Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm

The guy has to be a multi millionaire FFS he is not skint, he should honour his contract. I hope they take him to the courts, ungrateful is the word that springs to mind.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Nuggets wrote:The guy has to be a multi millionaire FFS he is not skint, he should honour his contract. I hope they take him to the courts, ungrateful is the word that springs to mind.

Kroenke’s a billionaire but he’s as stingy as they come. Even though I agree that he probably doesn’t need any more money it doesnt change the fact that most people would take more money if they had the chance to, regardless of how rich they are.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:31 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Nuggets wrote:The guy has to be a multi millionaire FFS he is not skint, he should honour his contract. I hope they take him to the courts, ungrateful is the word that springs to mind.

Kroenke’s a billionaire but he’s as stingy as they come. Even though I agree that he probably doesn’t need any more money it doesnt change the fact that most people would take more money if they had the chance to, regardless of how rich they are.

True, all greedy bast*rds always do.
Nuggets

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:49 am

themessiah wrote:They All seem to leave on bad terms. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez, Sagna, Nasri, Adebayor and now Koscielny. :lol:

Add Ozil to the list and you'll recognize something I have been saying for a while: Arsenal fans love to hate the very best/most iconic players of the Emirates era.

Quite fitting the most romanticized Gunners of the era are Giroud and Ramsey. Tells you everything you need to know.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:25 am

Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:They All seem to leave on bad terms. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez, Sagna, Nasri, Adebayor and now Koscielny. :lol:

Add Ozil to the list and you'll recognize something I have been saying for a while: Arsenal fans love to hate the very best/most iconic players of the Emirates era.

Quite fitting the most romanticized Gunners of the era are Giroud and Ramsey. Tells you everything you need to know.

Thank you for sharing that, clears it up nicely. :tumbleweed:
Nuggets

Postby Dejan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:34 am

Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:They All seem to leave on bad terms. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez, Sagna, Nasri, Adebayor and now Koscielny. [emoji38]

Oh please. None of the list above got any hate while playing for us. The majority was well respected and loved. Stop creating your own stories because ozil has had a patethic season.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:51 am

Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
themessiah wrote:They All seem to leave on bad terms. RVP, Fabregas, Sanchez, Sagna, Nasri, Adebayor and now Koscielny. [emoji38]

Oh please. None of the list above got any hate while playing for us. The majority was well respected and loved. Stop creating your own stories because ozil has had a patethic season.

And, Dejano misses the point.

None of those players are respected/loved/adored here at Arsenal. That's the point. If we had to make a list of our best players of the Emirates era, it'd probably be van Persie, Cesc, Ozil, Alexis, Sagna, Rosicky, Arshavin, Santi, Nasri, Koscielny, Monreal, Hleb, and Adebayor.

And, most of them are not looked back upon fondly, save for Ozil and Kosc who still play for us, so the jury is still out on them - and Santi Cazorla, but he didn't enjoy the same cult status the likes of van Persie, Cesc, Ozil, etc. did at Arsenal. One incident about Kosc wanting to leave and people are on his neck already.

Whatever be the reason, we don't treat our ex-players well, especially the world class players who've done so much for Arsenal during this lean phase. Perhaps it's time we looked elsewhere instead of hating our own players.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:07 am

Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:

None of those players are respected/loved/adored here at Arsenal. That's the point. If we had to make a list of our best players of the Emirates era, it'd probably be van Persie, Cesc, Ozil, Alexis, Sagna, Rosicky, Arshavin, Santi, Nasri, Koscielny, Monreal, Hleb, and Adebayor.

Most of them are still loved and respected. You cant really expect that the respect or love does not decrease if you leave to man f***ing united, or end up playing for tottenham.

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:33 am

Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Most of them are still loved and respected. You cant really expect that the respect or love does not decrease if you leave to man f***ing united, or end up playing for tottenham.

Spot on, judas is the name that springs to mind and you can put Kos in with that lot now. Most cases its not the leaving its HOW they leave.
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:38 am

Love Rosicky. Still love Cesc. These two are my favourite Emirates era players. I can look back at RVP with fond memories but still a bit bitter over his behaviour at Utd after he left us. No hard feelings towards Sagna. Still love Merts despite many not rating him highly but I thought he was a real leader and helped organise the defence. Would welcome Szczęsny back any day. Nasri can piss off. Ade can piss off. Gallas can piss off. Hleb can piss off. I’m one of the few that likes Theo Walcott. No hard feelings for Ramsey. Same for Sanchez….
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Jedi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:48 am

Angelito wrote:

The difference is all those other players you mentioned left for rival teams. Ozil is getting stick because he's not good enough. Still love Sanchez and in his prime for us he was 5 times the player Ozil ever was. Frankly , only players i really dislike from that list are Adebayor and Nasri

RVP broke our hearts but I've moved on.

There are people who hate Fabregas and Sagna? Lol.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ESR10 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 am

If we sold Kos, Bielik and Mustafi this summer, we surely would buy another CB. Dreams could come true
ESR10
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner
Predictions League 2018-19 Winner

Postby coolaa » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:46 am

Should let Koscielny leave, and give the chance to youngsters like Mavropanos or Medley.

Kosicelny has past his peak and deteriorate quickly. no height, no pace, no physical strength.
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:04 am

Some bollox about past players written here. The RVP hate is bollox! Its well publicised news that Fergie rang Wenger to enquire about RVP and Wenger surprisingly said RVP was available. RVP wasn't hawking for a move to Man U, Wenger the genius made that decision and RVP went. So your anger should be at Wenger not RVP.

