Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby theHotHead » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Arteta second fastest to 50 wins as Arsenal manager, doing it in 94 games, just behind George Graham who did it in 89 games.
Wenger 3rd on 98, Herbert Chapman on 101 in 4th

Small factoid. Wenger won the double during that period and Arteta finished eighth.

And Wenger gave us the best football the club has ever seen. Meanwhile Arteta breaks records for fewest shots and goals etc.

I was just pointing out that the apparently worsesesest manager of all time who allegedly knows less about football than some randoms on a forum has reached 50 wins faster than any other Arsenal manager except GG.

I guess if one so awful can have one of the all time best win rates as an Arsenal manager, it kind of suggests that managers are indeed not very important.

That achievement in isolation means nothing. Winning a load of dead games against dead teams while not presenting a style of play and without knowing which players he should play is the other side.

Wenger took the hit of results while trying to create a style of play, Klopp did the same. The fruit of both of their labour was there to see. 2 seasons on and an 8th place finish later nobody has a freekin clue what Arteta is trying to do - apart from spend his way into finding a system that works. Any fool can do that. Beating a bunch of teams we should be beating 9 times out of 10 doesn't convince me a corner has been turned, we drew with Brighton and C Palace and played shit in both games.

2nd fastest to 50 having spent the most money and played the shittest football is no great achievement.

11 of those wins have come against Utd, City, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.
Oh, and most of the money he spent this year did not factor into his first 50 games.
The goal was reached after the Spurs game.

It is what it is.
I am still wondering how such an awful manager could have won 50 games faster than every other manager in Arsenal's history bar GG.
:dontknow:

Mate he started spending Money in the summer of 2020, then he had Winter 2020, then he had summer 2021, three transfer windows and spent close to £250m spent. So they absolutely did contribute to getting to 50
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Hypergooner » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:19 am

In fairness to Arteta I do understand what he's trying to build. He clearly trying to get some passion back in the club and build a team that only except success. He says all the right things to that end.
I'd almost say over the last few wins I can see what style he's tring to play also. I'm not yet convinced it works though. The attack still drop way too deep, way to often to be affective. We end up getting penned in by the good teams.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Arteta second fastest to 50 wins as Arsenal manager, doing it in 94 games, just behind George Graham who did it in 89 games.

Small factoid. Wenger won the double during that period and Arteta finished eighth.

And Wenger gave us the best football the club has ever seen. Meanwhile Arteta breaks records for fewest shots and goals etc.

I was just pointing out that the apparently worsesesest manager of all time who allegedly knows less about football than some randoms on a forum has reached 50 wins faster than any other Arsenal manager except GG.

I guess if one so awful can have one of the all time best win rates as an Arsenal manager, it kind of suggests that managers are indeed not very important.

That achievement in isolation means nothing. Winning a load of dead games against dead teams while not presenting a style of play and without knowing which players he should play is the other side.

Wenger took the hit of results while trying to create a style of play, Klopp did the same. The fruit of both of their labour was there to see. 2 seasons on and an 8th place finish later nobody has a freekin clue what Arteta is trying to do - apart from spend his way into finding a system that works. Any fool can do that. Beating a bunch of teams we should be beating 9 times out of 10 doesn't convince me a corner has been turned, we drew with Brighton and C Palace and played shit in both games.

2nd fastest to 50 having spent the most money and played the shittest football is no great achievement.

Oh, and most of the money he spent this year did not factor into his first 50 games.

It is what it is.
I am still wondering how such an awful manager could have won 50 games faster than every other manager in Arsenal's history bar GG.

Every stat other than the league table. Nobody gives a toss about his 50 games or BS top four form you keeping spouting. He’s tenth in the league and that’s all that matters.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:17 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

It is what it is.

Every stat other than the league table. Nobody gives a toss about his 50 games or BS top four form you keeping spouting. He’s tenth in the league and that’s all that matters.

Correct, all the rest is bollocks. :clap: :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:59 am

Nuggets wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

It is what it is.

