Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby VCC » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:09 am

swipe right wrote:Can be a devastating right winger. Let’s bring in a RB and free him to play on the right wing in attack. He’s a great athlete and has a good attacking brain. Just not able to defend.

Lol did Pepe steal you Mrs or something, you cant be serious.and I am joking about ya Mrs but overkill on your rating of Pepe if you think you have seen enough to rate him higher ffs I would play Emery before Amn atm, his confidence is shot give the lad a chance let him regroup in the reserves or u23 and see where he is at
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:39 am

swipe right wrote:Can be a devastating right winger. Let’s bring in a RB and free him to play on the right wing in attack. He’s a great athlete and has a good attacking brain. Just not able to defend.

"devasting right winger" .............. :rofll: :rofll:

Devastatingly bad maybe.

In the last month alone AMN has been played at RB, RW, CM and today LWB.

.......... and he's about as shocking in every position to the next.

The guy is a B-tec level footballer, Everton wouldn't even have him, Wolves either.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Godlop » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 pm

AMN back in the team and immediately Arsenal returns to winning ways.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Haters like DG IN SHOCK!
عمود اضاءة
Godlop
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 pm

Good game from AMN. Only criticism is turning his back on that header. But he defended well for most the game and was good going forwards.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Godlop wrote:AMN back in the team and immediately Arsenal returns to winning ways.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Haters like DG IN SHOCK!

............................. :rofll:

When it comes to AMN I've won this argument more times than Id of liked.

Did he assist, did he score? no, he was just a body at RB ............. back to the position he's relegated to after his CM and Winger masterclass you clowns said he should be playing.

He played CM then he got benched for 2 months lol, that's how bad he was.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:51 pm

He did okay today tbf, didn’t really have much to defend against from Felipe tho
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:22 am

AMN at RB? No. Never. Nein.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm

He gained some confidence when the rest of the team did and had some good moments offensively. Linked up well with Pepe a few times. Their speed on the wing can be deadly.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:16 pm

StLGooner wrote:He gained some confidence when the rest of the team did and had some good moments offensively. Linked up well with Pepe a few times. Their speed on the wing can be deadly.

I thought they combined well and we looked really quick down that side.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:11 pm

theHotHead wrote:AMN at RB? No. Never. Nein.

What's def been proven though is unlike what excuses his fans have come up with RB / RWB is def his best position, hence why every manager has tried him elsewhere and he ends up straight back in that position.

I think he's an ok option as a back up RB and if he put his nose down and really made an effort to make that his permanent position he would get better.

I just hope everyone can see now all these pipedreams about him as a Winger or CM are done now, he'll never be able to do what Pepe did as a Winger last night and he's failed miserably at CM.

If he wants any future in football he should just realise and focus on playing RB otherwise he's in danger of positoning himself out of football for good.

Ask yourself, what team if he wasn't at AFC would hire him to play CM or RW??? not on your life, he should become the Right sided Kolasinac, that's his only option imo.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:33 pm

He is a winger though, it’s where he’d played most of his youth career. Can’t say he’s not still best there when he’s had 1/2 random opportunities there in shit games, agree he has been shite there when he’s had the chance but our whole club has been dogshit for 3/4 years. Not exactly the environment to thrive without a consistent run.

He’s got the pace and did used to have some confidence to use tricks to beat a player, he can’t really defend that well and eventually won’t be featuring at RB for us. When he moves on I think he’ll go back to playing on the wing.

CM was always gonna be a disaster with his passing and frailty.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Jack The Ripper » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:51 am

This guy is so laid back, its beyond ridiculous, he looks like he doesn't have a care in the world, and I have never ever seen him smile on the pitch, he always looks so asleep. Sometimes its good to be very calm, especially when its penalties, but I dunno he seems way too calm for me, he has very little aggression and energy. Looks so sleepy all the time, I always keep thinking that he suffers from insomnia and that maybe he is taking some sleeping pills or even valerian root which makes you drowsy. If he smiled he would crack his face.

I always get the feeling he is just going through the motions and doesn't overly care, I don't know maybe I am totally wrong, but you never see him interacting with the other players, never talking to them or laughing etc, just seems to have the same dead pan expression like he is sleepy all the time.
Jack The Ripper
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Pat Rice in Short Shorts » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:04 am

Are you his mother in disguise? :hiding:

The boy is a decent utility player, nothing more. He might find his level at Palace or Norwich.
He/His/Non-Menstruater/Postmenopausal/non-vaginal male. Yup all man!
Pat Rice in Short Shorts
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:59 am

I always give him sh*t so I'll give him his due.

He's been playing ok since his return to RB and if he realises now that this is his position and pushes to excel then he may be a decent 2nd RB.

Some of you thinking like him that he's have a future elsewhere in the pitch are sadly mistaken.

There is a reason after every chop and change in either position or manager that he's ended up back at RB .............. he needs to up his game and focus on playing Full back if he wants his career in football to survive.

No club in the prem would buy him as a winger or a CM, not even Sheffield Utd, at RB he's ok and if he adds crosses he's no worse than Bellerin who's looked a bit suspect.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:16 am

Sell him. Hes worth a fortune to somebody

Young English utility player? Thatll be £34 Million please
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football