Arsenal tickets

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Arsenal tickets

Postby UFGN » Sat May 18, 2019 12:41 pm

Santi wrote:
UFGN wrote:If you really wanted to do it you probably still could. Off the top of my head id guess the cheapest route would be via Moscow now. But you'd need two visas. Its ridiculous

There are still options, just depends on how much time you can get off work. You can go via Istanbul on Tues for just over £400. Moscow is still an option as well and you don’t need a visa if you only transit I don’t think. Sofia on the Monday was being shouted about as well.

Waiting on my Azerbaijan visa and flying from Venice anyway so gets a bit more difficult and haven’t booked my flights yet.

Flying from Venice you'll probably be better off

Train to Milan then you've got more options cos its a bigger airport
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Santi » Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Aye I looked but It’s so expensive from Milan for some reason.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby north bank gooner » Sat May 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Santi wrote:
UFGN wrote:If you really wanted to do it you probably still could. Off the top of my head id guess the cheapest route would be via Moscow now. But you'd need two visas. Its ridiculous

There are still options, just depends on how much time you can get off work. You can go via Istanbul on Tues for just over £400. Moscow is still an option as well and you don’t need a visa if you only transit I don’t think. Sofia on the Monday was being shouted about as well.

Waiting on my Azerbaijan visa and flying from Venice anyway so gets a bit more difficult and haven’t booked my flights yet.

Going via Istanbul on Tues coming back Thurs is still over £1k if you want to only have one change and get there quick. Otherwise its a 20 hour or more journey each way, some of the flights leaving Tuesday night will only just get you into Baku on time. The quickest flights with connections via Istanbul as I say are min £1.1k. I looked at nearly every flight leaving London airports last night. It's grim.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Sat May 18, 2019 5:07 pm

north bank gooner wrote:
Santi wrote:

Going via Istanbul on Tues coming back Thurs is still over £1k if you want to only have one change and get there quick. Otherwise its a 20 hour or more journey each way, some of the flights leaving Tuesday night will only just get you into Baku on time. The quickest flights with connections via Istanbul as I say are min £1.1k. I looked at nearly every flight leaving London airports last night. It's grim.

That’s complete rubbish, I looked this morning and direct flights to Istanbul and back are £277 if you come back on the weekend. The ones from Istanbul have gone up today (duh it’s saturday) but you can still get there 3 hours before kick off for the price I said. Don’t love it either but might have to do it tbh.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sat May 18, 2019 5:25 pm

What about Tbilisi then hire a car?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby UFGN » Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm

This is the problem you see. More than hotels and more than direct flights

Unless you're rich you're not going to take a direct flight to a cup final

Its all about via here or there or train part of the way. If its at a major city you've got loads of possibilities. Baku youve got hardly any. Uefa have f***ked everyone

UFGN

Postby north bank gooner » Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Santi wrote:
north bank gooner wrote:
Santi wrote:

That’s complete rubbish, I looked this morning and direct flights to Istanbul and back are £277 if you come back on the weekend. The ones from Istanbul have gone up today (duh it’s saturday) but you can still get there 3 hours before kick off for the price I said. Don’t love it either but might have to do it tbh.

The game isn't in Istanbul mate ;).

Seriously though, who wants to stay in Baku or Istanbul until Saturday? By the time you have factored in the additional 2 nights accommodation, what difference will it make?

Your prices are cheaper because you are not travelling back when the bulk of football fans are. Swings and roundabouts, change that date to Thursday and watch the prices go up. I was looking on a flight scraper as well, so not like the prices aren't going to be more or less as cheap as they are going to be. We were looking at 10 hours with a minimal stopover, your way and you will be sat in Istanbul for hours and you'll be on some ropey airline like pegasus or Azerbaijan airways.

Im not going to argue about prices, because regardless its still a ball ache getting somewhere the final should never have been awarded to in the first place.

Just one thought for you, as you have broken up your flight rather than connected them. There is a very good chance :think: you will have to get yourself from arrivals in istanbul over to the departures lounge and check in again, both ways. This applies especially if the airlines you are using are not partners.
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Surely you just find a cheap last minute package holiday to turkey for the week and find a way from there?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby whee » Sun May 19, 2019 7:33 am

The two I picked up in the ballot are available, £75 each face value, but happy to take offers from any non-bellends. They're in block 512, upper tier on the halfway line.

I've got another two in the Arsenal end, flights and accommodation (eventually) sorted. Can't fuckin wait, come on The Arsenal.
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am

whee wrote:The two I picked up in the ballot are available, £75 each face value, but happy to take offers from any non-bellends. They're in block 512, upper tier on the halfway line.

I've got another two in the Arsenal end, flights and accommodation (eventually) sorted. Can't fuckin wait, come on The Arsenal.

Well done mate

Give the Chav scum some extra hate from me

UFGN

Postby north bank gooner » Sun May 19, 2019 9:55 am

whee wrote:The two I picked up in the ballot are available, £75 each face value, but happy to take offers from any non-bellends. They're in block 512, upper tier on the halfway line.

Even with a few thousand the Arsenal end will be buzzing. Given we are right next to the Chelski fans I dare say there will be some banter flying around.

It's cost me a fortune, but I am now looking forward to it. Need to get some info on where the Gooners will meet up before the game. Possibly some central square with bars.
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby whee » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 am

Yeah there's Freedom and Fountain Squares, hopefully be a decent atmosphere. We get there late afternoon the day before the game, no doubt wake up feeling a little shabby on the 29th. A late start that day won't do any harm though, given the kick off time!
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby north bank gooner » Sun May 19, 2019 11:22 am

We are also in on the 29th, early evening. Staying very central so no doubt will find other gooners out on the lash!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Santi » Tue May 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Managed to get in on 29th landing at 3pm. Hope everything works out as it’s a proper ballache route via istanbul and Tbilisi. Had a great flight from Istanbul getting me in at 11:30pm on Tues night but wasted the time having a barney over the whole trip with the Mrs and the flight was gone by then.

Spent just over £500 in total for the return journey. Not as bad as I expected but when I had it for £250 after the 3-1 win over Valencia...it’s a little bit annoying :D
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby whee » Wed May 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Santi wrote:Managed to get in on 29th landing at 3pm. Hope everything works out as it’s a proper ballache route via istanbul and Tbilisi. Had a great flight from Istanbul getting me in at 11:30pm on Tues night but wasted the time having a barney over the whole trip with the Mrs and the flight was gone by then.

Spent just over £500 in total for the return journey. Not as bad as I expected but when I had it for £250 after the 3-1 win over Valencia...it’s a little bit annoying :D

Haha, that's not as bad as some mate, so if she gives you too much earache just remind her there are people paying well into 4 figures for it haha! :arsesmile:
whee
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk