Martin Ødegaard (8)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Martin Ødegaard (11)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Santi wrote:
KG3 wrote:Can see why Zidane doesn’t rate him, can’t believe people want us to waste our transfer budget in this lol

Let’s just focus on ESR and use funds elsewhere theirs cheaper alternatives who we can find for rotation purposes

Agree, he's done nothing special since we signed him. Couple of decent performances and suddenly worth 40m? Do me a favour.

Utterly useless today, but then again the whole team has.
So far 1 good half from Ode, added to average and poor performances.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Nullified today
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:34 pm

An Ozil-like performance from him today :hiding:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:09 pm

Another awful performance from the Real Madrid man .

50million? Er, no.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby EliteKiller » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:35 pm

Only 500 minutes in the EPL but you can see why he's "excess to requirements" against a team that has been struggling for form he made zero impact .... looks like a player who looks good when we are dominating but disappears when we aren't, we've got far to many of them already. 50m you're having a laugh on today's showing.

He's got eight games to do a lot better than this.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby swipe right » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:59 am

And people called Wilshere overrated. Wilshere shits all over this guy. Wilshere at the same age was ten times the player.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:31 am

Valuation back down at least.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:06 am

KG3 wrote:Can see why Zidane doesn’t rate him, can’t believe people want us to waste our transfer budget in this lol

Let’s just focus on ESR and use funds elsewhere theirs cheaper alternatives who we can find for rotation purposes

I disagree. We have seen flashes of his talent, the system is atrocious. How can people criticise him when every player to a man was shit yesterday?? Its the worst footie I have ever seen from an Arsenal team. Blame the manager, how can all the players lose form at the same time!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 am

swipe right wrote:And people called Wilshere overrated. Wilshere shits all over this guy. Wilshere at the same age was ten times the player.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:09 am

theHotHead wrote:

I disagree. We have seen flashes of his talent, the system is atrocious. How can people criticise him when every player to a man was shit yesterday?? Its the worst footie I have ever seen from an Arsenal team. Blame the manager, how can all the players lose form at the same time!

Many players have flashes of talent now and then.
Calum Chambers looked like Cafu last week in the second half against West Ham.
It doesn't mean he's good.

I stick with what I said in the match thread. Too many backwards passes. He was afraid to even try and create something. So far he is significantly behind Guendouzi both in terms of offensive creation and defensive work, never mind comparing him to ESR or even more far fetched the likes of Ozil.
He's only 22 and can get better, but at this stage 10m is a fair price.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:21 pm

theHotHead wrote:

Odegaard has been one of Arteta's biggest boosters. He's bought in to the system.

Although I do agree that he and other players would be performing far better in a less rigid system. I guarantee he's already been ordered not to take shots from outside the box when a 5-yard pass option is available.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Real socidad beat atletico Bilbao to win the copa del rey yesterday
It was delayed from 19/20
A campaign that featured Martin Odegaard who scored 3 goals in the cup run while he was on loan there
Nacho Monreal figured in the final
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:02 pm

Real socidad beat atletico Bilbao to win the copa del rey yesterday
It was delayed from 19/20
A campaign that featured Martin Odegaard who scored 3 goals in the cup run while he was on loan there
Nacho Monreal figured in the final
starmandb

Postby EliteKiller » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:14 pm

The problem/risk you take with any young player who has a reputation far above his achievements to date is the price.

In any sane world Odegaard a 22 year old bench player at RM who has been loaned out to get game time is worth 10m and 50k a week - however Madrid want 60m and Odegaard allegedly wants 100K plus ....

This can go two ways if we invest 100m in the player with a five year contract:

A) He becomes a legendary AM assisting and scoring 20 goals a season
B) He becomes another overpaid squad player who we sell at a 60m loss in three/four years time.

Is this a good gamble? in my opinion no it isn't, how has it worked out with Pepe and Torreira?

Far better spending that 100m on three more Kieran Tierney type players, far less risky with three chances of a win versus one and if they don't make the grade then we're not stuck with massively overpaid squad fillers.

Odegaard might be the next KDB but should we bet the house on that?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:21 pm

EliteKiller wrote:The problem/risk you take with any young player who has a reputation far above his achievements to date is the price.

In any sane world Odegaard a 22 year old bench player at RM who has been loaned out to get game time is worth 10m and 50k a week - however Madrid want 60m and Odegaard allegedly wants 100K plus ....

This can go two ways if we invest 100m in the player with a five year contract:

A) He becomes a legendary AM assisting and scoring 20 goals a season
B) He becomes another overpaid squad player who we sell at a 60m loss in three/four years time.

Is this a good gamble? in my opinion no it isn't, how has it worked out with Pepe and Torreira?

Far better spending that 100m on three more Kieran Tierney type players, far less risky with three chances of a win versus one and if they don't make the grade then we're not stuck with massively overpaid squad fillers.

Odegaard might be the next KDB but should we bet the house on that?

Exactly right - but would add that Ode hasn't shown anything so far in his young career to suggest he'll be at KDBs level.
I think your numbers of 10m and 50k a week would be more than fair.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk