Martin Ødegaard (8)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Martin Ødegaard (8)

Postby Ach » Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 pm

An idiot lol

Coming from sideways passes are better than cup final goals Muppet, I suggest keeping quiet before you're made up look a fool again
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Wed May 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Imagine thinking Ramsey is better than Cazorla :rofll:

Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 18, 2022 3:55 pm

The troll is back zzzzz
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:22 pm

Different players, ramsey had more end product though
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby swipe right » Wed May 18, 2022 6:32 pm

Ach wrote:I like the guy but we need end product

Not another Santi

That will come from the forward line. He should be playing those final balls.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Wed May 18, 2022 6:33 pm

End product can be assists as well

He does need to score more though
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Ach wrote:End product can be assists as well

He does need to score more though

We need two top goal scoring forward - a CF and a wide forward. We also need players making runs off the ball. Then Odegard has someone to pick out. He can also follow the striker into the box and poach rebounds and loose balls.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed May 18, 2022 7:01 pm

I am very disappointed with his assists numbers, but when you look at our entire offensive impotence its no surprise he hasn't done well in that area.

Arteta is so limited offensively, freekin joke!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 18, 2022 7:08 pm

Our attack this season has once again been totally lacking, we’ve scored one more goal than last season so far and we were really awful then.

This guy doesn’t create or score enough, as a signing I give him 5/10.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Santi » Wed May 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Different players, ramsey had more end product though

Not tonight :sneaky2:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Thu May 19, 2022 2:39 am

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:He’s a very good player. I don’t understand how people don’t see that. He’s in a new league and working with a new team and manager and will need some time to fully show his talent. But he’s technically fantastic, creative in his thinking, links up well and is hardy enough for the league. We need more players like him.

He is technically sound but we need him to have a bigger influence on the game. If you rematch just the Newcastle game, you'll see what I mean. I think it's more of a mental and development thing. He has to get tougher and not allow opponents to bully him off his game.

We've been playing more of a 4-3-3 lately and Saka often being isolated comes back to Odegaard not being available for the inside pass. That partnership needs to be stronger. ESR and Saka had that understanding when played close together.

As I said earlier, Odegaard it received the ball 6 times from our midfielders. 4 from Xhaka and 2 from Elneny. Newcastle chose to press Xhaka and Elneny and cut the ball supply from them.
Look, I know Odegaard had a bad game and this game is not the only one, but most of his bad games happen because he couldn't get enough balls. No Partey, no party really describes Odegaard's game.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Power n Glory » Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 am

Fran Solo wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:He’s a very good player. I don’t understand how people don’t see that. He’s in a new league and working with a new team and manager and will need some time to fully show his talent. But he’s technically fantastic, creative in his thinking, links up well and is hardy enough for the league. We need more players like him.

He is technically sound but we need him to have a bigger influence on the game. If you rematch just the Newcastle game, you'll see what I mean. I think it's more of a mental and development thing. He has to get tougher and not allow opponents to bully him off his game.

We've been playing more of a 4-3-3 lately and Saka often being isolated comes back to Odegaard not being available for the inside pass. That partnership needs to be stronger. ESR and Saka had that understanding when played close together.

As I said earlier, Odegaard it received the ball 6 times from our midfielders. 4 from Xhaka and 2 from Elneny. Newcastle chose to press Xhaka and Elneny and cut the ball supply from them.
Look, I know Odegaard had a bad game and this game is not the only one, but most of his bad games happen because he couldn't get enough balls. No Partey, no party really describes Odegaard's game.

I agree, Xhaka and Eleney aren't the greatest at moving the ball forward but knowing that, I look at the movement ahead of them, around them and which players can relieve the pressure. As said, when Odegaard did receive the ball, he'd get pressed and clattered. As a result, it looked like he'd avoid looking for the ball. In general, the movement was too slow and this team can't play a one touch passing game.

It's not all on Odegaard and I'm not sure if he has the licence to move around freely to receive the ball in this system. But eventually he will have to adjust to life without Partey to be a true great. He's had too many quiet games during this tricky period and we'll need players like him to stand up.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 19, 2022 6:59 am

When you have an Ozil or an Odegaard you need to have plenty of movement ahead of them, we generally are too static up top, think about when the ball is in our midfield, we don't have runs or movement. We get movement on counter attacks or when we are high up the field at the edge of the opponents box and we are probing for a gap, we get lots of overlaps, inside to outside movement and the reverse of that.

But when the ball is in midfield and we are not on a counter attack I think we are much too static.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu May 19, 2022 1:09 pm

theHotHead wrote:When you have an Ozil or an Odegaard you need to have plenty of movement ahead of them, we generally are too static up top, think about when the ball is in our midfield, we don't have runs or movement. We get movement on counter attacks or when we are high up the field at the edge of the opponents box and we are probing for a gap, we get lots of overlaps, inside to outside movement and the reverse of that.

But when the ball is in midfield and we are not on a counter attack I think we are much too static.

Agreed but I also think Odegaard is getting caught in possession because he's also too static. In general, I think we play at a slow tempo and player's were waiting for the ball to arrive at their against Newcastle. They weren't on their toes and were taking too many touches.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 19, 2022 7:58 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
theHotHead wrote:When you have an Ozil or an Odegaard you need to have plenty of movement ahead of them, we generally are too static up top, think about when the ball is in our midfield, we don't have runs or movement. We get movement on counter attacks or when we are high up the field at the edge of the opponents box and we are probing for a gap, we get lots of overlaps, inside to outside movement and the reverse of that.

Agreed but I also think Odegaard is getting caught in possession because he's also too static. In general, I think we play at a slow tempo and player's were waiting for the ball to arrive at their against Newcastle. They weren't on their toes and were taking too many touches.

Absolutely.

And that's because we play a 4 tiered formation, other teams are playing 3 tiers meaning everything from passing, support, closing down etc is all tighter and quicker.

4-2-3-1 is old hat and he doesn't even have the CF for it.

Setting us up for failure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk