Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (15)

Postby Goonerred » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:13 pm

We're on the cusp of something here, not title challenging, but up there. It would be a shame to let it fall apart.
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:29 pm

Goonerred wrote:It's seems crazy that we are leaving ourselves short in this area. Chambers is not good enough to help us get top 4.

Yeah, some would say the same about AMN not being good enough but it's this sort of situation where we may have needed him to slot in. It's not ideal. Hopefully, we buy a proper CM this window to challenge both Xhaka and Partey for a place.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:32 pm

Goonerred wrote:We're on the cusp of something here, not title challenging, but up there. It would be a shame to let it fall apart.

I'm more so worried about how Sambi and Xhaka will gel. We may not have to worry about back ups if both remain fit but it's vital that they play well together since they're our only real options for this period.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (on loan - AS Roma)

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:20 pm

Is Mourhino wanting him for Fullback or Midfield?

Reports are suggesting he is required as a Right-back.

AMN's career is all over the place, see again, RB is where he is valued, no one wants him as a CM.

You'd think he'd cotton on by now and just run with it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:40 pm

Goonerred wrote:It's seems crazy that we are leaving ourselves short in this area. Chambers is not good enough to help us get top 4.

AMN wasn't going to get a chance regardless.

Our backup RBs are Cedric and Tavares. Tavares, an LB, has played for us at RB with AMN on the bench.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby KG3 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:53 pm

Currently starting at RB against Juventus, Roma are 1-0, Mourinho is going to turn him into a monster of a player
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:05 pm

KG3 wrote:Currently starting at RB against Juventus, Roma are 1-0, Mourinho is going to turn him into a monster of a player

Well he was decent at RB anyway, his issue was he kept not wanting to play there again and again.

The kids an idiot quite frankly, all this has proved is yet again, no manager wants him as a CM.

Arteta, Wenger, Emery, England and Mourhino all wanted him at RB ........ yet AMN keeps fkin it up by moaning about preferring Midfield.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:27 pm

KG3 wrote:Currently starting at RB against Juventus, Roma are 1-0, Mourinho is going to turn him into a monster of a player
Fine, then he can have him for 50m or we'll have him back.

Why couldn't we have kept him for another week? Him next to Lokonga would have made today's game very different imo.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:28 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Well he was decent at RB anyway, his issue was he kept not wanting to play there again and again.

The kids an idiot quite frankly, all this has proved is yet again, no manager wants him as a CM.

Arteta, Wenger, Emery, England and Mourhino all wanted him at RB ........ yet AMN keeps fkin it up by moaning about preferring Midfield.

It doesn’t. When he last spoke on this he said he'd play anywhere, even RB. He just wants to play. He wouldn't have moved to Roma if he were dead set on playing midfield and was refusing to play RB.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

It doesn’t. When he last spoke on this he said he'd play anywhere, even RB. He just wants to play. He wouldn't have moved to Roma if he were dead set on playing midfield and was refusing to play RB.

He'd be a back up right back at Arsenal.
He wanted to play.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He moved to Roma because he can't get a game at Arsenal in any position CM or RB because we now have Tomi and his back up is Cedric.

Also no other club in England has come in for him apart from Roma (from what I know) so its either RB in Italy or nothing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He moved to Roma because he can't get a game at Arsenal in any position CM or RB because we now have Tomi and his back up is Cedric.

Also no other club in England has come in for him apart from Roma (from what I know) so its either RB in Italy or nothing.

Well, doesn’t that also suggest that he just wants to play?

AMN cleared this up months back. After that shocker of a performance today, we could have used him in midfield or RB. Here's his quote.

However, he says he’s happy to play wherever Arteta asks him to, telling the Mail, “I didn’t mean I don’t want to play there because I would be happy to fill in and slot in and do the job anytime, anyplace.

“Obviously I do prefer playing central midfield but that is not to say I don’t want to play right-back or that I’m not going to do the job there if the manager asks me to.

“If the manager says to me ‘Ains you gotta go in goal this game I will put the gloves on and I am ready to rock n roll’.”
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:56 pm

^ yeah but its not very convincing to a manager when the guy you want to play RB keeps saying he prefers midfield even after all this time.

It just makes it sound like he's not committed to the idea.

Roma lost 4-3 by the way.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:04 pm

I’m not sure it matters where someone prefers to play as long as they are willing to play whenever they’re asked to.

It’s not unusual for a player to have a preferred position to the one he plays.

Now of course if they are reluctant it’s a different matter.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:15 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:^ yeah but its not very convincing to a manager when the guy you want to play RB keeps saying he prefers midfield even after all this time.

It just makes it sound like he's not committed to the idea.

Roma lost 4-3 by the way.

You're ignoring what he said and creating a false narrative.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football