Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Is there an anti-Arsenal agenda going on?

Postby Santi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:58 pm

But you've jsut said it yourself, the best players at Spurs are underpaid so saying they're 6th/7th on the wage bill is a false position.

Compare squad for squad and first XI for first XI, they've been top 3 for the last 3 years, if not the best (15/16) and yet they've won fvck all. Last year they had a far better team than Liverpool but Klopp got so much more out of his players, Poch just plays boring football and hopes Kane can bang them in.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 am

Have to admit starting to feel that way, there's one thing like Gary Neville calling us a pub team today but we're even being attacked by our own ex players.

When other teams lose there's a bit of moaning from the fans, when we lose its armageddon.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 am

They are all like vultures. Circling around and waiting to get their fill from our demise.

The most disappointing for me is when our ex players join in with the kicking. There are some like Adams, Wright and Dixon, who do it with constructive criticism and sincerity, and a genuine concern for Arsenal F.C. But others like Merson and Robson just love putting the boot in and making a big deal out of it. I've gone right off Paul Merson. He is a complete arsehole. Joining in with ex United, Liverpool and Tottenham players to slag us off.

Charlie Nicholas is a diamond. He always has our back.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:11 am

The answer is, in my opinion, that there's no more an anti-Arsenal agenda going on than there's an anti-[insert a big club here] agenda whenever that team happens not to do well.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:33 am

PairyGrows wrote:The answer is, in my opinion, that there's no more an anti-Arsenal agenda going on than there's an anti-[insert a big club here] agenda whenever that team happens not to do well.

If our manager had the preseason Mourhino had he'd be lynched.

Emery had a near perfect pre-season, then lost to a superior team who is expected to win i.e the best team in England and the circus following almost came off the wheels.

Its a disgrace and complete and utter knee jerk.

Tbh I'm in the mind that the media (who have actually been the kindest) our salty ex players and some of our fans can p*ss off, I'm just going to try and ignore the sad little gits and enjoy my season.
I'm happy with the squad bar one or two signings, I'm happy with manager, happy to support season long barring any bizarre choices by Emery.

I wanted an Arsenal manager to be under more pressure so they don't feel they can do what Wenger did and waste seasons relying on philosophies which are not bearing fruit year after year ............ but this backlash is too much, we lost to teams similar to West Ham last year, what's with the chaos post a City loss?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Gutter journalist Adrian Durham having a mental breakdown about Arsenal -

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Bit rich coming from him
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Swan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 pm

What a waste of skin
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Phil71 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Durham is a radio troll.

He even had a go at his co-host this evening, saying Jason Cundy can’t be a proper Chelsea fan because he played against them with other clubs.

He chucks bait out through his mic to get irate people ringing up.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 pm

Always made me laugh tbh
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm

Phil71 wrote:Durham is a radio troll.

He even had a go at his co-host this evening, saying Jason Cundy can’t be a proper Chelsea fan because he played against them with other clubs.

Cundy is a little bitch.

He was sort of backing Durham up on twitter about an hour ago putting in his little bit on Arsenal fans.

Talksport is dead now. Rarely listen to it. Sometimes tune in the morning when they actually have adults/ex pros etc on their who have a genuine opinion but after that it's just a troll show for Durham and the rest of his merry men. Surprised it's still knocking about but evidently on tonight's little stunt they are struggling for views/streams so Durham decided to go on a little rant.

Prick.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:01 am

No mention of city's corruption, probably paid off the prick
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100

Postby Phil71 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:28 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:

Cundy is a little bitch.

He was sort of backing Durham up on twitter about an hour ago putting in his little bit on Arsenal fans.

Talksport is dead now. Rarely listen to it. Sometimes tune in the morning when they actually have adults/ex pros etc on their who have a genuine opinion but after that it's just a troll show for Durham and the rest of his merry men. Surprised it's still knocking about but evidently on tonight's little stunt they are struggling for views/streams so Durham decided to go on a little rant.

Prick.

His show is just trolling. It’s the only one I don’t like.

The mid morning show with Jim White is ok. The afternoon show with Hawksbie & Jacobs is often very good. Danny Kelly is good in the evenings.

I like the weekend breakfast shows with Georgie Bingham and Tony Cascarino.

The Sunday mid morning show is also very good, with Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning. Very funny.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 pm

Phil71 wrote:
SuperJackyWilshere wrote:

Cundy is a little bitch.

Prick.

His show is just trolling. It’s the only one I don’t like.

The mid morning show with Jim White is ok. The afternoon show with Hawksbie & Jacobs is often very good. Danny Kelly is good in the evenings.

I like the weekend breakfast shows with Georgie Bingham and Tony Cascarino.

The Sunday mid morning show is also very good, with Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning. Very funny.

Yeah this is true. I usually have Jim White on at work during the transfer windows because they cover it really well and get a lot of breaking news.

They've actually had some good shows over the past few months when Parlour has been on. Told some cracking Arsenal related stories in his time. Would love them to get both him and Wrighty on there at some point.

Have you heard or know who Laura Woods is? She's been on a lot recently but has just got a bigger role on Sky Sports. Amazing presenter. Arsenal fan aswell ;)
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Zenith wrote:Gutter journalist Adrian Durham having a mental breakdown about Arsenal -

We wore the Leicester fox on our armbands last week when no other club did. Enough said.

We are the classiest club in the world, Durham is a lower class peasant.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk