Calum Chambers joins Aston Villa

All UK football including, Scottish/Irish/Welsh Leagues and Cups. Also, domestic transfer gossip and news.

Calum Chambers joins Aston Villa

Postby Cripps » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 am

Southampton will make a move for Leeds full-back Sam Byram, 20, if they lose right-back Calum Chambers in the summer. Chambers, 19, is a target for Manchester United and Arsenal.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Any good?
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Re: Callum Chambers

Postby Callum » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:11 am

If Sagna leaves we need some with experience, not someone with only a handful of Premier League games to his name. No thanks.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Probably looking at him for backup if we're loaning out Jenkinson. I'd prefer Clyne though.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:39 am

GSK_AFC wrote:Probably looking at him for backup if we're loaning out Jenkinson. I'd prefer Clyne though.

Chambers isn't far off Clyne and is more physical and almost 4 years younger. Kept him out for large parts of the season. Clyne hasn't been at his best due to injury but Chambers has been very impressive when he's played.

Not a player we need though. Right back is one area we are quite strong . Of course if/when Sagna leaves we need to sign a replacement but we should be looking at proven quality as Jenkinson is nowhere near ready.

We have Bellerin who is regarded as one of the brightest young fullbacks in world football, however again lacks top flight experience and needs to improve physically and tactically.

We have a young lad called Tafari Moore who has been an excellent season. Still only 16 but has featured regularly for the U18's this season. Been impressed myself, looks a much more rounded defender than what we usually produce.

Basically we are well stocked for the future in right backs however we need someone for the now. Piszczek/Coleman
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StockGooner » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Probably looking at him for backup if we're loaning out Jenkinson. I'd prefer Clyne though.

Chambers isn't far off Clyne and is more physical and almost 4 years younger. Kept him out for large parts of the season. Clyne hasn't been at his best due to injury but Chambers has been very impressive when he's played.

Not a player we need though. Right back is one area we are quite strong . Of course if/when Sagna leaves we need to sign a replacement but we should be looking at proven quality as Jenkinson is nowhere near ready.

We have Bellerin who is regarded as one of the brightest young fullbacks in world football, however again lacks top flight experience and needs to improve physically and tactically.

We have a young lad called Tafari Moore who has been an excellent season. Still only 16 but has featured regularly for the U18's this season. Been impressed myself, looks a much more rounded defender than what we usually produce.

Basically we are well stocked for the future in right backs however we need someone for the now. Piszczek/Coleman

From what I've seen of Tafari Moore he looks very good going forward and is an absolute beast for just 16. A few articles on him say that he is a good solid defender which surprised me, because he seems to get caught out of position a lot, but granted he is only 16, so time to learn more defensive skills.

And Bellerin, I can't say I've seen much to be honest but everyone seems to say he's a great young full back. He doesn't get many reviews then if he is supposedly that good?

But on topic, I like Chambers and would rather him than Clyne, but I would much rather Sagna stay, but if he is to go, then a ready made first team full back should be bought to go straight into the team. As much as I love Jenks, and think he has done quite well when he has had a run of games, I wouldn't like him in the team all season just yet?
StockGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Calum Chambers

Postby Sims » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm

My Watford mate raved about Bellerin whilst he was there.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Calum Chambers

Postby Palin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Arsenal eye move for Southampton's Calum Chambers with continuing doubts over future of Bacary Sagna

Calum Chambers, the Southampton right-back, is among Arsenal’s list of summer transfer targets as Arsène Wenger accelerates his plans ahead of the possible departure of Bacary Sagna.

Although Arsenal are now ready to stretch to a new three-year deal for Sagna, who will be out of contract in June, the 31-year-old has made no decision on his future amid competing interest from Manchester City, Galatasaray and Paris St-Germain.

Arsenal scouts were already monitoring Chambers but have intensified their interest over recent weeks in a player who would further enhance the core of young British players in the squad.

At only 19, Chambers has graduated through the Southampton academy with left-back Luke Shaw, who is increasingly likely to be sold this summer to Manchester United or Chelsea for around £30 million.

Chambers is less experienced than Shaw but this has been his breakthrough season in senior football and he has played in 21 Premier League games for Southampton while also captaining the England Under-19 team.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10783605/Arsenal-eye-move-for-Southamptons-Calum-Chambers-with-continuing-doubts-over-future-of-Bacary-Sagna.html
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Not good enough to replace Sagna and Jenkinson is adequate back-up for the time being. No thanks.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 pm

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:24 am

Merged.

I'd rather have Chambers than Jenko. Need a new RB so I'm for this
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:47 am

£30m for Luke Shaw!?!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Cripps » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Arsenal are lining up a move for Southampton right-back Calum Chambers, 19, after accepting Bacary Sagna, 31, will leave on a free transfer. Daily Mirror
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Kyle? » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Cripps wrote:
Arsenal are lining up a move for Southampton right-back Calum Chambers, 19, after accepting Bacary Sagna, 31, will leave on a free transfer. Daily Mirror

Because that's what we need, a 19 year old starting RB...
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby AFC10 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Dr Hansom Davidoff wrote:
Cripps wrote:

Because that's what we need, a 19 year old starting RB...

Doesn't matter how old you are, if you're good enough you're good enough. Look at Luke Shaw
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Youngie » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:27 pm

We don't need more prospects, lets develop the ones we have already.
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Domestic Football