Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (on loan - West Brom)

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:07 pm

Tony Adams wrote:He doesn't want to be back up in midfield or play full back. That means he has to leave.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:37 am

https://arseblog.news/2021/06/maitland- ... o-arsenal/

Ainsley Maitland-Niles has made it clear that he’s happy to look for a new club this summer but he’s waiting for clarity from Arsenal as to how he fits into Mikel Arteta’s plans.

After a frustrating first half of the season that saw him limited to 11 Premier League appearances at the Emirates, the 23-year-old moved to West Bromwich Albion on loan in the hope of getting more time in the centre of midfield.

While Sam Allardyce was happy to grant him those minutes, the move up the pitch didn’t aid his international ambitions. Having earned five caps before Christmas playing as a full-back and wing-back, Maitland-Niles didn’t really get a look-in when Gareth Southgate went to make his selection for the European Championships. He admits it was a bitter pill to swallow.

Given Arsenal are trying to raise funds for a big squad rebuild and Arteta is unlikely to trust Ainsley with responsibilities in the centre of the park, the signs suggest he’s heading for an exit.

For now, he just wants a conversation with the club as soon as possible so he can plot his next step.

“I want a decision,” Maitland-Niles told The Telegraph (£).

“I want some clarity and then hopefully I can get to work with whoever I need to get to work with. Whether that is finding a new club or whether that is carrying on with my training. I would like some kind of indication of what is happening. Where they [Arsenal] see me. If it works out it works out, if it doesn’t then kiss Arsenal goodbye.

“It’s been a long journey but a proud one at that. Maybe they still want to do something and things could change. If not, there’s always other teams.

“It would be easier to do it now than waiting for pre-season to kick in and everything is super busy and they can’t answer their phones because they are doing too much work. You know how the football world works.

“If I was to get a phone call from someone at Arsenal and they said they’d like a meeting tomorrow, then it would be easier that way.

“They can tell me whether they’ve got plans to play me in the future or if they want to sell me. I’ve heard they want to make some space [in the squad] and some money so I’m not sure.”

Whatever the outcome of the conversation, Maitland-Niles says he’s mentally prepared.

“You have to get your head around what you might not want to hear and be prepared if that’s the case,” he says.

“Be a man about the situation. If it’s not going to work there then there’s always other clubs that will take you and I like to think that I’ve done enough in the Premier League in the last half of the season to have other clubs interested in me.”

Leicester and Southampton were both interested in Maitland-Niles in January and Wolves made a formal offer to the Gunners that was rejected last summer. Given his versatility and homegrown status, he won’t be short of suitors.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:55 am

Could have sold him last summer, Arteta pulled the plug, then didn’t play him at all and he’s probably worth less now, could this guy be any more clueless, the manager is a massive financial burden on us.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:18 am

Sad to see how the club treats some of our players. Deserves more clarity so he can make the best decision for himself and his family.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am

Lack of clarity seems to be a consistent theme with Arteta.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Alexis » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:09 pm

Özim wrote:Could have sold him last summer, Arteta pulled the plug, then didn’t play him at all and he’s probably worth less now, could this guy be any more clueless, the manager is a massive financial burden on us.

Tbf wolves were taking the piss with their bids so I agree with arteta on this one. Ben fukin white 50m and wolves bidding for 10m or smth.
Guy made international debut as well easily 30m.
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:22 pm

Özim wrote:Could have sold him last summer, Arteta pulled the plug, then didn’t play him at all and he’s probably worth less now, could this guy be any more clueless, the manager is a massive financial burden on us.

Maitland Niles played 20 games for arsenal after last summer
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby swipe right » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:31 am

starmandb wrote:

You Arteta’s PR person or what?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:35 am

swipe right wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Starmandb just likes the I dotted and the T crossed, nothing wrong with that.
I think you would find he is not a huge Arteta fan
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:27 am

Wouldn't mind a swap deal + cash for Ruben Neves.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:59 pm

swipe right wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Arsenal fan
starmandb

Postby Santi » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:38 pm

Get shot of this c***, bar one good game in the cup and a sick penalty he’s been bang average. Try and get 20m then f**k him off to Burnley or some other trash who will take him.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:14 pm

Very good squad member. Keep
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby KG3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 am

Ach wrote:Very good squad member. Keep

Agreed, could be a starter if he was happy with RB imo
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:59 pm

Luckily not injured ...................

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-24433180
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football