Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 am

theHotHead wrote:Zedie if there is a RB in the U21s and he isn't better than AMN in the role you better sack the entire recruitment and development team because they are f***ing shit!!

There must be one, the manager is just being a div.


Yeah, its easy to blame everything on the manager when your argument is flawed. You guys will be using this for the next 2-3 managers after Emery and still not acknowledge the root of the problem.

We got rid of mislinstat who was an expert at spotting young talent and we dont have the budget to even get in top level prospects when our first team is severely lacking in many areas.

If youngsters dont develop into world beaters that's life and you've got to deal with it.

Demanding that all our youngsters are better than the first team is simply not realistic.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:05 pm

Sims wrote:We loaned our only RB prospect out to Bochum

Dontae-Campbell also left the club

So who did we play at RB in the U21 games? And why loan our RB if we are in desperate need of one? Strange decision(s) by the club.
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Sims » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Sims wrote:We loaned our only RB prospect out to Bochum

Dontae-Campbell also left the club

So who did we play at RB in the U21 games? And why loan our RB if we are in desperate need of one? Strange decision(s) by the club.


Jordi Osei-Tutu, who’s now on loan at Bochum
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30377
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Zedie if there is a RB in the U21s and he isn't better than AMN in the role you better sack the entire recruitment and development team because they are f***ing shit!!

There must be one, the manager is just being a div.


Yeah, its easy to blame everything on the manager when your argument is flawed. You guys will be using this for the next 2-3 managers after Emery and still not acknowledge the root of the problem.

We got rid of mislinstat who was an expert at spotting young talent and we dont have the budget to even get in top level prospects when our first team is severely lacking in many areas.

If youngsters dont develop into world beaters that's life and you've got to deal with it.

Demanding that all our youngsters are better than the first team is simply not realistic.

Mate do you know anything about how players progress into the first team? It seems not. So let me explain how it works.

Kid signs schoolboy forms, usually the kid plays in a fixed position, most of the time it is the same position the kid played in the school team and then most likely borough team and then most likely county team. Some players do get converted, for example Ashley Cole used to play up front for his school and I believe for Westward Boys, he was converted to a left back.

In any case from age 11 or so kids play a position and get coached by their pro clubs, then move up to the old "apprentice" level which is youth team footie. Then if they are good enough 2 years later they get offered a pro contract. By this time (16/17 years old) they have been playing that position for a good 5-6 years. They continue their development in what we used to call reserve team football, now I think it is called the U21s.

If you have ever followed them - I have, I have known various Arsenal reserve team footballers, 2 of which were Paolo Vernazza and Isiah Rankin - you would know that they are very good footballers knocking on the door of the first team in the positions they play. That is the purpose of the reserve team.

So even an average RB in the ressies would be better as an RB in the first team than a first team CM asked to play RB by the manager who looks out of place doing so. AMN looks mostly very bad as a RB, there is no way he is better than the Arsenal U21 RB.

Different argument altogether if as Sims says we loaned ours out, but then you have to question that decision.
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Zedie if there is a RB in the U21s and he isn't better than AMN in the role you better sack the entire recruitment and development team because they are f***ing shit!!

There must be one, the manager is just being a div.


Yeah, its easy to blame everything on the manager when your argument is flawed. You guys will be using this for the next 2-3 managers after Emery and still not acknowledge the root of the problem.

We got rid of mislinstat who was an expert at spotting young talent and we dont have the budget to even get in top level prospects when our first team is severely lacking in many areas.

If youngsters dont develop into world beaters that's life and you've got to deal with it.

Demanding that all our youngsters are better than the first team is simply not realistic.

Mate do you know anything about how players progress into the first team? It seems not. So let me explain how it works.

Kid signs schoolboy forms, usually the kid plays in a fixed position, most of the time it is the same position the kid played in the school team and then most likely borough team and then most likely county team. Some players do get converted, for example Ashley Cole used to play up front for his school and I believe for Westward Boys, he was converted to a left back.

In any case from age 11 or so kids play a position and get coached by their pro clubs, then move up to the old "apprentice" level which is youth team footie. Then if they are good enough 2 years later they get offered a pro contract. By this time (16/17 years old) they have been playing that position for a good 5-6 years. They continue their development in what we used to call reserve team football, now I think it is called the U21s.

If you have ever followed them - I have, I have known various Arsenal reserve team footballers, 2 of which were Paolo Vernazza and Isiah Rankin - you would know that they are very good footballers knocking on the door of the first team in the positions they play. That is the purpose of the reserve team.

So even an average RB in the ressies would be better as an RB in the first team than a first team CM asked to play RB by the manager who looks out of place doing so. AMN looks mostly very bad as a RB, there is no way he is better than the Arsenal U21 RB.

Different argument altogether if as Sims says we loaned ours out, but then you have to question that decision.


Yeah I know ballers too and I know the process.

Doesnt make a difference if the player coming through isnt good enough. We are talking about these youngsters going up against some of the best opposition in the world. Just because theyve played RB all their life, doesnt mean they are automatically good enough to start for arsenal.

Carl jenkinson is just one example in a sea of youngsters. The vast majority end up in the lower leagues. Every so often one or two make it big.

You think any of our 18 year olds are ready to step up and compete against the likes of sterling sane zaha etc? If they were, they wouldn't be out on loan and more people would know about him than just gooners who follow the youth teams.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:09 pm

You can't highlight coming up against the best of the best and falling short because that's not fair reasoning. Its not like our first choice RB Bellerin is any better against those opponents!
User avatar
theHotHead
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 7262
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby knowledge93 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:52 am

theHotHead wrote:You can't highlight coming up against the best of the best and falling short because that's not fair reasoning. Its not like our first choice RB Bellerin is any better against those opponents!


I think you're underestimating the jump from youth teams/reserves to the first in a top class league.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Nuggets » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:58 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
mel4 wrote:https://twitter.com/Khanh251/status/1151846321076260864?s=09

AMN as Coman's breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I am not gonna diss AMN for that, he is not a RB and should not be played as such. Its just pure fuckry from Emery and may very well strip AMN of his confidence.

Exact same thing Wenger did to Eboue!!

Surely the under 21s RB who plays the role every week has to be a better option than AMN. This is pure stupidity from Emery.


If he was hed be starting. Just like jenkinson. Maybe they're just not good enough and we need a better back up RB.

You dont want to spend money or haven't got the patience to train a player in that position you've made your own problem.

Blaming Emery for having to play AMN because theres no one else to step in and be good enough at RB etc. Is ridiculous. Is this teenage RB going to be good enough to deal with the Prems elite Left wingers?

This type of situation is exactly what I've been talking about and exactly what you've been arguing for lol


Well AMN is not coping with them either, FFS there must be another option.
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby mel4 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:04 pm

How come Unai is giving Burton and Olayinka games in midfield and still not considered if everyone keeps making excuses that he is a midfielder?
Last season Guendozi came in from lower french league and still got a chance in midfield before Bellerin was injured if I recall correctly..... and still no one considered AMN. Is he really a midfielder then or is he just riding that excuse to be poor as a LWB or LB?
...and no positions he has played in England youth teams do not count.


........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Zedie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:33 pm

It's really not hard. We dont have money for a back up RB so we are playing AMN because the youth just isnt ready and the alternative is mustafi.

Kronke wont release additional funds so we are stuck with this backline which is 2 injuries away from catastrophe.

This is what a 10 year plan looks like. This is what penny pinching looks like. Keep blaming managers or training or whatever for this problem but it doesnt change reality.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Tony Adams » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:17 pm

He's had some good games as a wing back.
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35699
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Zedie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 pm

theHotHead wrote:You can't highlight coming up against the best of the best and falling short because that's not fair reasoning. Its not like our first choice RB Bellerin is any better against those opponents!


He seemed to be doing fine during our 23 game unbeaten run. We seemed to struggle as soon as he was injured and we had no pace anywhere across the park for the remainder of the season.

I'd say hes better then most 18 year old academy graduates.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Zedie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:He's had some good games as a wing back.


Hes had some great games defensively but has also been complete trash. Hes learning the role and seesawing is to be expected imo.

We simply need to replace him with better but we have more pressing issues like positions where we dont even have a proper starter ie LB, 2 proper CBs out of 5 no properly dangerous WFs etc.

Bellerin will be back shortly so hell get less games, our other areas are much more pressing.
Image
User avatar
Zedie
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 33184
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby rewb1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:59 pm

The concentration levels of this guy are appalling. Weak attempt to stop the cross.
rewb1
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby gooney » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:40 pm

He was good once again. Only problem is he cant do this thing call defending. Outside of that good fullback
gooney
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 15131
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maryellenyx2 and 2 guests
cron