Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:53 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Looked good through the middle. Good to see we have another option.

Have to disagree.

Yes he can drive forward decent but again and again, look how he fked up that easy shot after doing all the hard work?

He also wasn't on the ball that much, Elneny was doing most of the work.

Plus Rapid Vienna was crumbling, against good opposition he'll look trash.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:06 pm

KG3 wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Looked good through the middle. Good to see we have another option.

Arteta will still play Joe Willock, when we have better players and talents like ESR

Maybe. But happy to see we're starting to look at different options in midfield. That just needs to translate into giving them chances in the league.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:26 am

Underrated in my opinion. Good player with a good attitude. We should play him more.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:39 am

More mobile than Xhaka. Bye, Granit.

Still wouldn't trust either as regular starters at CM in the PL though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:20 am

LMAO wrote:More mobile than Xhaka. Bye, Granit.

I’d play him with Partey instead of el nothanks or Xhaka.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:49 am

swipe right wrote:

I like Elneny. He's a solid player with a nonstop motor. Definitely would keep him around for depth.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:24 am

Not sure we watched the same game, left massive gaping holesin the middle, half the time I thought he was playing wide right.

Not Arsenal quality, time people accepted it.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:45 am

theHotHead wrote:

Not sure we watched the same game, left massive gaping holesin the middle, half the time I thought he was playing wide right.

Not Arsenal quality, time people accepted it.

We see a lot of things differently so no surprises here.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:48 am

LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

I like Elneny. He's a solid player with a nonstop motor. Definitely would keep him around for depth.

Elneny is a first team starter for me. He's been the most consistent and dependable. Arteta has to find a way to keep Xhaka out of the starting line up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:00 am

LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Can’t do anything other than recycle the ball. We need central midfielders who are able to start attacks, join the forwards and make things happen. That’s not him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 am

swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Can’t do anything other than recycle the ball. We need central midfielders who are able to start attacks, join the forwards and make things happen. That’s not him.

Right now we don't have those players available. Partey is the only one but he's injured and the closest one after that is AMN who isn't rated that highly and maybe Ceballos who isn't strong or quick.

What are our other options? A lot of the players we have can't even recycle the ball and make themselves available quick enough in order for us to pass quicker. Who do we start on Sunday?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Right now we don't have those players available. Partey is the only one but he's injured and the closest one after that is AMN who isn't rated that highly and maybe Ceballos who isn't strong or quick.

What are our other options? A lot of the players we have can't even recycle the ball and make themselves available quick enough in order for us to pass quicker. Who do we start on Sunday?

My point is when you play Partey, you don’t play el N. You play el N as a poorer substitute to Partey. When Partey is fit a double pivot of Partey and AMN would be interesting.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:19 pm

swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

My point is when you play Partey, you don’t play el N. You play el N as a poorer substitute to Partey. When Partey is fit a double pivot of Partey and AMN would be interesting.

Partey has more to his game than being a DM. He's not just a shield for a defence. He has the ability to make the runs AMN was making yesterday plus the passing and shooting ability. It worked great against Utd with Elneny and Partey.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby swipe right » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:26 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Partey has more to his game than being a DM. He's not just a shield for a defence. He has the ability to make the runs AMN was making yesterday plus the passing and shooting ability. It worked great against Utd with Elneny and Partey.

Yes. But we don’t need a defensive shield. This is nonsense. You can have two deep lying mids who alternatively get forward.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:45 pm

swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
LMAO wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Yes. But we don’t need a defensive shield. This is nonsense. You can have two deep lying mids who alternatively get forward.

I agree that we need players that are more than just a defensive shield. In an ideal world we'd have players that can alternate between attack and defence but we don't have that.

It's not nonsense because you must have seen what we look like with Xhaka, Ceballos and Willock. Those are are CM options outside of AMN and Elneny. Elneny has been more best CM this season by a wide margin and it's time to stop underrating his contribution.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football