Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Est83 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Firstly, you need to relax. You're coming across a little DT right now. We're not arguing bro.

Secondly, AMN was back in his preferred position after how long? Surely he deserves a couple more chances in these low level games? I think he's earned it after nearly two seasons as a utility player.

I don't think he played badly last night, he wasn't the only player that gave the ball away. He and Bellerin seemed to be on different wavelengths, but shouldn't they both take the blame for that?

Comparing him to Xhaka is way off. Xhaka has consistently been trash for more than a whole season, in his preferred position. My guess is AMN won't make it, but I haven't seen him in training, or even in his preferred position more than last night and one other game. No reason why he can't prove us wrong. Shit performances out of position for more than a year will take it out of you.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Never really noticed him whilst at the game. Actually thought he scored till they announced it was willock
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Losmeister » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:32 pm

window is closing rapidly, seems a decent youngsta who may benefit from a change of scenery....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Est83 wrote:Firstly, you need to relax. You're coming across a little DT right now. We're not arguing bro.

Secondly, AMN was back in his preferred position after how long? Surely he deserves a couple more chances in these low level games? I think he's earned it after nearly two seasons as a utility player.

I don't think he played badly last night, he wasn't the only player that gave the ball away. He and Bellerin seemed to be on different wavelengths, but shouldn't they both take the blame for that?

Comparing him to Xhaka is way off. Xhaka has consistently been trash for more than a whole season, in his preferred position. My guess is AMN won't make it, but I haven't seen him in training, or even in his preferred position more than last night and one other game. No reason why he can't prove us wrong. Shit performances out of position for more than a year will take it out of you.

Pretty much. I don't think anyone had a particularly bad performance last night. It's not as if AMN contributed nothing either. Played a good ball to Martinelli that set up the chip that lead to the Ceballos goal. He still has a lot of work to do but the same was said about Nelson last week, Chambers was written off totally as an option for any position but look how opinions change after a good performance or two. It's on AMN to sort his game because there is competition for places but I don't get the venom behind some of the criticism.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby starmandb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Est83 wrote:Was he that bad yesterday? I don't think he looked out of place, carried the ball well and had some neat touches/passes... absolute zero chemistry between him and Bellerin though, is it the first ti,me they've played together?

Played 13 times together won 5 drawn 4 lost 4
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Est83 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:08 pm

starmandb wrote:
Est83 wrote:Was he that bad yesterday? I don't think he looked out of place, carried the ball well and had some neat touches/passes... absolute zero chemistry between him and Bellerin though, is it the first ti,me they've played together?

Played 13 times together won 5 drawn 4 lost 4

On the same flank? Guess they're both rusty.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby NovaGB » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Its time to try him out as a CM in the Europa or just sell him in Jan.

Not good enough at RB or RM or RW, hit and miss at RWB but mostly miss, if we have no use for him and hes gonna cost us games i'd rather play someone who can put in a shift, i heard Osei-Tutu made headlines in Germany last week now they are finally playing him, he'll do for 3rd choice RB.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 pm

theHotHead wrote:I don't want to See AMN at RB at all, its not his position and we are Arsenal football club ffs, we need a proper RB playing in position.

Bellerin is not good enough to play there.

AMN needs to play somewhere in the middle, he isn't Arsenal quality but if you are going to play him pick his correct position at least.

................. well, that didn't go so well now did it, as I forecasted.

Don't worry, you weren't as gung ho on him as lets say Power n Glory a few pages back but still, its time to give it up.

CM no, RB no, RW no ...... back to CM, gives away a goal first chance he gets.

Jenkinson had more stock with me than this guy, he needs to be sold or given away like a Happy Meal freebie.

NovaGB wrote:Its time to try him out as a CM in the Europa or just sell him in Jan.

We should of just gone with the latter and saved ourselves the let down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Like i said in the match thread he's done as an Arsenal player, his final lifeline is when Mustafi leaves and Luiz drops down a level Chambers will be used at Center back a lot more and maybe in other DM positions in certain games so backup RB maybe available.

Apart from that, just sell him.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Mike Dean » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:52 pm

I cant stand watching him play anymore.

I dont understand how he gets playing time.

He is atrocious.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 am

He'll be easy to sell. Young, English and not on too much money
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Nuggets » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 am

UFGN wrote:He'll be easy to sell. Young, English and not on too much money

Let's hope your right, he is no good for us, he just seems lost and doesn't know what to do.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby swipe right » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 am

Can be a devastating right winger. Let’s bring in a RB and free him to play on the right wing in attack. He’s a great athlete and has a good attacking brain. Just not able to defend.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby alexafc12 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:51 pm

So poor tonight. I had really high hopes
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Can’t be mad at him. He doesn’t pick himself and he is simply not a serious player.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football