Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (on loan - AS Roma)

Postby Santi » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:05 pm

f**k me our players are so shit people don’t even follow up on the loans.

Send this guy to league 1 where he belongs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:11 am

AMN in at backup RB, Cedric out. Let's use him while he's still contracted to us. There are a lot of games to be played this season.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:50 am

Why we loaned him out and kept Cedric I will never know, another tick in the ever growing list of Arteta f**k ups!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Because AMN didn't want to play full back let alone continue to be a backup.

Cedric has been largely fine in 2022 anyway.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:13 pm

AMN has ruined his career with this "Want to play CM" bs.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever, he's stupid if you ask me.

Made the England team for Fullback and at his stature in the game he had no right to be selected, he was selected because he made strides at RB and what does he do as soon as he gets back to AFC he undoes all that by making noises about wanting to play centrally, gets trialled there and was Championship level.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:31 pm

My ex boss went quite far in youth academies (a small stint at a prem club, but mostly championship) before a knee injury derailed any hope of a career. He made a lot of friends along the way and still mixes with them, coaches and players etc. His best story involves nearly having a punch up with Lampard at a charity event, with Terry stepping in before a bunch of other prem players stepped in to even it up... lamps and Terry left early :grin:

Anyway, long story short, one of his good friends did a lot of work with AMN in one of the England youth set ups, and he is still, to this day, convinced that he could be world class.

Chances are he had it at one point, but timing's a bitch. You can miss the boat just by not being at your best on the right day, or a couple of injuries here and there.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:55 am

Most versatile players say something about their preffered position. AMN has said anything out of the ordinary.

AMN

However, he says he’s happy to play wherever Arteta asks him to, telling the Mail, “I didn’t mean I don’t want to play there because I would be happy to fill in and slot in and do the job anytime, anyplace.

“Obviously I do prefer playing central midfield but that is not to say I don’t want to play right-back or that I’m not going to do the job there if the manager asks me to.

“If the manager says to me ‘Ains you gotta go in goal this game I will put the gloves on and I am ready to rock n roll’.”

ESR

Having lost his place in the middle on the three-pronged attacking midfield, Smith Rowe also admitted that the role was his preferred position.

“I see myself as a No 10, on the inside,” he added. “But at the same time, because of the way we play at Arsenal, if I am on the wing then the manager is telling me to drift inside and be natural like a No 10 anyway.

“I’m happy to play anywhere, you know? I'm an Arsenal fan. I'll play wherever I'm needed and it's good to be versatile.

“It's a habit for me to come inside if I'm on the left wing.

Saka when played a LB

“I’m really enjoying my football under the new manager,” he said. “It’s not my natural position but he’s given me all the advice I need.

“I’ve got Granit (Xhaka) behind, David (Luiz) supporting and speaking to me so it gives me licence to go and express myself in the final third and do what I can do.

“I feel like my dream was always to be a winger, to affect games, score goals and get assists. For now I’ll do the job the manager asks me to.”

Martinelli

“I prefer to play on the sides, the left side specifically,” he said. “But I also like to get a lot in the box with a chance to finish, so if the ball is left I’ll be in a good condition to score.

“I can also play on the right side, but my favourite position is on the left wing, infiltrating and being as close to the goal as possible.”

Chambers

But the Gunners star is conscious that, although his versatility is a bonus with regards to getting minutes on the pitch, it is nothing like nailing down his own ideal position.

“I don’t want to be known as a utility player who just slots in here, there and everywhere as I want my own secured position,” he added.

“Long-term, I think I’ll end up as a central defender. It’s my favourite position.”

Auba

“I play everywhere, I don’t mind really, I really don’t mind,” Aubameyang told Arsenal’s matchday programme.

“Everyone knows where I prefer to play but this doesn’t matter because I prefer to have many options than just one.

Even though he is happy to feature on the wing, Aubameyang admits he has a lot to learn in the position.

Detailing what is different between the two positions he has played in this season, he said: “[You learn because] your movements are different if you play, for example, on the left. You have to play sometimes more in the pocket to try to connect with the midfield players.

“I want to help and I want to learn as well. Because you learn every day even if you are young or maybe older, but I’m still learning and I feel good everywhere.”

And it’s maybe different with the striker position, as a No 9. It’s completely different, sometimes you have to be wide, but when you are a striker you are more central and it’s really different.

“But I’ve learnt a lot of things since I’ve been playing on the left side. It gives me opportunities because a lot of defences are attracted by the No 9.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:38 am

Santi wrote:Because AMN didn't want to play full back let alone continue to be a backup.

Cedric has been largely fine in 2022 anyway.

But it doesn't matter what he wants, its not like he refused to play. We can play him until his contract ends, he is miles better than Cedric, you say he was largely ok in 2022, he was poor, can't defend, can't go forward, at least AMN can put in some top quality performances as we saw in that final against top opposition.

Cedric is crap
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:16 pm

There must he something between him and Arteta. He is a decent back up for Tomiyasu and Tierney. And maybe Partey as well.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:43 pm

Fran Solo wrote:There must he something between him and Arteta. He is a decent back up for Tomiyasu and Tierney. And maybe Partey as well.

Arteta has fallen out with more people than Putin.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:32 pm

swipe right wrote:
Fran Solo wrote:There must he something between him and Arteta. He is a decent back up for Tomiyasu and Tierney. And maybe Partey as well.

Lol. He needs to sort this out. We don't have enough money for new back ups for every positions while we still badly need some main players.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:29 pm

A manager with no people skills, like a Samaritan with no empathy or an alcoholic with no alcohol.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:08 pm

Fran Solo wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Lol. He needs to sort this out. We don't have enough money for new back ups for every positions while we still badly need some main players.
Yes. Ferguson won many trophies with:

Phil Neville
Darren Fletcher
John O'Shea
Quentein Fortune
Ji-Sung Park

And a few others i forgot.

Neville, Fletcher and O'Shea stand out because none were world beaters like AMN but all especially O'Shea played in almost every position Fergie wanted and their versatility is what makes a perfect squad player and with AMN we have that.

So for Arteta has shown himself to be so narcassitic and self serving to his methods he has now experienced the failure when we f**k up at the business end.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:24 pm

Bring this lad back.

He can do a job as wing back and in CM.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TedLasso » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:36 pm

Reiss wrote:Bring this lad back.

He can do a job as wing back and in CM.

Hopefully he understands now that his future (or whats left of it) is at right back. He demonstrated he could play the position very well if he just bought in. Hell, he got a call up playing right back and every single manager he's had including Wenger, Emery, Arteta, and Mourinho said he's not a CM. When will he get the message? Just embrace what you're good at lad.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football