People too f***ing simple to understand that!!

Cesc came to Arsenal as a 16 year old kid, almost 10 years later decided he had a desire to return to his hometown club. More people too f***ing simple to understand a desire to go home.

And don't give me that "its because he went to Chelsea" bollox, he was hated when he went to Barca.

Nasri left because he wanted to see what investment in the squad Wenger made before deciding whether or not to extend his stay. Wenger signed a bag of foolishness so Nasri left, thats hardly Nasri's fault. Again, people too simple to understand that.

Adebayor brought the hate onto himself, Sagna did nothing wrong, he was beginning to show signs of decline when he left us anyway and Sanchez is a greedy prick who jumps from club to club anyway.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:39 am

theHotHead wrote:Some bollox about past players written here. The RVP hate is bollox! Its well publicised news that Fergie rang Wenger to enquire about RVP and Wenger surprisingly said RVP was available. RVP wasn't hawking for a move to Man U, Wenger the genius made that decision and RVP went. So your anger should be at Wenger not RVP.

People too f***ing simple to understand that!!

Cesc came to Arsenal as a 16 year old kid, almost 10 years later decided he had a desire to return to his hometown club. More people too f***ing simple to understand a desire to go home.

And don't give me that "its because he went to Chelsea" bollox, he was hated when he went to Barca.

Nasri left because he wanted to see what investment in the squad Wenger made before deciding whether or not to extend his stay. Wenger signed a bag of foolishness so Nasri left, thats hardly Nasri's fault. Again, people too simple to understand that.

Adebayor brought the hate onto himself, Sagna did nothing wrong, he was beginning to show signs of decline when he left us anyway and Sanchez is a greedy prick who jumps from club to club anyway.

Not that I disagree, but just a few things:

Regarding van Persie, Juve had lodged a £15m bid for him, which van Persie turned down in favor of joining SAF at ManU. SAF did personally call Wenger over the transfer and we sold to ManU because they agreed to offer the highest transfer fee out of all clubs for van Persie. van Persie did have a chance to join Conte at Juve. But he wanted to win the Prem.

Mind you, I don't begrudge him for joining ManU. He was 29 and he just had the greatest season by a Gunner during the Wenger era. So, he was justified to leave. I can, however, understand why people would be bitter over the fact that he chose ManU, our long-time rivals, over Juve.

Cesc was a strange case because the transfer saga circled around him for nearly 2 seasons. He also sulked on the pitch, whilst putting on a Barca top when he was still a Gunner. Cesc's departure also had a domino effect. If Cesc hadn't left, Nasri would have stayed. And, we'd still have van Persie, Cesc, and Nasri with us on top of Rosicky. What made matters worse was how Cesc flopped at Barca and joined Chelsea later on. If there's anyone we need to begrudge, it's Cesc. He was 24 when he left. It wasn't like van Persie who had one last shot at the title. It wasn't like Adebayor who was basically a mercenary. Plus, Cesc was already winning trophies with Spain. Only 3-4 players at the time had a legit claim to going down as an Arsenal legend: van Persie, Rosicky, Sagna, and Cesc. Cesc had the strongest claim. I don't begrudge Cesc for leaving but he left because he wanted to play with Messi and Co. Not because he wanted to return home.

Nasri doesn't owe Arsenal anything unlike van Persie or Cesc, so I don't understand fans getting emotional over his departure. Nasri left because he received £180k in wages at City at THAT time and was guaranteed to be a wheel in a potentially title-winning side. He had the option to become the star at Arsenal. He chose to be one of wheels at City and subsequently, his career went downhill. He's amongst those who couldn't excel elsewhere or reach that level of individual greatness after leaving Arsenal.

It's the same for Cesc. It's the same for Hleb. Only Cole and van Persie reached the same heights, with Cole winning multiple titles and van Persie single-handedly firing ManU to the title. Henry too succeeded but not as significantly as Cole or van Persie who were nearly the most important members of the squad.

The likes of Sagna and Koscielny don't deserve criticism. Sagna is comfortably one of our best players ever and remained a rock at the back for many years. He left on free after giving us his prime years. As for Koscielny, whilst he's not at Sagna's level, he has served us impeccably over the years. No point getting bitter over Koscielny wanting to leave.

Lastly, Alexis is arguably the most impactful player for us of the Emirates era—and perhaps the 2nd best player we've had in the same timeframe. He's not greedy. He just wants to win and he's a serial winner. He's part of Chile's golden generation and has the mindset of a champion. He wanted to leave Arsenal because he didn't see us winning the title. Unfortunately for him, he'd given it his all in the spectacular 16/17—almost single-handedly—keeping us in contention and helping us win the FA Cup. After that, it seems his style had taken a toll on him and he's no longer the world class player he had been since his time at Udinese.

I find it sad that Gooners shit on their own players, especially world class players we've had. They left because they wanted to win titles. Today, we have nobody in the squad as good as prime van Persie, Alexis, Sagna, Cesc, or Rosicky. Ozil isn't the same player anymore. Auba and Laca aren't at that level.

I feel we should appreciate those great players for the memories. I still fondly remember Nasri's dancing feet against Fulham, even if I don't like him. Or, the way van Persie celebrated after that penalty against Liverpool, or Alexis' celebration after scoring that goal against City in his debut season, or Cesc scoring that penalty with a broken leg; Arshaaaaaaaaavin, or Rosicky touching the ball every time.. :D

And, it wasn't Wenger's fault either. You can say it's his fault from 13/14 onwards but not before that. We simply didn't have the money and when we finally could loose the purse strings, Wenger was past it.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club