Laurent Koscielny ~ Lolo

Post any questions you have relating to the history of Arsenal—or read all about your beloved club.

Re: Laurent Koscielny (6)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:48 pm

I see this as emery/board being strong, not weak. Years gone by it'd be all cloak and dagger rubbish with it looking like the player is hard done by and Wenger making excuses for the player and the situation.

Players now now that if they f us about then they'll get called on it!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:From what I know about the story so far, the club has definitely handled this the wrong way. Koscielny’s actions are at least understandable.

What have you heard to come to that conclusion?

So far:

*Koscielny's unhappy with the most recent contract that was offered to him
*Koscielny responded by not going on tour with the rest of the team
*The club released a public statement condemning Koscielny's actions

Why is that acceptable for a player? A captain? How are the club in the wrong for this?

I said Koscielny’s actions are understandable but that doesn’t mean I think his actions are right. From the club’s perspective, what do they gain from doing what they did? Imo, I don’t think they took the right course of action here.

Ornstein made a good point about this. They are in a lose lose. They had to release the American tour squad and they found have lied about this and kept it in house but this would have leaked to the press and they still end up looking weak and foolish.

We ask for more clarity, communication and clarity and that's what's just happened. The players need to held accountable and whilst we all have this illusion of them being professional, maybe they are the type to down tools when they feel like it. We have seen the poor performances and attitude on the pitch and maybe sort of thing is regular and they're trying to root it out. Kos is supposed to captain and supposed to set an example. I'm not focused on what the club could have down to make him act this way, I'm wondering why he feels it's acceptable when he's club captain.

We shouldn't cover for this sort of behaviour because Kos has already disrupted our summer transfer plans and set a poor example to his teammates. The damage has been done and we can't have players throwing their toys out the pram over contract disputes.

They should have taken that gamble because Arsenal are usually good at keeping secrets. There are times to be transparent and there are times not to be, a sentiment that, imo, probably should have been given more thought considering that we are in an important transfer window.

Have does a statement effect our transfer window? Think about it. Then think about how this really effects the squad and our transfer plans considering we wanted to sell Mustafi and Chambers . Holding isn't fit yet and there are concerns about Mavs development. They're supposed to let Kos walk on a free considering our circumstances? Put the club first for a second.

If Koscielny ultimately ends up leaving then we would most certainly get less for him than what we could have gotten had the statement not been made. If he stays then we’ll be left with an unhappy player regardless of whether the statement was made or not. The public statement at the time it was made served no purpose the way I see it.

We don't want to sell him and he's demanding a free transfer. A free transfer! The transfer fee isn't important because we'd have gotten peanuts for him and left with another massive hole in our defence. He's probably worth less than £8m. He's on his last year of his contract and just come back from a major injury. Despite being old and passed his best, we need back up options because it's a long season and especially with the Europa League to think about.

So do we keep him and risk

1: him refusing to play;
2: paying the wages of a player who probably won’t contribute anything of note if he’s serious about his stance; and
3: him unsettling the rest of the squad?

What happened to not letting another player walk out for free because that looks exactly like what’s going to happen here.

You're not making any sense.

1. As club captain and 'model professional' he should honour his contract regardless of how talks breakdown. Plenty of others have managed to do it without going on strike. And no way should his reputation be protected if does throw his toys out the pram so the club can continue looking bad but Kos walks away looking like the good guy.

2. See the above.

3. See point 1 again.

Kos refusing to train and come on tour forces our hand where we can't keep him and he's already disrupted the club. There was more value in keeping him for one more year than selling him.

Your last statement pretty much points at what I’m getting at. If the club caves and let’s Koscielny go then they basically shot themselves in the foot with their statement. On the other hand, keeping Koscielny comes with some consequences one of which sees Koscielny walking away for free something the current administration have already said they don’t want to see again.

So in short, they would have been better off not making the statement when they did which was pretty much my main point
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 pm

Zanatos3 wrote:Headline : Laurent Koscielny: The Reasons Why Arsenal Skipper Is Looking to Leave North London
Writer:Sam Brookes

Pure Speculation from David Ornstein, BBC Reporter, so if you don't value his insight then don;t worry about this.

[url]https://www.90min.com/posts/6409808-laurent-koscielny-the-reasons-why-arsenal-skipper-is-looking-to-leave-north-london?view_source=teams_page&view_medium=[arsenal][/url]

Soliloquie -

" However, BBC Sport journalist David Ornstein claims that it is not just a desire to return to his homeland that caused Koscielny's no-show. "

"Arsenal have signed just one player so far during the transfer window, the 18-year-old Brazilian Gabriel Martinelli. This has left Koscielny questioning the club's ambition, as they prepare for their third straight year in the Europa League next season. "

"The 33-year-old is also said to be frustrated by the way he was rushed back in to action last season following a long-term achilles injury. Koscielny was forced to miss France's triumphant World Cup campaign in 2018 with the issue, but was brought back in to the Arsenal side in December 2018 after a swift recovery."

