichelis to score

refused to jump against uloa

was shown up by ba numerous times and if ba finished we might not even be in the cl.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: When will Koscielny start getting stick?

Postby Massa » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 am

Oh no; not 100% of our players are being slammed; let's make sure we do the whole team

And fwiw Mert was far worse yesterday
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Vinny » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:15 am

Massa wrote:Oh no; not 100% of our players are being slammed; let's make sure we do the whole team

Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:He has been our worst defender this season cost us 2 goals yesterday but it seems like people are sweeping his lackadaisical performances under the rug.

2 goals against dortmund

could have done better for navas' cross to aguero (even though i think flamini is mainly at fault)

was shown up by ba numerous times and if ba finished we might not even be in the cl.

Koscielny was the only one putting in tackles last night, didn't think he was that bad, not half as bad as any of the midfield. The first goal he had covered if it weren't for a flukey touch (which would, 9 times out of 10 lose you posession). The second I thought he had/could of had Auba but Szcz came rushing out and then he had to just go for the goalline.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Maradonna » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 am

Massa wrote:Oh no; not 100% of our players are being slammed; let's make sure we do the whole team

Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 am

Vinny wrote:

Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:19 am

shit thread cya later.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:50 am

it's better to do that than do the usual scapegoating

what a ridiculous post tbh

i guess only scapegoats deserve criticism when performing poorly
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:51 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:He has been our worst defender this season cost us 2 goals yesterday but it seems like people are sweeping his lackadaisical performances under the rug.

2 goals against dortmund

Koscielny was the only one putting in tackles last night, didn't think he was that bad, not half as bad as any of the midfield. The first goal he had covered if it weren't for a flukey touch (which would, 9 times out of 10 lose you posession). The second I thought he had/could of had Auba but Szcz came rushing out and then he had to just go for the goalline.

szczesney was poor too for the second but i koscienly wasnt marking well and he allowed 2 big of a gap between him and mertesacker.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Swan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:56 am

Mert was off in lalla land for the 2nd. The guy was 5 feet from him and he juat left him.and then.he was ro f***ing slow to.catch him.
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 am

Cool thread. Would read again.

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Swan wrote:Mert was off in lalla land for the 2nd. The guy was 5 feet from him and he juat left him.and then.he was ro f***ing slow to.catch him.

i'm sorry but this is completely untrue

the ball was on our right side and koscielny was all the way on the left side of the pitch

he was completely at fault

mert was positioned fine for the ball down the line koscielny however wasnt positioned to intercept a ball through the middle

mert having to catch aubameyang up is ludicrous to say the least a defenders job isnt to catch people up it is to prevent the danger in the first place.

As someone who has played cb at semi pro level if my cb partner was positioned where kos was positioned i'd be livid.

Maybe you can say arteta should have dropped into the space, but even then i'd say that the reason there was such a huge gap between our cbs was down to kos' woeful positioning.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:20 pm

You can blame Arteta for not following the run, both cbs for getting split, the rb for not stopping the cross and the keeper for rushing out. f***ing terrible goal.

and if kos had been further over then I guarantee there'd be a massive gap between him and gibbs and we'd just get exposed there. our defence is shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 pm

If kos was where mert was he could have cought the guy.

The way is see it it therw was no one on the right side makeing a run just the guy 5 feet from mert and when he is that close to him.he should have seen him and make an.adjustment.

When he finally saw him the guy had the ball and off to the races cause he os to.slow

I.agree kos was to far over and if he was closer yes he vould have prevented the goal(hope anyway) but the.guy was in pissing distance of mert he should.have saw him coming amd covered him.better cause we all know he cant catch a cold.
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Mesüt wrote:You can blame Arteta for not following the run, both cbs for getting split, the rb for not stopping the cross and the keeper for rushing out. f***ing terrible goal.

and if kos had been further over then I guarantee there'd be a massive gap between him and gibbs and we'd just get exposed there. our defence is shit.

well no that isnt true either a massive gap at lb is far less dangerous than a massive gap in between cbs especially in this situation. The ball was on our right side if koscielny was tucked inside dortmund would have had to switch the ball 50 yards and their player would have had to take a touch in a wide position not center of our goal. Kos can easily make 5-8 yards to the left if that happens and even then the player has to take a shot or cross at a narrow angle.

This is why full backs can tuck in as well because a switch isnt a particularly dangerous play whilst a ball through the centre is probably one of the most dangerous.

Yes bellerin could have stopped the pass but how is he to knw that kos was defending like an amateur and the pass was on? In this kind of situation you expect your most experienced defenders to not make elementary mistakes like this. Kos showed poor concentration and you can tell by his reaction that he knew that he f***ked up.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club