Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:09 pm

elkanofan wrote:Tbh i wasn't even arguing about AMN having a football brain. It was purely a viewpoint in general about racial profiling.

Because we can now move fully back to the point and depth on 'football brain' without race.

Pep mouthed on about how he thinks all DM make the best managers and he's just biased as a mother f***er because he was a DM and while he has been a top manager he is a silver spooned one who relies heavily on big chequebooks to fund his style.

The truth is the DM is a very disciplined role to play and understand. The biggest part of it is positional awareness, now this 'football brain' aspect is just how well you understand formations and what's needed in each system along with self maturity and adaptabillity in understanding what's needed in each situation. Thing is Gary Neville who is a football nerd may of had a better understanding of the position in theory than David Beckham but in his latter years Beckham became an effective DLP which is a form of DM, just one that starts attack play from deep rather than tackle as his main role.

Why wasn't Neville able to be a DM like Beckham? Nothing to do with intelligence or 'football brain' much. All to do with Beckhams impeccable passing range.

That's the real reason AMN will never make it as a CM. he's tidy in possession and has adequate technique. He's quick. That's it! He's bang average in all departments. Theres zero things about this guy which stand out. But his pace, good technique makes him a very useful fullback and versatile squad player.

If want to be a midfielder at the top level if you can't pass you need to be a incredible tackler, AMN is neither and needs to accept at this level all he will ever be is a effective fullback.

Well that's half the issue, firstly the term "Footballing brain" is subjective to what you consider it to mean, I don't think your looking at it the way I mean it for starters.
When I say footballing brain, I mean someones ability to see passes, not get pressured on the ball, have the skills and passing range to go along with it and have decision making above the level of most players ........... basically I'm describing players like Ozil, Zindane, Silva, Rivaldo, Figo, Nedved, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wesley Sneijder, Sterling, Robhinho, DeBruyne.

No white English players in that line up by the way, but apparently race / nationality gives you a pass? well it doesn't, skill for the role is the only pass you get at competitive level.
If Pele was around do you think people wouldn't pick him as a CAM / CF because he's black ......... basically it was a fkin stupid thing for PnG to say and why he went running off when I started listing black players with the technical ability and vision to easily play that position.

As for Nevile, your talking about footballing brain as in the lines of a manager, I'm not, I'm talking about as a player, its different because you need to see the picture then execute it physically, a manager doesn't, there's is a tactical skill set and how to manage players, its not the same footballing brain required to see a chip pass or through ball and the ability to weight that pass with precision.

.............. also as I said to you before, everybody is profiled by everybody every single day, its peoples assumptions about strangers and everyones is different so if you can't handle that then good luck, impressions of people are not going anywhere, anytime soon.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:33 pm

DG....please stop bringing my name up in conversations for the sake of attention. Elk has eloquently broken down the points made on racical stereotypes, conditioning and how it relates to football. I couldn't have done a better job.

You sound too far gone, too antagonistic and too conditioned for me to be that patient with you.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:34 pm

Having played football as the stereotypical "big black target man", a box to box CM, a DM and a CB I can honestly say the box to box role is comfortably the most difficult position to play because it requires the highest levels of energy/fitness, the ability to be good defensively and offensively, a greater range of passes and constantly seeing the picture on the pitch - both in front of you and behind.

The only position that is more demanding physically I think is the wing back role. I tried it once - looooooool - I was dead after 15 minutes!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:50 pm

Power n Glory wrote:DG....please stop bringing my name up in conversations for the sake of attention. Elk has eloquently broken down the points made on racical stereotypes, conditioning and how it relates to football. I couldn't have done a better job.

You sound too far gone, too antagonistic and too conditioned for me to be that patient with you.

Too far gone how?

Does your narrative get all fked up when when a mixed race and black guy in HH don't agree with you?

EK explained his views and I've replied, as for you I will bring your name up because you started it by injecting race into the subject when the discussion was based purely on football ability.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:Having played football as the stereotypical "big black target man", a box to box CM, a DM and a CB I can honestly say the box to box role is comfortably the most difficult position to play because it requires the highest levels of energy/fitness, the ability to be good defensively and offensively, a greater range of passes and constantly seeing the picture on the pitch - both in front of you and behind.

The only position that is more demanding physically I think is the wing back role. I tried it once - looooooool - I was dead after 15 minutes!!

CB was my position, I never had the feet for midfield or twinkle toes needed to be a winger.

I was more like a Sokratis, enjoyed the battle, blocking off the strikers angles on goal, last minute slide tackles taking the ball off their toes (I loved), shouldering people off the ball.

I had my eye on DM a few times but I didn't enjoy it as much, too much space so instead of getting stuck in your chasing people all over the pitch, when your a CB the ball comes to you, not the other way around.

At first when I was young I used to play CB because no one else wanted to and I didn't have the confidence to play outfield (I'm talking when I was 6-9 yrs old) but as I got older I realised I was actually suited to the position and I had a natural defensive mindset and loved the physical battle.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:DG....please stop bringing my name up in conversations for the sake of attention. Elk has eloquently broken down the points made on racical stereotypes, conditioning and how it relates to football. I couldn't have done a better job.

Too far gone how?

Does your narrative get all fked up when when a mixed race and black guy in HH don't agree with you?

EK explained his views and I've replied, as for you I will bring your name up because you started it by injecting race into the subject when the discussion was based purely on football ability.

Mixed doesn't mean you identity with being Black. Being Black doesn't mean you can't be conditioned to look at other Black people a certain way. Classism plays a part in that in that. You may have heard some stories about OJ Simpson and his attitude before he became notorious for something else.

You guys have said enough and it just reinforces my original gripe about the 'football brain' comment. It sounds a certain way and I don't care for the 'token race card' you're actually pulling up to try and back it up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:20 pm

............either that or its just your negative view point being OTT?

How you can state your blackness is a more correct view than another black mans is a worse type of profiling.

You don't own being black or what being black means, everyones experience is different for different reasons and hence why I'm saying to you, your putting too much emphasis on race over other real factors.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:40 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:............either that or its just your negative view point being OTT?

How you can state your blackness is a more correct view than another black mans is a worse type of profiling.

You don't own being black or what being black means, everyones experience is different for different reasons and hence why I'm saying to you, your putting too much emphasis on race over other real factors.

I never did but you were quick to pull that card in an attempt to validate yours.

Even before we got into the conversation properly you made a statement about having an 'inferiority complex' and 'victimhood' based off assuming I'm Black and knowing little else about me. That says enough about racical profiling in itself.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:39 pm

............. because you said "footballing brain" was a subtle racial dig at black players not being "smart" enough to play that role, stating and I could quote you "We play ST, CB, WF, FB but there are no black CAM's due to racial profiling" and "We're always the side kick".

I just responded to that stating "talent is what gets you picked not race so stop playing the victim card", so tell me again who bought race into the conversation?

Anyway this is going nowhere, we've made our points, you've made yours we'll just agree to disagree.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:52 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Tbh i wasn't even arguing about AMN having a football brain. It was purely a viewpoint in general about racial profiling.

Because we can now move fully back to the point and depth on 'football brain' without race.

Pep mouthed on about how he thinks all DM make the best managers and he's just biased as a mother f***er because he was a DM and while he has been a top manager he is a silver spooned one who relies heavily on big chequebooks to fund his style.

The truth is the DM is a very disciplined role to play and understand. The biggest part of it is positional awareness, now this 'football brain' aspect is just how well you understand formations and what's needed in each system along with self maturity and adaptabillity in understanding what's needed in each situation. Thing is Gary Neville who is a football nerd may of had a better understanding of the position in theory than David Beckham but in his latter years Beckham became an effective DLP which is a form of DM, just one that starts attack play from deep rather than tackle as his main role.

Why wasn't Neville able to be a DM like Beckham? Nothing to do with intelligence or 'football brain' much. All to do with Beckhams impeccable passing range.

