Complacency and poor attitude

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Complacency and poor attitude

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 pm

I hate to be negative as we won. But what the hell was the last 55 mins? We played a team who had no confidence, no form and far inferior. It was like out players thought the game was over and it was too easy. Ok we held on in the end, but that game should have been buried long time and it was like we were giving them every bit of encouragement and as time went on they believed more and more. The annoying thing is the signs were there end of first half and Wenger should have woken them up
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Complacency and poor attitude

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I agree.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Pudpop » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:09 pm

gooney wrote:I hate to be negative

:grin:

Sorry lol couldn't resist. But you are right.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Pudpop wrote:
gooney wrote:I hate to be negative

:grin:

Sorry lol couldn't resist. But you are right.

Honestly Im fuming. How can we be so relaxed?
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Gooney first of all be honest. You said Jack will be sent off and will be awful yet he was voted the man of the match. You wanted us to loose this game we won. I know we let our guard drop and panicked in the second half but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:19 pm

A thread on this? Anything for a bit of attention.

We could afford to be complacent because Villa were so poor.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooney » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Gooney first of all be honest. You said Jack will be sent off and will be awful yet he was voted the man of the match. You wanted us to loose this game we won. I know we let our guard drop and panicked in the second half but you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Absolutely not mate. Its not the first time this has happened and its inexcusable for that to happen. This started end of first half and Wenger should have had serious word. Kill the game of. We did the opposite and did everything to encourage them. Had that Benteke header gone in you wouldnt be saying that. You have to look beyond the result to see the signs
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Who cares, we won. Doesn't matter how. Winning is all that matters.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 pm

Classic Gooney
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby RowdyRoddyPoppins » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 pm

I totally agree, Gooney has become Complacent and has a bad attitude.
RowdyRoddyPoppins
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 pm

It is the attitude which cost us in the past but only this time our defence did not partake in such foolishness and that is why we may just ride out the remnants of this unwanted and seemingly fading characteristic.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:30 am

Although we won, I agree with the sentiment.

We haven't been killing teams off as easily as we could've this season, we tend to take our foot off the gas when we're ahead.

If we continue with this nonchalant approach when leading, eventually it will bite us in the butt and cost us points. We need to be more ruthless.

We can coast once we get a 3 goals lead, not before.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:55 am

to be honest i agree with gooney, was really dissapointed with sanit, ozil, rosicky and giroud after our first 2 goals.

I think the guiltiest of complaceny must have been ozil and santi. Both players need to buckle up
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooney » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:27 am

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Although we won, I agree with the sentiment.

We haven't been killing teams off as easily as we could've this season, we tend to take our foot off the gas when we're ahead.

If we continue with this nonchalant approach when leading, eventually it will bite us in the butt and cost us points. We need to be more ruthless.

We can coast once we get a 3 goals lead, not before.

Exactly. Villa were in absolutely shocking form and had no confidence and the two goals made the whole stadium dead and there players shoulders slumped. The annoying thing is our players saw this and thought the game is over, lets have some fun. We saw what happened when they scored how it lifted their players and crowd, Had that Benteke gone in this would be one of the worst way I have see us drop points. I hope Wenger have a word with them about this
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby defcon2005 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 am

i think the second half today was a result of the new arsenal , the we will do enough to win result is king .
at the time we were 2 nil up with very little threat to our goal and the attitude was why go apeshit and get another 6 when we dont need to
this current arsenal side have sacrificed our previous cavalier beautiful attacking game which has got us very little in the way of trophies over the last few years for a more solid compromise..
i admit we overcooked the cigar mode in the second half and it nearly bit us on the ass but we won and thats 15 wins out of 21 1st place, top, nemero uno,
its another 7 games before the last 10 game run in and we are still bloody in it..........if the wheels come off then we should have a moan but until then we might just pull this off
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk