Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Özim » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Sims wrote:So you don’t want Mustafi playing today and you want David Luiz to play in midfield

Ozim out here wanting us to play a defensive pairing of 1 knee Rob Holding & Zech Medley

U thick


Obviously not today pal and you call me thick :lol:

Holding could have played instead of Mustafi.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Do people forget how bad emery was, seems like people expected us to get the wizard of oz in charge
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9566
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:I've just realised I've never heard him speak as an Arsenal manager. Didn't listen to crap he spewed when he joined or pre/post match interviews.

He truly has turned fans off.

I've read what he said. Said all the right things but on the pitch he's been a disaster.


He talked a good game (something we're all familiar with as our players have talked a good game for a decade and then flopped on the pitch), sadly on the pitch execution has been very poor, seemed to be happy with today and just settled on blaming VAR it seems, you make your own luck, just look at Liverpool.

Some people bought into the hype, I didn't.

It's just amazing how at the same time we need a manager, there is a man who's won multiple league titles and CLs and would love to come here but we don't go for him. A man every Arsenal fan would love to have and get behind. His name is Carlo Ancelotti. He'd have given the whole place a lift. Look at Everton ffs. Lost one game away to city where they'd played well. We get a damp squib of amanager who has won one game.

It's just baffling. Board have had a shocker.

Didn't pay attention to the ancelotti is past it brigade and Arteta brings the unknown factor. If you know something about football, you know Arteta would be a joke and alas that's what's happened unfortunately. As I said previously it's a tough enough job for an experience man. For a bag carrier? Practically impossible.

I think we'll get enough points to stay up this season and hopefully the board will right this terrible wrong in the summer and we can move on.
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13846
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby VCC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

VCC wrote:
Özim wrote:
VCC wrote:His 2nd tier makeshift LB Saka was the best player on the pitch today,
Give Arteta time his defence is going to look very different we are just going to have to weather the storm until summer


He's sticking with Xhaka, playing Mustafi and not giving Ceballos a chance, Guendouzi came on too late and Nketiah isn't going to win us any games right now, should have stuck with Lacazette.

Just nor impressed with this guys' decision making, if he also agreed for us to bring that 3rd choice CB from PSG have to question his judgment on that as well.

Always said he's not got time for me, we had 13 years of Wenger underperforming, followed by 18 months of Emery, I'm not going to keep giving a manager a free pass, he needed to hit the ground running, so far he's been poor IMO, I was never convinced before he arrived, if anything I'm even less convinced now.

Today we played the best performing defence in the league with our best striker in the stand, our own defence has capitulated to injury so that was at best makeshift,
Today had draw written all over it !!!
What I see that is possitive is we now compete and win 50/50 balls, the mindset on the pitch is evolving
User avatar
VCC
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8161
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:04 am

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby elkanofan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Only made 1 substitution today. my only real criticism along with leaving that nothing player on all game.

Have to mention this because it really shows hes a rookie and errors like this will happen time after time.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13737
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Do people forget how bad emery was, seems like people expected us to get the wizard of oz in charge

He was never Arteta level bad.

I don't understand the logic of sacking a manager and then bringing in someone worse when there are better managers available.

We went for the cheap option and it's showing.

Allegri is ready to come back to football in the summer. I didn't want him at first but he is arguably the biggest summer signing we can make.
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13846
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Marsbar100 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Ach wrote:
Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:I've just realised I've never heard him speak as an Arsenal manager. Didn't listen to crap he spewed when he joined or pre/post match interviews.

He truly has turned fans off.

I've read what he said. Said all the right things but on the pitch he's been a disaster.


He talked a good game (something we're all familiar with as our players have talked a good game for a decade and then flopped on the pitch), sadly on the pitch execution has been very poor, seemed to be happy with today and just settled on blaming VAR it seems, you make your own luck, just look at Liverpool.

Some people bought into the hype, I didn't.

It's just amazing how at the same time we need a manager, there is a man who's won multiple league titles and CLs and would love to come here but we don't go for him. A man every Arsenal fan would love to have and get behind. His name is Carlo Ancelotti. He'd have given the whole place a lift. Look at Everton ffs. Lost one game away to city where they'd played well. We get a damp squib of amanager who has won one game.

It's just baffling. Board have had a shocker.

Didn't pay attention to the ancelotti is past it brigade and Arteta brings the unknown factor. If you know something about football, you know Arteta would be a joke and alas that's what's happened unfortunately. As I said previously it's a tough enough job for an experience man. For a bag carrier? Practically impossible.

I think we'll get enough points to stay up this season and hopefully the board will right this terrible wrong in the summer and we can move on.

Wouldn't of had a problem with ancelotti but let's be real Silva left a far better squad than what emery did.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
User avatar
Marsbar100
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9566
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Tony Adams » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Tactics and man management need to improve massively imo :shifty:
Image
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 35699
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Inshallah half the forum perishes
Image
User avatar
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016
 
Posts: 30377
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Location: East London

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Ach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:38 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Tactics and man management need to improve massively imo :shifty:

Time for Allegri to come home?
Ach
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13846
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Özim » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Tony Adams wrote:Tactics and man management need to improve massively imo :shifty:


Agreed, that's one thing a decent manager does, whatever players you have you can organise them better and improve them tactically as well, not seeing a lot of that at the moment.
Özim
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby FARM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:18 pm

Not liking Arteta's subs, he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to bring subs on and it seems like he is following what Wenger did to a tee in terms of subs
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
User avatar
FARM
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 am
Location: The Farm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:22 pm

FARM wrote:Not liking Arteta's subs, he takes wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too long to bring subs on and it seems like he is following what Wenger did to a tee in terms of subs


He a Wenger man. As a player he was little more then useless - very much part of an era where we were declining and as captain he offered nothing on the field. So far he has been a disaster as a manager, moderately less so than Emery.

If you want to understand the type of manager we actually need, given our squad, you only needed to look across to the other bench today.
I thought we got our Arsenal back - but we got Emery
User avatar
jayramfootball
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Jedi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Not the greatest performance, i have to admit. I'm sure Cripps and Ozim will be celebrating that we didn't win, but it's not all negative. At least we're finally controlling possession. We just need to work on making more out of it. Our offensive output simply isn't good enough.
User avatar
Jedi
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5308
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Nuggets » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:Do people forget how bad emery was, seems like people expected us to get the wizard of oz in charge


OR a manager with some experience... ;)
Image
User avatar
Nuggets
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Sunny Turkey, now.

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brandwatch [Bot] and 3 guests