That's the real reason AMN will never make it as a CM. he's tidy in possession and has adequate technique. He's quick. That's it! He's bang average in all departments. Theres zero things about this guy which stand out. But his pace, good technique makes him a very useful fullback and versatile squad player.

If want to be a midfielder at the top level if you can't pass you need to be a incredible tackler, AMN is neither and needs to accept at this level all he will ever be is a effective fullback.

Well that's half the issue, firstly the term "Footballing brain" is subjective to what you consider it to mean, I don't think your looking at it the way I mean it for starters.
When I say footballing brain, I mean someones ability to see passes, not get pressured on the ball, have the skills and passing range to go along with it and have decision making above the level of most players ........... basically I'm describing players like Ozil, Zindane, Silva, Rivaldo, Figo, Nedved, Rosicky, Cazorla, Wesley Sneijder, Sterling, Robhinho, DeBruyne.

No white English players in that line up by the way, but apparently race / nationality gives you a pass? well it doesn't, skill for the role is the only pass you get at competitive level.
If Pele was around do you think people wouldn't pick him as a CAM / CF because he's black ......... basically it was a fkin stupid thing for PnG to say and why he went running off when I started listing black players with the technical ability and vision to easily play that position.

As for Nevile, your talking about footballing brain as in the lines of a manager, I'm not, I'm talking about as a player, its different because you need to see the picture then execute it physically, a manager doesn't, there's is a tactical skill set and how to manage players, its not the same footballing brain required to see a chip pass or through ball and the ability to weight that pass with precision.

.............. also as I said to you before, everybody is profiled by everybody every single day, its peoples assumptions about strangers and everyones is different so if you can't handle that then good luck, impressions of people are not going anywhere, anytime soon.

DiamondGooner wrote:

DG that's the thing man. Bar Ozil who we all know is well past it. He just cannot run at players anymore whatsoever, he can only pass. All those great players, legends bar Robinho, Sterling and De Bryune, who isn't a legend yet have died out.

Wait hold on what is sterling doing there. He's really not that type of player. He's all about goals, assists and getting numbers. He's never ever had a passing range. His game isn't about that. Anyway back to the point

The game doesn't produce these players anymore. What you see thanks to FIFA Ultimate team being the youngsters definition of good football which is essentially fantasy money ball. The football brain you speak about is dying. This is exactly what the 'Football is going downhill' thread is all about. Its just like what's happening in the workplace regarding key skills being lost.

Youngsters also are being heavily drilled with propoganda to think every next match or season football gets 'infinitely better' because of 'sports science'. The reality is not even 10 years ago we used to release a maximum 2 kits a season. Now clubs release 4-5 kits a season. The propaganda keeps you buying into the bullshit in getting that cool new shirt makes you look so hot and fly and your supporting the best teams off all time. The truth is this debt based monetary system is dead, bankrupt, heading for oblivion and the elites are milking the masses underneath the premise of mass materialism for every penny they have until they are safe themselves to move to a new monetary system where they maintain the control they have always had over the masses for milennia.

This goes back to something i speak about. I want to inspire people to be their best selves because the mainstream propaganda has turned the younger generation into materialist invalids who would order McDonalds from not even 5-10 minutes walk away for extra cost from uber eats and stare at their phone as its delivered and brag about how throwing away money is cool because 'I didn't have to walk for it'.

This is more about having the abillity and competency in your skillset to make the pass. I'm sure you could maybe see the passes but is your passing technique good enough to make it once you see it and can you risk it at the top level of football?

Its a combination of both. 'Vision' and 'awarrness' and the competency and consistently in your technique to do it.

So i mean we both agree having a football brain is important and its nice and i live that you speak about this with such passion but. DG football in a purist term died a long time ago, at least 9-10 years ago. This younger generation doesn't care or has the attention span to learn skills our previous generation did.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:11 am

For the record and to set the record straight, I was born and raised in Holloway/Finsbury Park and have been surrounded by street thugs my entire life. I have always felt the desire to do what I want and never be bullied into following the crowd. So when my buddies went off to rob people, for example, I didn't. When my college thug buddies decided to sit in the common room playing blackjack instead of going to class - I didn't.

I had a reggae sound system, got some dubplates from Jamaica, that was my thing, when my earnings allowed I began to buy more expensive things, things that my peers either couldn't afford or thought was a waste of money. I was lucky enough to have decent jobs, I bought nice cars (still living at home), went on numerous holidays and generally lived the life of Riley. O stayed in contact with a lot of my childhood friends - I still lived in the manor so I bumped into them often anyway.

My current situation, I live near Tottenham (for my sins), I have my own house and drive nice cars and can go on whatever holiday I want - when I want - and spend as much as I want on whatever I want because I am comfortable. I have experienced plenty of racism along the way, none of it has stopped me from achieving my goals. If I hit a brick wall I find a way around, over, under or through it !

People have choices, people tend to make BAD choices. My youngest brother who wanted for nothing because big bro (me) kitted the family house out well was the worst behaved out of all of us (I have 5 siblings), the stuff he has done and gotten into is the stuff you can make feature length films about !! Proper gangster shit ! All because instead of letting his gangster friends do their thing he had to be all up in their business. He is out of it now, but he has left a trail of destruction that I am helping him clean up.

So when I see people talk about being "conditioned" to think a certain way or that perhaps I am "less black" than others, my answer is, you don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about. EVERYONE should take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everyone else or the system or the white man. If you go to a job interview for example and you sound like a f***ing dunce you WILL NOT get the job ! It has nothing to do with racism, the system or the white man. Have you heard these youngsters give interviews on TV ?? f***ing dunces, the lot of 'em.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 am

theHotHead wrote:For the record and to set the record straight, I was born and raised in Holloway/Finsbury Park

Just down the road then.

I grew up in Stoke Newington, was part of what was called back then the "Junior Stokey Crew", although I moved when I was 17 after my first year of college back to my birth town.

Lets hope they've come up with a better gang name since I've been gone lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:22 am

theHotHead wrote:For the record and to set the record straight, I was born and raised in Holloway/Finsbury Park and have been surrounded by street thugs my entire life. I have always felt the desire to do what I want and never be bullied into following the crowd. So when my buddies went off to rob people, for example, I didn't. When my college thug buddies decided to sit in the common room playing blackjack instead of going to class - I didn't.

I had a reggae sound system, got some dubplates from Jamaica, that was my thing, when my earnings allowed I began to buy more expensive things, things that my peers either couldn't afford or thought was a waste of money. I was lucky enough to have decent jobs, I bought nice cars (still living at home), went on numerous holidays and generally lived the life of Riley. O stayed in contact with a lot of my childhood friends - I still lived in the manor so I bumped into them often anyway.

My current situation, I live near Tottenham (for my sins), I have my own house and drive nice cars and can go on whatever holiday I want - when I want - and spend as much as I want on whatever I want because I am comfortable. I have experienced plenty of racism along the way, none of it has stopped me from achieving my goals. If I hit a brick wall I find a way around, over, under or through it !

People have choices, people tend to make BAD choices. My youngest brother who wanted for nothing because big bro (me) kitted the family house out well was the worst behaved out of all of us (I have 5 siblings), the stuff he has done and gotten into is the stuff you can make feature length films about !! Proper gangster shit ! All because instead of letting his gangster friends do their thing he had to be all up in their business. He is out of it now, but he has left a trail of destruction that I am helping him clean up.

So when I see people talk about being "conditioned" to think a certain way or that perhaps I am "less black" than others, my answer is, you don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about. EVERYONE should take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everyone else or the system or the white man. If you go to a job interview for example and you sound like a f***ing dunce you WILL NOT get the job ! It has nothing to do with racism, the system or the white man. Have you heard these youngsters give interviews on TV ?? f***ing dunces, the lot of 'em.

top post!!!!!! :clap:
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:59 am

theHotHead wrote:For the record and to set the record straight, I was born and raised in Holloway/Finsbury Park and have been surrounded by street thugs my entire life. I have always felt the desire to do what I want and never be bullied into following the crowd. So when my buddies went off to rob people, for example, I didn't. When my college thug buddies decided to sit in the common room playing blackjack instead of going to class - I didn't.

