Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Losmeister wrote:if Bellend put in the same performance the reaction would be way more positive... and Bellend doesnt do horrible back passes,
he plays horrible square balls across his won box thgat become problems.

Some people have been piling into AMN for ages and already have their minds made up. f**k em.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 am

Looked better than during preseason. Overall, a very good game for him. Was a little shaky when Saint-Maximin came on, but found his feet quickly.

I'd give him an appearance at winger in a cup game. His assist was beautiful.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:36 am

He's crying out to be played as a wide midfielder, he has all the right attributes. Bring in a half decent RB in Jan to cover for Bellerin and replace Mhikytaryan with AMN.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 am

aniym wrote:He's crying out to be played as a wide midfielder, he has all the right attributes. Bring in a half decent RB in Jan to cover for Bellerin and replace Mhikytaryan with AMN.

Yup. Would not be opposed to this whatsoever.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby VCC » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 am

Had a great game read the pass well for the intercept and great ball for Auba goal
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:17 am

Good pace to intercept the pass and break away. Has a bit of pace on him and quite a tidy dribbler.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:19 am

aniym wrote:He's crying out to be played as a wide midfielder, he has all the right attributes. Bring in a half decent RB in Jan to cover for Bellerin and replace Mhikytaryan with AMN.

Dont mix attacking as right back with attacking as rw. Completely different. Just as eboue
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:02 pm

He had a couple of good moments, but I think overall he's still not that good.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Of course he is, that was his natural position before we started f***ing around with it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 pm

gooney wrote:

Dont mix attacking as right back with attacking as rw. Completely different. Just as eboue

Our RW is Pepe who will most likely be cutting inside like Alexis used to do at LW. AMN has pace and stamina and should be played put wide to feed the front 3 crosses. Bellerin should focus on his defending when he comes back because won't have the speed he used to.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:53 pm

StLGooner wrote:He had a couple of good moments, but I think overall he's still not that good.

I hope he does well and he may be Jenkinsons replacement going forward at RB, but if he can't cut it I'm taking the teams success over this obsession to be nice about our home grown players.

If he's going to be Bellerin's back up then fine but that's all I'm expecting.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 pm

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 am

I don't want to See AMN at RB at all, its not his position and we are Arsenal football club ffs, we need a proper RB playing in position.

Bellerin is not good enough to play there.

AMN needs to play somewhere in the middle, he isn't Arsenal quality but if you are going to play him pick his correct position at least.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby mel4 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:I don't want to See AMN at RB at all, its not his position and we are Arsenal football club ffs, we need a proper RB playing in position.

Bellerin is not good enough to play there.

AMN needs to play somewhere in the middle, he isn't Arsenal quality but if you are going to play him pick his correct position at least.

If he wants to play in the middle but can not displace younger players like Guendozi and Willock, then he needs to leave. Iwobi knew his Arsenal fate and left. Days of persisting with mediocrity should be over. No one is tying him down to Arsenal and refusing to let him go.

In the absence of a RB, maybe he is the best cover we have at that position. Until we sign or have better RBs, AMN's only position is RB or RWB. Nothing more.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby NJ_Gunner » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:20 pm

I really don’t understand some of the hate this guy gets. He’s young, a product of our own academy, and playing out of position. And to be honest, he’s quick, tricky with the ball at his feet, not afraid to take on defenders, and plays with heart. He basically was 90% of the reason we scored week one. I actually think he is quite useful and versatile for the squad tbh.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football