So the only important thing is where we are in the league after 9 games?
Dear oh dear.
Wins don't matter, Fa Cup's don't matter..
:rolleyes:

The point is quite clear - it makes zero sense to espouse that Arteta is as bad a manager as painted on these forums by some, when in fact his record at the club shows he wins a comparatively higher percentage of his games compared to other Arsenal managers (3rd all time).
Also currently on an 8 game unbeaten run with 6 wins and 2 draws.

Not bad for the worsesest manager eva.
Imagine if we had one of the forum members here as manager instead... we'd definitely be champions. :sneaky2:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:34 am

His record at the club so far is an eighth place finish in his first full season and tenth presently. That’s it.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:41 am

swipe right wrote:His record at the club so far is an eighth place finish in his first full season and tenth presently. That’s it.

No, he's also won an FA Cup if we only want to look at outcomes. Beating Liverpool to win the CS was also good, but lets leave that aside.
FA Cup and 8th.
10th with 9 games gone is not an outcome.

All that said - the point remains... his record of wins means that he's either not as bad as made out OR we should get one of you chaps to win us the league easily. :dizzy:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Nuggets » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:26 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

It is what it is.

So the only important thing is where we are in the league after 9 games?
Dear oh dear.
Wins don't matter, Fa Cup's don't matter..
:rolleyes:

The point is quite clear - it makes zero sense to espouse that Arteta is as bad a manager as painted on these forums by some, when in fact his record at the club shows he wins a comparatively higher percentage of his games compared to other Arsenal managers (3rd all time).
Also currently on an 8 game unbeaten run with 6 wins and 2 draws.

Not bad for the worsesest manager eva.
Imagine if we had one of the forum members here as manager instead... we'd definitely be champions. :sneaky2:

His record in this club is shite no matter how to try to big it up, looks like you are ok with mediocrity but some of us aren't. :sneaky2:
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm

From The Athletic
Utd struggling, but Arteta's defence is very good.
Numbers below even include the City 5-0.

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:29 pm

jayramfootball wrote:From The Athletic

This is an exact reason of why your viewed as the class clown, you do it to yourself.

"All competitions" ........... we're not even in fkin Europe, your basically comparing the Carabao cup to Champions league games.

Then to top it all off, all that matters, stats be damned is this one ..............

So while we may be first in your list of competitions where we don't even have any high level comps that we're in, you can't wriggle out of the only stat that matters.

Fans like you excusing our new battered standards and trying to make out like its acceptable are what's turning AFC into a freak show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:46 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

This is an exact reason of why your viewed as the class clown, you do it to yourself.

"All competitions" ........... we're not even in fkin Europe, your basically comparing the Carabao cup to Champions league games.

Then to top it all off, all that matters, stats be damned is this one ..............

So while we may be first in your list of competitions where we don't even have any high level comps that we're in, you can't wriggle out of the only stat that matters.

Fans like you excusing our new battered standards and trying to make out like its acceptable are what's turning AFC into a freak show.

:clap: spot on :clap:
Nuggets

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Lol.
Our defence has been good for some time, as the numbers show.
Not sure why the good news distresses you.

As for high level of comps - we're in the PL , pal. That is as high as it gets for difficulty week in week out. Nothing else comes close.
'Don't have any high-level competitions that we're in'???? You muppet. :lol:
If anything the mix of our games has been tougher because some of the other teams have been playing in the crappy group stages of the Europa League and the Europa Conference League.

I quite like The Athletic as a source.
a nice contrast to the laughable comments from entrenched doomers here.

As for the table after 9 games.. meh.
First 3 games were a write off with injuries and covid, since then we've been one of the best teams in the league and as our great form continues it gets bleaker and bleaker for those who have been wallowing in negativity for months. You'll just have to hope we lose a few i guess, so you can carry on bleating.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:05 pm

We're tenth best
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hypergooner » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:13 am

I'm as on the fence over Arteta as most given the 8th place finishes and poor tactics at times but it can't be over looked that we have won a cup since he has been in charge and are currently on a good run of form. We're only 3 points off 4th as it stands and don't have the poor mans European games to bog us down after Christmas.
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby swipe right » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:59 am

Every game is a cup final for him. The pressure is on.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk