Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:51 pm

Even if it's in the 10-12 million mark, he hasn't done much to merit that since his last renewal.

Would be wise to heed the words of Southgate:

“I’ve been here almost eight years now and we’ve come close. You can’t constantly put yourself in front of the public and say, ‘A little more please’, as at some point people lose faith. If we want to be a great team and I want to be a top coach, you must deliver in big moments.”
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:27 pm

That entirely depends on the employer and the goals they have set for their employees. We don't know what the agreements been between Josh , Edu and Arteta.
Outsiders have a certain perception which could be very different when seen from closed quarters. We don't exactly know the complexities they face on the ground.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:32 pm

ag6789 wrote:That entirely depends on the employer and the goals they have set for their employees. We don't know what the agreements been between Josh , Edu and Arteta.
Outsiders have a certain perception which could be very different when seen from closed quarters. We don't exactly know the complexities they face on the ground.

If the goals for the board and management team isn't to be as successful as possible on the pitch then they can both f**k off.

I know you like to make excuses for our failures. You've been doing it for a while but ultimately there is one goal. Win trophies. You might not like it but that's the way it is
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:11 pm

Goal is to win trophies always. Think that's what the club is striving for. Just your timeline doesn't match with theirs.
They are trying to get there through a realistic path, they feel would work, whereas yours is: since X,Y or Z has done it ( maybe by buying the league, maybe they have found the best man at the right time by luck) , so it must be done now, by hook or crook.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:21 pm

It's been 4 years..... lol
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:29 pm

ag6789 wrote:Goal is to win trophies always. Think that's what the club is striving for. Just your timeline doesn't match with theirs.
They are trying to get there through a realistic path, they feel would work, whereas yours is: since X,Y or Z has done it ( maybe by buying the league, maybe they have found the best man at the right time by luck) , so it must be done now, by hook or crook.

Did Leicester buy the league to win an FA cup in 2021?

Man U in 2024?

Does Arteta have to reach Rishi Sunak's tax bracket before we can expect something?

Note that I am comparing Arteta to average teams and managers.

The defenders always talk about him in relation to Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti to make him look like an underdog, when he's not even on the same planet as those guys.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ag6789 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:51 pm

Leicester win was a flash in a pan which happens once a blue moon, followed by player sales and eventually getting relegated ( Blackburn Rovers, and we don't want to be that) ; Liverpool lucked out w/ Klopp ,an experienced, quality manager, at the right time. Pep chose ManCity w/ oil money, he knew, will ease his way to success ( would never come to Arsenal, where he'll have to go through some real pain. He isn't that fellow, period).
All others, mostly been a miss at PL...we know all that. If you think Hag's FA is a great success, and they are on the right path... you've trumped me, all hands up.
Think ( real supporters) we are on the right path, and the future looks bright. Will win many trophies and be a dominant team for years.
Arteta is only 42 compared to others in their mid fifties- sixties.Time is on his side.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:29 am

ag6789 wrote:Leicester win was a flash in a pan which happens once a blue moon, followed by player sales and eventually getting relegated ( Blackburn Rovers, and we don't want to be that) ; Liverpool lucked out w/ Klopp ,an experienced, quality manager, at the right time. Pep chose ManCity w/ oil money, he knew, will ease his way to success ( would never come to Arsenal, where he'll have to go through some real pain. He isn't that fellow, period).
All others, mostly been a miss at PL...we know all that. If you think Hag's FA is a great success, and they are on the right path... you've trumped me, all hands up.
Think ( real supporters) we are on the right path, and the future looks bright. Will win many trophies and be a dominant team for years.
Arteta is only 42 compared to others in their mid fifties- sixties.Time is on his side.

....any idea when that will start? :dontknow:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:32 am

Meanwhile the cow jumped over the moon
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby 22-0 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:34 am

Words dont matter at this point. this season we either win it or regress that will be the answer.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:58 am

I'm not upset that he is getting a payrise, I am also not in agreement with the clamour for him to leave/get sacked.

I do agree that he needs to win something now though.

My prevailing feeling is feeling a connection with Arsenal again, being proud to support the team because we are competing again, not having that feeling of doom, gloom and despair. Arteta has brought those feelings back, I no longer cringe when people try to make jokes about us. Not sure how long this feeling will last but I am enjoying it !!!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:18 am

Yes he definitely needs to start winning things. Going close in the league has been exciting, but we've not put much effort into the domestic Cups, which would be a good starting point. I appreciate he stumbled onto a win at the outset, but since then its been a dismal experience!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:28 am

Well look at Ten Hag, he won trophies in back to back seasons and they are saying his contract will be extended.

Let that be a lesson to all of you that c;laim finishing nowhere in the legue but winning trophies is failure. Winning trophies is absolute, it goes into the history books and whats in the history books is what will be remembered for eternity !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:36 am

theHotHead wrote:Well look at Ten Hag, he won trophies in back to back seasons and they are saying his contract will be extended.

Let that be a lesson to all of you that c;laim finishing nowhere in the legue but winning trophies is failure. Winning trophies is absolute, it goes into the history books and whats in the history books is what will be remembered for eternity !

We are writing our own woke record books , it's all about pretty football and top 4 trophy for participating in CL.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:23 am

VCC wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Well look at Ten Hag, he won trophies in back to back seasons and they are saying his contract will be extended.

We are writing our own woke record books , it's all about pretty football and top 4 trophy for participating in CL.

mmmmm that sounds familiar. :rolleyes:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk