Sokratis Papastathopoulos

All football talk from anywhere except The UK. Includes Champions League, Europa Cup, transfer news and general World Football chat.

Re: Sokratis Papastathopoulos (5)

Postby themessiah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:38 pm

The whole back four have been shocking walai
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Revelation of the season for me. I know a lot of people wrote him off as being past his prime when he arrived here, but he's easily shown he's our best defender atm. While he had a poor showing against Wolves, I liked his response afterwords...

Papastathopoulos wrote:All the players take responsibility. We are not stupid. We know that we didn’t play good. It is not the problem of the coach, the system, it is nothing. It is just us. This was a bad moment for us. It is not time to have excuses. We have to look forward: three games more. We need to win all the games and get nine points and we’ll see if we can be in the top four.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zenith » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:21 am

Beast of a player, we need more of his type not pussies.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 am

If he gets injured we're screwed.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:34 am

Tony_Adams wrote:If he gets injured we're screwed.

Weird thing to say after he had one of his usual braindead moments tonight.
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Jase89 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 am

Godlop wrote:

I wouldn't totally agree with that. If that was a prem game he would have been given a caution rather than a second yellow. Would you rather we had defenders that were scared to put in a decent challenge? Got Mustafi for that
Jase89
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby mel4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:50 am

Lol.. I do say that he is chasing the record of the most second yellow cards record for arsenal. Maybe starman cannhelp us out here. I don't remember us having a player who irresponsibly is on looking for that second yellow card in less than 10 minutes or so.
Yes he makes some brash challenges that he gets away with, but is a second yellow card danger. I think Kos is past it, but in a must win game in cup competitions, I will rather not start this f***er.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zanatos3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:58 am

Nuggets wrote:Beast of a player, we need more of his type not pussies.

Hell yeah,

Heard the Commentator say,

"Sokratis is KILLING it at the back for Arsenal!
How many times have you had to say that in terms of Arsenal!"
:arse fan:

He doesn;t directly assist goals...EVER.

If under Pressure, he puts it OUT..Safe, proper defender,

The red card is a small set back, he doesn;t have 10 yellows like Xhaka had for the last two seasons.

& Better to take out the Threat on goal before the penalty area, than let the enemy reach unscaved!

He's Fit! he's UnInjured & Ready for the Season as our best Defender. I hope our Captain too!

[Anyone Notice AGAIN Mustafi IS FIT & wasn't in the 1st team for 1) the UEL Final 2) this Real Madrid match, possible the highest quality team we'd face & match we'd play till net season. also when we made changes, Brought down to 10 men, Real brings off a striker & adds a defender, but Emery doesn't do that with us, cuase if you bring on Mustafi, you ADD goals for the opponent, so he kept Chambers & Youths, & Everyone did well, in the best match we'll play for a while, without Mustafi. I hope we still have a chance to SELL him in this window! Clearly he's not intentionally in Emery's plans, which is Smart]
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zanatos3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:05 am

Center Back Partnership 2019-20...Once The Injury Prone Succumb, Because we didn't Buy a CB, or a Quality 1 in this Window.

Center Back Partnership 2019-20...Once The Injury Prone Succumb, Becuase we didn't Buy a CB, or a Qual1.jpg

I'm Glad he's not injured, Thats 1 Quality CB we have for next Season, we should get 1 more in case Holding relapses,
(Mavrapanos in doubt also, he missed practically ALL of last season)

If holding wasn't fit for this match, the early rigors of the EPL season especial the Christmas game rush, would be really taking on his injury recovery,
we should plan to get a Proper CB repalacement for Captain Kos IN THIS WINDOW, otherwise,

Its last Season all over again with Sokratis mopping up Mustafi's Errors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:19 am

the guy is brain dead we are two goals up playing ten men its the first f***ing half and he gets sent off, what a fucktard

sorry for the bad language but you must be joking. Adams was hard played on a knife edge but he knew how to play the score board and did what was needed at any time. he didn't go about getting needlessly sent off and throwing away games like this waste of space, he needs to be lined up and f***ing read his pedigree does this far too often he is probably worse than mustafi at least he finishes games
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yago » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:55 am

He is a bit dim. Still our best defender, but that's not saying much.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Zanatos3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:59 am

Jase89 wrote:
Godlop wrote:

I wouldn't totally agree with that. If that was a prem game he would have been given a caution rather than a second yellow. Would you rather we had defenders that were scared to put in a decent challenge? Got Mustafi for that

Yup, thats was in the EPL a Body Block of the Ball on a 50-50 Challenge,

He made sure to do it JUST OUTSIDE the Penalty Box, Thus a goal nor a Penalty didn't Directly result from his error, so he still protected his keeper.

thats a RARE incident & accumilation of cards for Sokri from his own faults.

He spent all of last season Making recovery tackles for MUSTAFI's errors & All of Last season.

This time with Chambers it was a little better but still not Captain Kos level of Partnership, nor Rob Holding, who clearly wasn;t risked yet, becuase of potential injury relapse,

So it stands that thankfully even after match. we have 1 FIT Quality CB, Main defender in Sokratis for this season.

[ Notice that MUSTAFI is 100% FIT & Absent form the starting 11 for this High quality match, Hazards 1st for Real & in the Starting 11, yet Mustafi is not in the CB paring, as was done for Safety in the UEL Final hewas also Absent from the 11, Because Emery KNOWS....Musti is not top quality so in the most Important & Crucial & Best Matches for Arsenal, you won't see him if there are ANY OTHER OPTIONS available.

Real went down to 10, brought on Quality CB Varane, we went down to 10, didn't bring on Mustafi, cause thats effectively going down to 9 !]

Long story Short Arsenal SUPPOSED to bring in a CB & a LB in THIS WINDOW.

If they don't, then I hope Chambers will be a capable partner to Skratis as a CB pairing for the most DIFFICULT & Quality matches!

Well use Mustafi in the LEAST QUALITY matches to rotate if any matches at all, & sell him on in January,

Were not letting os go for Free so were most def not letting 28 yr old Musti go for Free, but Go for Sure!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby mel4 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:32 am

Did similar thing against Rennes in Europa while were 1-0 up against Rennes. Man has egg shells for a brain

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ive-score/

Did the same thing while with Dortmund and got 2 yellows for complaining
https://www.supersport.com/football/ger ... r_red_card

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:19 am

I meant hard players not fooking idiots :hiding:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to World Football