Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Postby Cripps » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:21 am

Lol at Higuain being garbage.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:24 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ozil is better than Fabregas but if we had 40 odd million to spend last summer we should have upped our bid for higuain.

We had plenty of players who could rotate in the hole - cazorla, wilshere, rosicky, even podolski/walcott could have played off giroud in more of a 4-4-2.

higuain is not worth 40m unfortunately, he isnt in the same class as ozil and it would have been a crime for us to miss out on ozil because we signed higuain. . Rosicky and santi are also ageing.

The rest of this hindsight bs really should end. Who's to know that cesc would have been available this summer?
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:28 am

The hindsight bit is a fair argument. But now we're in such a predicament that we'd have to pay big money for the top strikers and we don't even know if they want to come. Benzema won't happen unless Suarez moves. Cavani will cost 60 million. Falcao perhaps the same. The remaining strikers (Mandzu or Balo) aren't as good as Suarez / Aguero / Dzeko / van Persie / Rooney / Costa, the lead CFs of our rivals... We're basically hands on our balls right now.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby uvrays » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:18 am

I think Wenger will settle for either a decent prem striker like Remy or Bony or a 'prominent' crappier league one like Martinez.

I hope he goes all out for Cavani though, I promise not to complain about Wenger for atleast another season if he signs Cavani. :Peace: :Peace:
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Youngie » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:32 pm

uvrays wrote:I hope he goes all out for Cavani though, I promise not to complain about Wenger for atleast another season if he signs Cavani. :Peace: :Peace:

You WOB's are a desperate bunch.

Lets rate Wenger on the merit of the specific point, and not let him go without criticism just because he's signed a player.

p.s your dreaming if you think we'll land Cavani
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby bengulnaci1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:44 pm

We won't be signing Cavani, sorry.
bengulnaci1
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby uvrays » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Youngie wrote:
uvrays wrote:I hope he goes all out for Cavani though, I promise not to complain about Wenger for atleast another season if he signs Cavani. :Peace: :Peace:

You WOB's are a desperate bunch.

Lets rate Wenger on the merit of the specific point, and not let him go without criticism just because he's signed a player.

p.s your dreaming if you think we'll land Cavani

I was being ironic when I said the Cavani part.

Lets rate Wenger at the merit of this point. In the past decade or so he has let go of many crucial WC players who would walk into our squad right now and improve our team significantly. Instead, they are playing for our rival title contenders. Nasri, RVP, and Cesc are some examples.

For all the 'Wenger is an economist' talk, he hasn't exactly made a decent profit on any of those sales. Now what happened when we tried to sign Suarez from Liverpool? They told us to stick it, because thats what clubs with ambition do.

Now, I have never said Wenger Out because he has done a lot of pretty amazing stuff as well, he stuck with Per, Kos and Ramsey. Full credit to him.

But criticizing him for outdated policies which lead to quality Arsenal players play for rivals does not make anyone part of a 'desperate bunch'.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby uvrays » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:09 pm

http://ladyarse.co.uk/2014/06/chelsea-manager-defends-arsenal-man/

Mo:
Ozil is Ozil. You cannot expect him to run from one end to another, to be the emotional leader and who pulls others with his aggressiveness. No, that’s not Mesut. Mesut is someone who makes the ball laugh. He needs the confidence of his teammates and to believe in him.

I guess I hate Mo slightly less now.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby uvrays » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:24 am

http://woolwich1886.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/whatll-ozil-have-to-do-to-silence-his.html

Even his best moments, his most-finely crafted passes, may suffer at the feet of lesser players, even at the feet of the world's best, if they fumble the chance he's spun for them.

At one level, the fault may be his. Perhaps he should keep the ball at his own feet more often, seeking to score for himself rather than serving up gilt-edged chances to those who will only flub it more often than finish it. Perhaps he should deliver wicked, thunderous shots, wherever they may go, if only to turn the conversation away from assists, key passes, and chances created and towards goals, shots-on-target, and conversion rates. Failing that, he might consider getting a little more histrionic when one of his passes does get flubbed. Maybe a few tantrums directed at Müller or Giroud (admitting a certain gap in class) would at least prove that he cares or draw a little more attention to himself.

After all, if we the fans and pundits didn't notice it, it didn't happen. Right? Right?

Could not agree more.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 am

Ozil's poor World Cup summed up;

:hail:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby uvrays » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 am

Callum, you made the elementary mistake of using facts. Facts can only tell us about what happens in the real world. Sports journos and certain retired players never dare trespass that territory.

But seriously, that screenshot is AWESOME.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zedie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:32 am

Callum wrote:Ozil's poor World Cup summed up;

:hail:

This translates to:

"Yeeer but ozil hasnt scored as much as the others so he has had a shit WC/season".

Some peoples opinions you just have to ignore and make your own mind up.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:32 am

Meh, I don't think stats tell you everything. Imo, James and Robben have been far better than him. He hasn't been bad at all though, is having a very decent/good world cup.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby Callum » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 am

Zedie wrote:This translates to:

"Yeeer but ozil hasnt scored as much as the others so he has had a shit WC/season".

Some peoples opinions you just have to ignore and make your own mind up.

The thing is Ozil's primary role in that Germany side is to create, not score. The stats in that screenshot are those a play maker should be judged on.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 am

Goals do get you noticed much more than chances created. They can make an otherwise average performance look great, or the lack of them make a great performance look average.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk