Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: When will Koscielny start getting stick?

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 am

Zedie wrote:
Sims wrote:Tbf Hazard should've been brought down earlier but it would've been better to let him go through and force him on his left rather than stick a leg out.

Agreed. In hindsight, it just wasnt worth the risk. Personally, i still think Gibbs could have gotten half a challenge in, plus the angle would have been shitter from the left if he had gotten through.

LOL, I knew it'd be someone else's fault!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:38 am

Szczesny is another one of those overrated Arsenal players, btw. We have a team that looks great on paper, but is poor on the pitch.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:46 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Sims wrote:Tbf Hazard should've been brought down earlier but it would've been better to let him go through and force him on his left rather than stick a leg out.

Agreed. In hindsight, it just wasnt worth the risk. Personally, i still think Gibbs could have gotten half a challenge in, plus the angle would have been shitter from the left if he had gotten through.

LOL, I knew it'd be someone else's fault!

As in Gibbs was covering being the reason for not getting a red. How else did you think I meant it?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby yadunoe » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Hazard is magical ,for me he is the player I feel is the closest to stepping up to messi ronaldo level . his ability to switch directions at pace and beat players is amazing if he can add goals to his game he will rip this league apart. If wenger had the money he does now when hazard was available i have no doubt he would pay whatever it takes to get him wenger really like hazard a lot .
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jmiles10 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

he had the money to get hazard. We bough ozil only a year later.
jmiles10
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maradonna » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:29 pm

jmiles10 wrote:he had the money to get hazard. We bough ozil only a year later.

lol, we cant compete with chelsea for a player.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:

We were linked with him for years before they even sniffed at him, we could've got him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Mesüt wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

We were linked with him for years before they even sniffed at him, we could've got him.

This

He's the one we should have got from the title winning Lille side. Instead we got Gervinho.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:50 pm

Cripps wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

This

He's the one we should have got from the title winning Lille side. Instead we got Gervinho.

Hazard could easily have been shit under Wenger. Look at Ozil now vs. Ozil at Real, or Gervinho at Roma vs. Gerv at Arsenal. They're playing like completely different people.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby highburytimes » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Koscielny is a very good defender, and I think it's unfair to single him out. He needs more protection from our midfield (which he doesn't get) and he's generally the one making the last ditch tackles since Per doesn't have the recovery speed. So even though he does commit these fouls, it's because at times he doesn't have any other option. Once we start defending better as a team, Koscielny and Szczęsny won't be in the spotlight as much.
highburytimes
Liam Brady

Postby CukiZeGerman » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Neither Kos nor Mert were in the starting XI's for their respective national teams.

Mert was like the 3rd or 4th fiddle on the German NT, and the situation with Kos was the same.

We are just overhyping both of them.
Hold the doooooor
CukiZeGerman
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby decgooner » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:17 pm

aniym wrote:
Cripps wrote:
Mesüt wrote:
Maradonaitis wrote:

This

Hazard could easily have been shit under Wenger. Look at Ozil now vs. Ozil at Real, or Gervinho at Roma vs. Gerv at Arsenal. They're playing like completely different people.
decgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:38 pm

not saying kos is overrated or that kos is bad but i just want to point out again that had mertesacker done the same for chelseas to goals people would be blasting him saying he always requires kos to save him and saying all sorts of nonesense.

I do think both chelseas goals were kos' fault.

For the hazard penalty he left himself far to square and hazard could have gone both ways and gone past him.

For costas goal he started dropping far too early and it destroyed our offside line. I do also think flamini should have done more as well. He again left a huge space infront of our defenders which meant that hazard could exploit it on the first. On the second he wasnt marking cesc which baffles me as he was doing absolutely nothing and allowed cesc to pick the ball up turn and play a ball. We had other players including welbeck who were busting a gut to prevent this, they shouldnt have needed to do so cesc should have been marked by our dm. He was in an am position and our dm was sleeping again.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maradonna » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:not saying kos is overrated or that kos is bad but i just want to point out again that had mertesacker done the same for chelseas to goals people would be blasting him saying he always requires kos to save him and saying all sorts of nonesense.

For the hazard penalty he left himself far to square and hazard could have gone both ways and gone past him.

For costas goal he started dropping far too early and it destroyed our offside line. I do also think flamini should have done more as well. He again left a huge space infront of our defenders which meant that hazard could exploit it on the first. On the second he wasnt marking cesc which baffles me as he was doing absolutely nothing and allowed cesc to pick the ball up turn and play a ball. We had other players including welbeck who were busting a gut to prevent this, they shouldnt have needed to do so cesc should have been marked by our dm. He was in an am position and our dm was sleeping again.

the second goal was partially his fault.
the first one, not at all.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:not saying kos is overrated or that kos is bad but i just want to point out again that had mertesacker done the same for chelseas to goals people would be blasting him saying he always requires kos to save him and saying all sorts of nonesense.

the second goal was partially his fault.
the first one, not at all.

i just dont think giving away a penalty like that can be seen as not his fault at all. Even if it's good play by hazard a defender should never go in for a tackle like that in the penalty area.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club