Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:41 pm

I honestly reckon he'd be better on the wing than iwobi
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby BrunelGooner » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:56 pm

I remember the game against Man United a few weeks back. He was poor in the first half against Man United, but was exceptional in the second half.

Considering the level of opposition, tonight was his best performance in an Arsenal shirt over 90 minutes. Threatening going forward, linked up well with the forwards, good defensively and made a lot of vital tackles/interceptions/blocks.
BrunelGooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 pm

He also looks hard as nails which helps!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:40 am

A stark contrast to how f***ing useless he was against Everton!! Worst player perfomance in the entire Premier League I reckon he was that week.

Apart from one shit ball across field to Auba that he over hit, he had a good game and was defensively very useful!! Monreal could take some pointers from him cos Monreal was shocking.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Mike Dean » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:15 pm

Bone headed challenge.
Mike Dean
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:54 am

They’ve just walked through it on ref watch on sky sports and it’s f***ked me off all over again. It’s never a red, in my view the combined nature of the two challenges would equal a yellow overall...but that’s not how cards work.

Dermot thinks first is a yellow and second isn’t
Sol bamba thinks second is a yellow and first isn’t

I think the ref was just out to screw us. On the first card, in my view that’s a certain yellow if he’s 10 yards further inside our half. Given where it is, it’s not a clear opportunity that AMN is blocking and it’s also assuming chilwell would get free otherwise but not taking into account that AMN is rapid. The second is just never a yellow, problem is it’s only proven on the replay and Maddison cons the ref into this one. Usually you’d give a final warning before the second yellow though so my sympathy for the ref is lost, he could’ve taken a small bit of stick to give one warning to AMN and allow a much better game to continue.

By giving the red he caved in to the easy home decision and then made a bed of inconsistency for himself when he couldn’t keep giving out yellows at the same rate, awful performance overall from that skinny c***.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:14 am

Santi wrote:They’ve just walked through it on ref watch on sky sports and it’s f***ked me off all over again. It’s never a red, in my view the combined nature of the two challenges would equal a yellow overall...but that’s not how cards work.

I think the ref was just out to screw us. On the first card, in my view that’s a certain yellow if he’s 10 yards further inside our half. Given where it is, it’s not a clear opportunity that AMN is blocking and it’s also assuming chilwell would get free otherwise but not taking into account that AMN is rapid. The second is just never a yellow, problem is it’s only proven on the replay and Maddison cons the ref into this one. Usually you’d give a final warning before the second yellow though so my sympathy for the ref is lost, he could’ve taken a small bit of stick to give one warning to AMN and allow a much better game to continue.

By giving the red he caved in to the easy home decision and then made a bed of inconsistency for himself when he couldn’t keep giving out yellows at the same rate, awful performance overall from that skinny c***.

By going into the tackle the way he did it gave the ref the opportunity to see a second yellow, sure it was a dive and VAR would probably have reversed that decision, but I'm not blaming the ref ... he gave what he saw and at first viewing I think 90% of us saw it the same way ... AMN made a mistake then dived in where it wasn't needed. silly boy but he will learn.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Marsbar100 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Was kind of inivetable he would get sent off after the first yellow, you can't make any form of challenge on a yellow really it is what it is.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:10 pm

It was never a sending off but as stated, when you are on a yellow you have to engage your damn brain !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 am

EliteKiller wrote:
Santi wrote:They’ve just walked through it on ref watch on sky sports and it’s f***ked me off all over again. It’s never a red, in my view the combined nature of the two challenges would equal a yellow overall...but that’s not how cards work.

By going into the tackle the way he did it gave the ref the opportunity to see a second yellow, sure it was a dive and VAR would probably have reversed that decision, but I'm not blaming the ref ... he gave what he saw and at first viewing I think 90% of us saw it the same way ... AMN made a mistake then dived in where it wasn't needed. silly boy but he will learn.

"silly boy, but he will learn".
No, he won't. That's the bigger problem. Our players do not learn.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby gooney » Fri May 03, 2019 4:03 am

Every game he has 2 moment that can cost hos team. Again this match he had two braindead moments. He is just one if those players like mustafi who can do 8 good things and 2 disaster moments.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 am

He does some good stuff but then fooks it up by having a few desastrious brain farts, can't rely on him really.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri May 03, 2019 5:19 am

He's fine as cover for bellerin
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri May 03, 2019 5:27 am

He had a good game. Almost all of the defenders including the keeper had very dodgy moments that could have costs us. He wasn't the exception. He's pretty good on the ball and bit of tidy dribbler. Would still like to see him play through the middle.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby gooney » Fri May 03, 2019 6:35 am

Power n Glory wrote:He had a good game. Almost all of the defenders including the keeper had very dodgy moments that could have costs us. He wasn't the exception. He's pretty good on the ball and bit of tidy dribbler. Would still like to see him play through the middle.

I dont think youwouldsaythis if that header lead to a goal. That was as bad as mustafis error vs palace. Only difference ball went over the goal
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football