Alex Iwobi

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Re: Alex Iwobi (17)

Postby Santi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm

he's awful. his passing and decision making is atrocious, only overshadowed by Maitland Niles.

His pace and direct running is his main attribute but far too often nothing comes of it. Similar to the Ox in a way but without the same crossing ability.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Chelskis 2nd from Willian

You could coach Iwobi for a million years with the best coach. he will never score a gaol like that.

anyway we get starters like xhaka and iwobi b/c sadly the guys behind them are pubbers
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:37 pm

oh, and wiobi will never even score a goal like Pedro's either.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Byron Gomez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:08 am

Championship level player just like Gibbs and Walcott.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Byron Gomez » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:09 am

Actually Gibbs is league 1 level.
"I've play against him, what? 12, 15, 18 times? , I dunno". "And only once he didn't moan and on that day we lost!" - Jose Mourinho
Byron Gomez
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:31 am

Iwobi was the best of the bunch yesterday. Fans should lay off him a little. He's not a goalscorer and I personally think he should be playing in central midfield. He can turn a man, carry defenders and be the start of an attack, he's strong but he shouldn't be the one on the end of attacks trying to finish the move off or play the killer ball. He's not consistent enough. Has a similar playing style to Jack Wilshere. Develop him as a CM/AM because he doesn't have the goal scoring instinct at all and it won't come under this sort of atmosphere where there is so much pressure.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Rockape » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Has a similar playing style to Wilshire? Are you kidding?? I don’t like to be rude to fellow gooners but that is just a ridiculous comparison! Jack drew oppo players in and played great passes. Iwobi has absolutely no idea what he’s going to do other than perhaps best a player or two and then see what the options are. Quality player v headless chicken!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Potential quality player*

Difference is the football IQ, both are failures.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Losmeister wrote:Chelskis 2nd from Willian

You could coach Iwobi for a million years with the best coach. he will never score a gaol like that.

anyway we get starters like xhaka and iwobi b/c sadly the guys behind them are pubbers

I don’t think Willian is better than Iwobi

Willian is trash, end product near enough the same
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Iwobi was the best of the bunch yesterday. Fans should lay off him a little. He's not a goalscorer and I personally think he should be playing in central midfield. He can turn a man, carry defenders and be the start of an attack, he's strong but he shouldn't be the one on the end of attacks trying to finish the move off or play the killer ball. He's not consistent enough. Has a similar playing style to Jack Wilshere. Develop him as a CM/AM because he doesn't have the goal scoring instinct at all and it won't come under this sort of atmosphere where there is so much pressure.

Put it this way.

He's one of the better performers currently but that's because we've dropped a level, even on this form he'd of struggled to get into the team 2 years ago.

We had Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Sanchez.

Iwobi wouldn't of been first choice.

Our strikers have got better but our midfield hasn't, Torreia is the only improvement.

If Iwobi is our level now then kiss goodbye to top 4 permanently.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Rockape wrote:Has a similar playing style to Wilshire? Are you kidding?? I don’t like to be rude to fellow gooners but that is just a ridiculous comparison! Jack drew oppo players in and played great passes. Iwobi has absolutely no idea what he’s going to do other than perhaps best a player or two and then see what the options are. Quality player v headless chicken!

Jack lost it a bit after his injuries. He'd often overrun the ball with too many touches and get clattered. Once Wenger started deploying him out on the wing instead of through the middle, he was far worse than Iwobi. Totally ineffective but we've seen that for a lot of players that don't have the skill set to play wide. Iwobi falls into that category and you'd have to watch him play through the middle to see the other side of the coin. I'm saying it's worth a try because his best performances have come when playing through the middle and I don't think he has what it takes to be a top goalscorer from and assisted from a wide position.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:26 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Iwobi was the best of the bunch yesterday. Fans should lay off him a little. He's not a goalscorer and I personally think he should be playing in central midfield. He can turn a man, carry defenders and be the start of an attack, he's strong but he shouldn't be the one on the end of attacks trying to finish the move off or play the killer ball. He's not consistent enough. Has a similar playing style to Jack Wilshere. Develop him as a CM/AM because he doesn't have the goal scoring instinct at all and it won't come under this sort of atmosphere where there is so much pressure.

Put it this way.

He's one of the better performers currently but that's because we've dropped a level, even on this form he'd of struggled to get into the team 2 years ago.

Our strikers have got better but our midfield hasn't, Torreia is the only improvement.

I'm talking about his future development. I'm not really talking about his current performances. We can all acknowledge he's inconsistent, struggling and has his fair share of critics. But he's also a tidy dribbler, good control and one of the few internal players that could make a difference to our midfield.

Funny how you guys are reluctant to analyse Emery's record and performances but have no problem piling it on to a 22 year old player that came through our youth system and just needs a little guidance and support. We're not talking about a full fledged experienced veteran. The criticism for young players should be constructive. He needs to be taken out of the firing line.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:27 pm

His ok but I don't even find him as exciting as OX tbh.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:33 pm

U really love kick n rush players don't u

Ox was awful as well, at least Iwobi has mad tek
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Put it this way.

I'm talking about his future development. I'm not really talking about his current performances. We can all acknowledge he's inconsistent, struggling and has his fair share of critics. But he's also a tidy dribbler, good control and one of the few internal players that could make a difference to our midfield.

Funny how you guys are reluctant to analyse Emery's record and performances but have no problem piling it on to a 22 year old player that came through our youth system and just needs a little guidance and support. We're not talking about a full fledged experienced veteran. The criticism for young players should be constructive. He needs to be taken out of the firing line.

Any player who's first choice in our team is in the firing line.

Firstly 22 is an adult, he's no longer a youth, do people make excuses for Mbappe? second he's never going to get much better than he is now, a players gifts can be seen from age 18-20 yrs of age, at 22 he's in his early prime ffs.

Stop making BS excuses, when a players over 30 they're pensioners apparently and when a player is an Arsenal player at 22 he's a kid, BS stfu, sick of people making bollocks excuses for Arsenal players.

Soft touch Arsenal went with Wenger, Iwobi is 22 yrs old, he's one of our better performers but that doesn't mean he's at a level of talent that will take this club higher than 6th that is for certain.

He's no Sane, he's not KDB, he's no Salah, he's no Harry Kane, he's not even as good as Martial.

He's fine for now but the quicker he's back on as a squad player like Welbeck was and he's upgraded the better for AFC, 1st team is not a training academy or a creche.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Football