"Yet he played twice in three days upon his return, a feat that he was asked to do a further five times in the remainder of the season due to Arsenal's lack of defensive options. The experienced defender is believed to feel that this was an unnecessary risk, leading to further friction between himself and the manager."

Remember...David Ornstein Speculation, no official statement for Kos but watching games throughout this season we have some pieces of this puzzle.

When questioned on the matter, kronke explained that we had enough linebackers to cope with the coming season and komcheny should think about his rebounding stats for last year instead of how he chooses to spend his money.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:55 pm

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:From what I know about the story so far, the club has definitely handled this the wrong way. Koscielny’s actions are at least understandable.

So far:

Why is that acceptable for a player? A captain? How are the club in the wrong for this?

I said Koscielny’s actions are understandable but that doesn’t mean I think his actions are right. From the club’s perspective, what do they gain from doing what they did? Imo, I don’t think they took the right course of action here.

Ornstein made a good point about this. They are in a lose lose. They had to release the American tour squad and they found have lied about this and kept it in house but this would have leaked to the press and they still end up looking weak and foolish.

We ask for more clarity, communication and clarity and that's what's just happened. The players need to held accountable and whilst we all have this illusion of them being professional, maybe they are the type to down tools when they feel like it. We have seen the poor performances and attitude on the pitch and maybe sort of thing is regular and they're trying to root it out. Kos is supposed to captain and supposed to set an example. I'm not focused on what the club could have down to make him act this way, I'm wondering why he feels it's acceptable when he's club captain.

We shouldn't cover for this sort of behaviour because Kos has already disrupted our summer transfer plans and set a poor example to his teammates. The damage has been done and we can't have players throwing their toys out the pram over contract disputes.

They should have taken that gamble because Arsenal are usually good at keeping secrets. There are times to be transparent and there are times not to be, a sentiment that, imo, probably should have been given more thought considering that we are in an important transfer window.

Have does a statement effect our transfer window? Think about it. Then think about how this really effects the squad and our transfer plans considering we wanted to sell Mustafi and Chambers . Holding isn't fit yet and there are concerns about Mavs development. They're supposed to let Kos walk on a free considering our circumstances? Put the club first for a second.

If Koscielny ultimately ends up leaving then we would most certainly get less for him than what we could have gotten had the statement not been made. If he stays then we’ll be left with an unhappy player regardless of whether the statement was made or not. The public statement at the time it was made served no purpose the way I see it.

We don't want to sell him and he's demanding a free transfer. A free transfer! The transfer fee isn't important because we'd have gotten peanuts for him and left with another massive hole in our defence. He's probably worth less than £8m. He's on his last year of his contract and just come back from a major injury. Despite being old and passed his best, we need back up options because it's a long season and especially with the Europa League to think about.

2: paying the wages of a player who probably won’t contribute anything of note if he’s serious about his stance; and

What happened to not letting another player walk out for free because that looks exactly like what’s going to happen here.

1. As club captain and 'model professional' he should honour his contract regardless of how talks breakdown. Plenty of others have managed to do it without going on strike. And no way should his reputation be protected if does throw his toys out the pram so the club can continue looking bad but Kos walks away looking like the good guy.

2. See the above.

3. See point 1 again.

Kos refusing to train and come on tour forces our hand where we can't keep him and he's already disrupted the club. There was more value in keeping him for one more year than selling him.

Your last statement pretty much points at what I’m getting at. If the club caves and let’s Koscielny go then they basically shot themselves in the foot with their statement. On the other hand, keeping Koscielny comes with some consequences one of which sees Koscielny walking away for free something the current administration have already said they don’t want to see again.

So in short, they would have been better off not making the statement when they did which was pretty much my main point

You're not getting at any particular point. You're grasping at straws for each point all for the purpose of pinning the blame on the club. In fact, the anti Arsenal sentiment is so strong on here that regardless of how the club acted you'd have place the blame on them regardless.

Just a minute ago you were talking abut this statement effecting Kos's resale value and I had to point out that a player of his age doesn't have a great resale value. Then you made those 3 points about it being pointless keeping Kos if he's unhappy, disruptive to the squad and also a bit part player picking up a salary for nothing and ends up leaving for free. You're now doubling back and arguing that the club have shot themselves in the foot because they now can't keep him after the statement and claiming this was your point all along. No it wasn't. You're freestyling. Your points aren't consistent.

To be clear, the club would have wanted to keep him before the tantrum considering our circumstances but since he won't train and won't travel, they'll either choose to sell him or let him rot in the reserves until he fixes his attitude, eats some humble pie and maybe makes a public apology. It's an inconvenience but we'll figure it out.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

So far:

2. See the above.

3. See point 1 again.

You're not getting at any particular point. You're grasping at straws for each point all for the purpose of pinning the blame on the club. In fact, the anti Arsenal sentiment is so strong on here that regardless of how the club acted you'd have place the blame on them regardless.

Just a minute ago you were talking abut this statement effecting Kos's resale value and I had to point out that a player of his age doesn't have a great resale value. Then you made those 3 points about it being pointless keeping Kos if he's unhappy, disruptive to the squad and also a bit part player picking up a salary for nothing and ends up leaving for free. You're now doubling back and arguing that the club have shot themselves in the foot because they now can't keep him after the statement and claiming this was your point all along. No it wasn't. You're freestyling. Your points aren't consistent.

To be clear, the club would have wanted to keep him before the tantrum considering our circumstances but since he won't train and won't travel, they'll either choose to sell him or let him rot in the reserves until he fixes his attitude, eats some humble pie and maybe makes a public apology. It's an inconvenience but we'll figure it out.

Please go back and read my first post regarding this issue. You will find that my point has not changed
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Losmeister » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:29 pm

""Yet he played twice in three days upon his return, a feat that he was asked to do a further five times in the remainder of the season due to Arsenal's lack of defensive options. The experienced defender is believed to feel that this was an unnecessary risk, leading to further friction between himself and the manager.""

that might make me wanna breach my contract too.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Kos overperformed last year and will be a disaster as starting CB if he stays. he will definitely get injured again and miss the majority of the season while still picking up a paycheque. just let him go for £5m ffs.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Interest: waning » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:25 pm

This prick should thank his stars he ever set foot in the Emirates.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Interest: waning » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Loser who let Griezmann score out of nothing. F*cking loser.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Sims » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Losmeister wrote:""Yet he played twice in three days upon his return, a feat that he was asked to do a further five times in the remainder of the season due to Arsenal's lack of defensive options. The experienced defender is believed to feel that this was an unnecessary risk, leading to further friction between himself and the manager.""

that might make me wanna breach my contract too.

Comes back from serious Achilles injury which could’ve potentially ended his career
His comeback is 2 matches in 3 days

Couldn’t be more Arsenal if it tried
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 pm

It’s very obvious what’s happened. Clubs summer transfer strategy has collapsed. So they’re forcing a player with one foot out the door to stay and make up the numbers. Pathetic.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Zanatos3 wrote:At ManU Young & Valencia,Captains, GONE
at City Vincent Company (Captain), GONE
All of Kos age & Ilk
All club Captains & Mountains of Men,
but all OLD..

diff is Arsenal have low standards set by Kronke, so ManU&ManCity say Goodbye to them at SEASON END,the START of the transfer widow,

Where as Kos has to Remove himself to FORCE Arsenal to get a younger CB, he knows he's not EPL Top6 Quality anymore,

It takes a man to admit it, but Arsenal have too many Weak minded Board members, & Owner.
Looking to Shackle him soon (34yrs) to be Along with Monreal
[Litchstieners in the making, Arsenal Care not if they Burn out on the Field...using these Veterans as SPARE PARTS...Thats Disrespectful]

, where as Liverpool has Teenagers winning the UCL against Barca & the (insert POO EMOJI) UP the road.....

or - Kos is a self serving prick who rather than act like a professional has acted like a complete c*** to the club that has stood by him -

Your own examples show just what a true professional would have done -

Young 34 - signs a one year contract extension Feb 2019 - gives Man Utd a transfer value for a club legend who otherwise could have walked away for free in June
Valencia 33 - released by Man Utd after completing the final year of his contract
Kompany 33 - released by City after completing the final year of his contract

That's how club legends behave ... they honour their contracts they do what's best for their clubs

I'm 100% behind the club making an example of this turncoat, making his last year at Arsenal an absolute misery, but that's only if we can't rid of this Judas for the money we deem appropriate ...
Last edited by EliteKiller on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby BS221B » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:40 pm

It is a shame that people believing in shady guy like Raul and his men over Arsenal icon like Koscienly.
BS221B
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby swipe right » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:12 am

The irony is he’s doing us a favor by leaving. We have only one starting center back in that Greek pubber. We need to buy another one. Not some teenager who well loan back and won’t be ready for another five seasons. We need to use the wages LK frees up and the transfer funds from the sale of Mus and Chambers to buy a decent starting CB. Instead we are exhausting ourselves fighting to keep a guy we will never be able to start.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:51 am

BS221B wrote:It is a shame that people believing in shady guy like Raul and his men over Arsenal icon like Koscienly.

Yeah because supporting a player over the club always works out so well - Cesc RvP, Ramsey to name but three of the so many who've cost the club a fortune by putting self before team ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to The History Of Arsenal Football Club