Ainsley Maitland-Niles

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Ainsley Maitland-Niles (30)

Postby theHotHead » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Zedie wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Thought he has been pretty solid. Little mistakes here and there, but that's normal.

It's like every youngster should be playing like experienced professionals with no mistakes in their game.

This is so arsenal. People shouldn't get pissed at youngsters making mistakes, they should know it's going to happen and get pissed at the manager for letting them play in big matches instead of making their mistakes somewhere else.

Christ, Chelsea and city hardly play kids and when they do, its after years out on loan learning the game at other clubs.

Man u have struck gold with Rashford, but he's still got a long way to go if you watch the majority of his other games. Still a great prospect but also still rough around the edges.

To be fair Rashford looks better than Lukaku - even including his mistakes.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hybrid47 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Hybrid47 wrote:Always been a fan of him - yes he makes the odd naive mistake due to being young but his composure and ability to keep it simple should be an example to others. His decision and off the ball movement is also very very good. I do think he will be a very good CM/DM in the future.

Playing right back will of course improve his defensive capabilities, bright future for this guy definitely.

No I don't think he will (CM/CDM).

I say that because when Wenger put him there he was trash, didn't look comfortable at all, for someone who's played there in the youth team it was strange to see how much more comfortable he looks on the wing in comparison but tbf when you hit pro level that happens a lot, under that type of pressure youth players can often change positions because when you get squeezed you need to optimize what your good at.

Unless something changes AMN isn't going to be playing anywhere but Fullback.

E.g at CM he looked out of his depth compared to Elneny who was partnering him and lets be honest, even though I appreciate his game Elneny is generally not appreciated by most fans, Xhaka is ahead of AMN at CM and most people want Xhaka sold.

On the wing however AMN is now genuinely pushing Bellerin for his place and Bellerin is our no1 choice Right back, if you want to make it as a starter at pro level you have to go where your talent takes you or you'll get swallowed up.

Toure is a prime example, started at Arsenal as a CM and ended up one of the best CB's in the league.

I do see your point but he is naturally a box to box CM judging by where he's been playing at youth level.

I also think it's a big mistake to judge a player on one game. He has all the assets to be great in either position - good on the one on one, good pace, passing, composure and also not afraid to carry the ball forward.

Either way as stated before very bright prospect - excited to see how he develops.
Hybrid47
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Losmeister » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 pm

i dont recall people being "pissed off" that AMN played poorly, @ CM, i'd say concerned/surprised
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 pm

He’s gonna have that same problem most youngsters have where he’ll be reaching 24 and not have a position nailed down
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby gooney » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:29 pm

He is just a dumb player imo. I have never seen a sloppier player. Every match he has played he has made huge errors. Since watching football early 90s. Never seen a full bacl who gives the ball away like he does
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Sims wrote:He’s gonna have that same problem most youngsters have where he’ll be reaching 24 and not have a position nailed down

Not unless he's smart and grabs the LB/RB position with both hands, he's almost pushed Bellerin out, that's as good as it gets for someone his age not named Mbappe.

Where as if he's determined to play CM he's last choice, in fact Wenger isn't even considering him there atm.

With his pace and strength fullback at senior level looks like a good fit.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:11 am

How has he pushed bellerin out? He has played 1 game as rb. He isnt half the player bellerin is
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 am

He was average at best yesterday and was shit as f**k when he played left back earlier this season.

If he wasn't English, MOTD wouldn't have bothered to single him out for praise for that performance which was nothing special
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:22 am

gooney wrote:How has he pushed bellerin out? He has played 1 game as rb. He isnt half the player bellerin is

Exactly what I was thinking lol
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby generalanal » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 am

Bye bellerin. Finally. Amn is even faster lol bad cards for bellerin. Sell him for 20 millions to Barcelona
generalanal
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:23 am

gooney wrote:How has he pushed bellerin out? He has played 1 game as rb. He isnt half the player bellerin is

He has been no worse than Bellerin at RB.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am

When did "almost pushed out" become "pushed out"?

Secondly it was his first game at RB but he's played a lot of games at LB where he did pretty well, he actually looked better on the right though or maybe that was just a natural all round improvement as he's progressing.

Either way, the way Bellerin has been playing he is no better than what AMN displayed last game.

Bellerin had no competition outside Chambers so again, no competition, now he does.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am

he's shit
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby BouncySean » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm

He's a perfect squad player imo.
BouncySean
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby coach8smallball » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Sims wrote:He’s gonna have that same problem most youngsters have where he’ll be reaching 24 and not have a position nailed down

Not unless he's smart and grabs the LB/RB position with both hands, he's almost pushed Bellerin out, that's as good as it gets for someone his age not named Mbappe.

Where as if he's determined to play CM he's last choice, in fact Wenger isn't even considering him there atm.

With his pace and strength fullback at senior level looks like a good fit.

I completely agree.

even though it was against Watford, amn really played admirably. good to see.
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football