Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:34 pm

For anyone that didn't know, Ray Wilkins died today. He also had a lot to do with Talksport.

Of course, that soggy c*** Durham was on at 4 this afternoon and what did he want to talk about specifically? Ozil and Bellerin on social media.

Un f***ing believable. If there was any proof that the media have an agenda it's there.

That bloke makes me f***ing sick.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 pm

They definitely don't like us in the media, if we were doing exactly the same as Tottenham we'd be getting half the praise at best.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:20 pm

I would argue the following: It's not that the medias don't like Arsenal. In fact, they have been praising their self-sufficient model for a while. And they praised our beautiful football (when it still was a thing of beauty...a long time ago). They also, quite often, pointed out how Wenger is gold for them.

I feel they're disappointed to see Arsenal in this current state, falling down the pecking order and playing boring football. And to be honest, the medias reaction toward Arsenal echoes the overall tone of this board, which is a lot more critical of the team with the past years results and playing style not being to the fans liking. So, should we say that this board has an agenda against Arsenal? I don't think so. And I don't see or read the medias having an agenda against Arsenal either. The harsh criticism is to be expected when you're a "big club" failing to live up to expectations.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Good post, mess. Agreed.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 am

@mess
Respectfully disagree. Th media has adopted a massive double standard when it comes to Arsenal.
1. Wenger was always treated with suspicion on account of being Johnny Foreigner. Now they swoon at Guardiola, Mourinho and the like. When he put out teams without English players he was pillared by the media who now say nothing about other managers doing the same.
2. Wenger was criticized for his open brand of football with limited defense. Yet now that Klopp does it its exhilarating.
3. Wenger was slaughtered for not winning anything for years, yet I see no such criticism of Pochetino.

Wenger has been way ahead of his time. And while his powers have declined, he is a genius compared to other English managers and the garbage news media.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:14 am

Arsene Nose wrote:@mess
Respectfully disagree. Th media has adopted a massive double standard when it comes to Arsenal.
1. Wenger was always treated with suspicion on account of being Johnny Foreigner. Now they swoon at Guardiola, Mourinho and the like. When he put out teams without English players he was pillared by the media who now say nothing about other managers doing the same.
2. Wenger was criticized for his open brand of football with limited defense. Yet now that Klopp does it its exhilarating.
3. Wenger was slaughtered for not winning anything for years, yet I see no such criticism of Pochetino.

Wenger has been way ahead of his time. And while his powers have declined, he is a genius compared to other English managers and the garbage news media.

Utter garbage ....

1. For many years even during the early days before the never ending decline ... Wonger was the media darling, the debonair foreigner who 'revolutionized the English game' even as a fan it was bloody cringe-worthy ....

2. Wonger built his reputation on great defense, albeit one that fell in his lap, it's only since 2010 that we've regularly shipped 40 plus goals ...

3. Just about the only criticism of Poch is his lack of trophies, and remember he spends 121m on wages, whereas Wonger spends 220m ....

Wonger has won 3 English titles, the only manager with a similar number of years at a top club won 13 English titles, that's some feckin genius ...... even that **** Mourinho has 3 English titles (not forgetting his 5 foreign ones)

Wonger had a few years at the very top ... but to call him feckin' genius for a few good seasons, is like calling Bendtner world class just because he scored over ten goals twice .... it's just delusional .....

Luckily for us the media have Klopp, Poch, Pep, Conte and Mourinho and we tend to be ignored ... otherwise we'd be getting ripped a new one most weeks .... mid-table mediocrity not worthy of a mention when we win, millionaire failures when we lose ... sounds about right
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GBLShorty » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:42 am

Mesüt wrote:They definitely don't like us in the media, if we were doing exactly the same as Tottenham we'd be getting half the praise at best.

Tottenham are getting so much praise because they are a shitey club like Everton or West Ham in reality and over achieving, we are the third biggest team in England so it is expected for us to do well.
GBLShorty
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:30 pm

There really isn't. I remember in January 2002 reading a double page spread in the Mirror all about how Wenger was stamping out racism and praising his multi national team. At the time we had just played a match in which only two of our players were white. (Seaman and Senderos)

Point is by that early stage he was already lorded as a revolutionary manager and widely respected

He's got a lot of stick in the last 8,9 years and hes fuckin deserved it
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Arsene Nose » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:58 pm

UFGN wrote:There really isn't. I remember in January 2002 reading a double page spread in the Mirror all about how Wenger was stamping out racism and praising his multi national team. At the time we had just played a match in which only two of our players were white. (Seaman and Senderos)

Point is by that early stage he was already lorded as a revolutionary manager and widely respected

Lol... you remember an article from January 2002??? Wow, we have a new Stephen Hawking.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Arsene Nose wrote:
UFGN wrote:There really isn't. I remember in January 2002 reading a double page spread in the Mirror all about how Wenger was stamping out racism and praising his multi national team. At the time we had just played a match in which only two of our players were white. (Seaman and Senderos)

Lol... you remember an article from January 2002??? Wow, we have a new Stephen Hawking.

Unusual circumstances. I was in Monte Carlo working and bored out of my brain. I paid silly money for an English newspaper just for something to read, so it stuck in my mind
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Do you know what's more Anti-Arsenal than the media? ........... the AFC board.

They've done more damage to us than the fans or the media combined.

We went from top 2, to top 4, to now a true top 6 club.

Look at that slide, there are no signs as of yet that we are reversing that trend.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Mess » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm

While I don't agree with everything you wrote, I respect your opinion. I actually agree with you on point #3.

About point #2, I think the criticism never has been about playing attacking football with limited defense. It seems to me like the criticism has always been that Arsenal are "naive" defensively and failed to correct the same mistakes we see season after season. I think everyone likes an attacking team. Look at Manchester United: Mourinho is getting hamered for parking the bus and being defensive minded first.

About point #1, I started following Arsenal in 2001 so I can't speak about Arsène's arrival and how it was criticized. But truly, I would expect the same criticism or suspicion to arise with any big club replacing their managers with a completely unknown one...from a Japanese team! I would have the same reaction, similar to the one I had when Arsenal signed Takuma Asano. Of course, if the criticism was based solely on him being a "foreigner", that's completely unacceptable.
Mess
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Mesüt wrote:They definitely don't like us in the media, if we were doing exactly the same as Tottenham we'd be getting half the praise at best.

Probably because people actually have expectations for this club and know Tottenham have always been shit.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby starmandb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:36 pm

EliteKiller wrote:

Utter garbage ....

1. For many years even during the early days before the never ending decline ... Wonger was the media darling, the debonair foreigner who 'revolutionized the English game' even as a fan it was bloody cringe-worthy ....

2. Wonger built his reputation on great defense, albeit one that fell in his lap, it's only since 2010 that we've regularly shipped 40 plus goals ...

3. Just about the only criticism of Poch is his lack of trophies, and remember he spends 121m on wages, whereas Wonger spends 220m ....

Wonger has won 3 English titles, the only manager with a similar number of years at a top club won 13 English titles, that's some feckin genius ...... even that **** Mourinho has 3 English titles (not forgetting his 5 foreign ones)

Wonger had a few years at the very top ... but to call him feckin' genius for a few good seasons, is like calling Bendtner world class just because he scored over ten goals twice .... it's just delusional .....

Luckily for us the media have Klopp, Poch, Pep, Conte and Mourinho and we tend to be ignored ... otherwise we'd be getting ripped a new one most weeks .... mid-table mediocrity not worthy of a mention when we win, millionaire failures when we lose ... sounds about right

Seaman Dixon winterburn bould and Adams conceded 49 goals in 94/95
It still remains the worst home season I have ever seen and I have been going 48 years
A rejuvenated by Wenger defence conceded 17 goals in 98/99
In 07/08 almunia clichy sagna toure and gallas conceded 31 goals
Up until the implosion at Birmingham Wenger had done a fine job at arsenal
The real utter garbage is suggesting that he just walked in and inherited a great defence
It was beginning to leak and fail
He was that good
He ain't anymore
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsene Nose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:14 am

@mess
Klopp also makes the same mistakes every season. He plays the same brand of football no matter what. That’s why he hardly ever wins the league with the teams he manages. Don’t expect that to change with Liverpool. But he’s the darling of the media.
Arsene Nose
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk