Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:27 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:The other difference is, the other 3 are good enough.

So you think Chambers, Cedric and Bellerin were better options as RB?

Cool if that's your opinion.

I would say none of them are good enough or able to play the role to a higher level than AMN. I don't think AMN is an Arsenal quality RB but I do believe that he would put in more top level performances in the position than Cedric, Bellerin and Chambers.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Over the last three games we have played Chambers and Cedric as rightback/wingback. Because Maitland Niles has stated in the past he prefers CM, do you believe that justifies Arteta's selecting Chambers and Cedric ahead of him despite neither having the tools for the job? AMN has even told the manager he's willing to play solely as RB this season but because of what he's said in the past, do you believe that justifies picking weaker players in that position?

That's not my argument.

My argument is he hasn't played RB since before his move to West Brom because he wanted to play as CM and so has derailed his oportunity to solidify himself as a good RB which is what Southampton wanted to loan him as by the way.

Just the other day he was trying to force a move away from AFC ...........

He's fked it imo, if I were Arteta I'd of bought a new RB as well.

Now we have Takehiro, Cedric, Chambers ......... when is AMN going to get playing time now?

I actually think Arteta has kept him because we're short in midfield.

Current healthy CM's ........... Xhaka, Lokonga, Elneny.

One more injury and we're pretty fked at CM, so not even sure if AMN has been kept to play FB anymore?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:The other difference is, the other 3 are good enough.

So you think Chambers, Cedric and Bellerin were better options as RB?

Cool if that's your opinion.

I would say none of them are good enough or able to play the role to a higher level than AMN. I don't think AMN is an Arsenal quality RB but I do believe that he would put in more top level performances in the position than Cedric, Bellerin and Chambers.

That's what it boils down to for me.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Over the last three games we have played Chambers and Cedric as rightback/wingback. Because Maitland Niles has stated in the past he prefers CM, do you believe that justifies Arteta's selecting Chambers and Cedric ahead of him despite neither having the tools for the job? AMN has even told the manager he's willing to play solely as RB this season but because of what he's said in the past, do you believe that justifies picking weaker players in that position?

That's not my argument.

My argument is he hasn't played RB since before his move to West Brom because he wanted to play as CM and so has derailed his oportunity to solidify himself as a good RB which is what Southampton wanted to loan him as by the way.

Just the other day he was trying to force a move away from AFC ...........

He's fked it imo, if I were Arteta I'd of bought a new RB as well.

Now we have Takehiro, Cedric, Chambers ......... when is AMN going to get playing time now?

I actually think Arteta has kept him because we're short in midfield.

Current healthy CM's ........... Xhaka, Lokonga, Elneny.

One more injury and we're pretty fked at CM, so not even sure if AMN has been kept to play FB anymore?

That might not be your argument, but that's my question for you.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:3 players who are actually RB's...probably yep.

We can leave it there. You're not serious. Yet, you say he can take Pepe's spot as RW? You have a good day. :arsesmile:

Yes I know you love Pepe as well, some weird fetish for rubbish players I guess. However, he's probably one of our worst starters and he was also just an example, why do you ignore the games Willian got since he joined or Nelson? AMN could've been used in his original position for those minutes.

As for RB, what has he proved there that the other 3 haven't? None of them are exactly great pickings but he's not been good bar 2 games in the FA Cup really either.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:22 pm

Santi wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Santi wrote:3 players who are actually RB's...probably yep.

We can leave it there. You're not serious. Yet, you say he can take Pepe's spot as RW? You have a good day. :arsesmile:

Yes I know you love Pepe as well, some weird fetish for rubbish players I guess. However, he's probably one of our worst starters and he was also just an example, why do you ignore the games Willian got since he joined or Nelson? AMN could've been used in his original position for those minutes.

As for RB, what has he proved there that the other 3 haven't? None of them are exactly great pickings but he's not been good bar 2 games in the FA Cup really either.

Santi, you're not making sense.

If the manager feels AMN would be best suited as RW. Fine. No argument from me. But you're contradicting yourself because he's not a RW either.

3 players who are actually RB's...probably yep.

If you believe Cedric, Bellerin and Chambers should start ahead of AMN just because they're more natural RB's then the same applies to your thoughts for AMN playing as RW. He hasn't played consistently as a right winger since 15/16 at lower league Championship level for Ipswich. Even if
we leave Pepe aside, he's not got a tougher fight displacing Saka in that role compared what we just saw at RB with Chambers and Cedric? Did you watch the three games by any chance?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Santi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:35 pm

Look you're boring me with this, AMN is shit in any position and should've been sold so I'm tired of talking about the rest of it now, this has gone on long enough. If he gets a chance I hope he plays the best he can.

That's the end of it for me, whether he wants to be a RW, RB or CM. It'll likely have to be elsewhere and hopefully we actually get some money for him in January.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Santi wrote:Look you're boring me with this, AMN is shit in any position and should've been sold so I'm tired of talking about the rest of it now, this has gone on long enough. If he gets a chance I hope he plays the best he can.

That's the end of it for me, whether he wants to be a RW, RB or CM. It'll likely have to be elsewhere and hopefully we actually get some money for him in January.

:rolleyes: You enjoy the rest of your evening.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Well now we have the Japanese lad, AMN is in more of a pickle. Not gonna get a look in at CM and not gonna get one at RB.

Arteta needs to decide what he is gonna do with this boy, he can't keep him in purgatory, that's just not fair.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Thought he did pretty well at cm for wba.

With how bad we are in that position, wouldn't hurt to try him out there
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:06 pm

theHotHead wrote:Well now we have the Japanese lad, AMN is in more of a pickle. Not gonna get a look in at CM and not gonna get one at RB.

Arteta needs to decide what he is gonna do with this boy, he can't keep him in purgatory, that's just not fair.

Well, if we sell Elneny and with Azeez on loan, who knows if he'll play CM. As Ach said, it's where he played vs West Brom. No idea what Arteta is thinking. Lokonga was dropped/rested vs West Ham and Man City, and I don't even know if this new kid from Japan will play RB or CB. The way the CB's get dropped and rotated, he could be a replacement for Mari or Holding.

Either way, AMN is stuck and should look for the exit if he can't get first team football.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:37 pm

How did he play?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:How did he play?

He played?

On a serious note, ball carrier, nothing more.

He tried obviously but if he is the future of AFC's midfield then we're in trouble.

Wayward passes as well.

6/10 at best.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:34 am

In this club, he will be nothing but a bit player the clown should let him go.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:58 am

He will play more as RB than anything, he is a utility player basicly
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football