Is it fair to judge a kid on how he talks on tv for interviews? You're not one to hold back on the slang around here and cuss someone out in patois. I'm not going to assume you're a dunce because of it or look down on you.

Environment always plays a huge role and not everyone will make the right decision when there are few good choices and examples around. You may be the exception but not being the smartest living in a tough area compared to if you were bought up in a nice middle class area will make a huge difference to the hurdles you face. Most kids can get up to mischief in their teens but it's different for a kid that's from Peckham to a kid that came up in a nice area around Surrey. The kid from the worst area can't afford as many mistakes. Racism doesn't have to stop you from achieving your goals but there shouldn't be an issue with pointing it out. But this sounds more like a conversation about class, poverty and environment. Slightly different from racial profiling.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Is it fair to judge a kid on how he talks on tv for interviews? You're not one to hold back on the slang around here and cuss someone out in patois. I'm not going to assume you're a dunce because of it or look down on you.

Yes it is, because no business worth its salt will employ someone who will be deemed as an embarrassment to the company in meetings or that customers will think your running some back alley swindle shop.

Would you give your Debit card numbers to a guy who sounds like the guy who robbed you the other month?

Like I said before, it all comes down to money at the end of the day, you need to start realising that.

If it was profitable to have employees talk that way then they would be hiring them left, right and centre ........... how do you think Gangster rap survived even though the US Gov't were trying to ban it? NWA?

Why do you think Top Boy just got renewed for another season on Netflix?

Power n Glory wrote:Environment always plays a huge role and not everyone will make the right decision when there are few good choices and examples around. You may be the exception but not being the smartest living in a tough area compared to if you were bought up in a nice middle class area will make a huge difference to the hurdles you face. Most kids can get up to mischief in their teens but it's different for a kid that's from Peckham to a kid that came up in a nice area around Surrey. The kid from the worst area can't afford as many mistakes. Racism doesn't have to stop you from achieving your goals but there shouldn't be an issue with pointing it out. But this sounds more like a conversation about class, poverty and environment. Slightly different from racial profiling.

You need to accept that in life everyone is judged, what impression you choose to give to the world is up to you but you can't expect the world to see things your way.
If your walking down a dark alley and you see a black man with a hood up, puffer jacket and looking all street or you see the very same black guy walking down wearing a suit ............ which one would make a person feel safer around?

You see the guy in the suit, same guy and the impression immediately isn't "Oh my god that black guy is going to shank me" its more, wonder which business he works for .......... so you have to ask yourself, is it really about colour at all? but appearances and the way you present yourself.

As for HH talking street on the forum, again the face you wear during business hours does not mean you have to be that way in general.
I was working in an office when I was younger putting on my best customer facing voice while at the weekend I was drinking shots with my pals and bashing about wannabes down town on a night out ........... I didn't bring that to the office.

HH is probably in a similar way to me, at some point you just have to grow up and be a man, change if you have to, when you have a mortgage, the bank doesn't give a fk what colour you are, they just want that £££ every month, you have to realise people in business / public don't have no time for sob stories or sympathy, they want to see you have your sh*t together and your a responsible individual.
If you want to go to the bank to get a loan to start that new business you've planned ......... you go looking smart, no matter if your black, white or brown if your white and turn up to the bank in a hoodie and shorts asking them to give you £60k for a business venture ............ you better have one hell of a resume and proof of earnings / rich dad otherwise you may as well not turn up.

That's the one thing I give credit to the Nation of Islam for, they're from the revolution era of the 60's so obviously they are built on a platform of discussing / opposing racism ........... but they've always said from the start, yes there are racists out there, but their core message is, sort yourself out and get on with it, empower yourself don't look to others to do for you what you need to be doing for yourself.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football