Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:If he wants to buy Lingard I would lose all confidence in him. So far he has shown nothing and his first transfer window was trash. What we buy as club will say a lot about arteta as manager

While I appreciate the banter of blaming coaches at Arsenal for transfer activities, we have passed that phase. Oh, we have.

Arteta will have his say on transfers but he won't be the one authorizing them. That's Sanllehi and Edu's job. So, blame them if we decide to buy Lingard.

Do we have such a hard policy in place? I can't believe Raul and Edu would go ahead with a transfer if Arteta objected with any strength.

My guess is they are out there finding players, and would sign younger players without too much consultation with Arteta. But when it comes to first team signings I can't believe he wouldn't play a central role in the final decision.

The whole directorial level setup was to ensure one man didn't have all the powers and responsibilities.

I'd presume that Arteta does have a say on transfers. But he doesn't determine our budget. If he proposed that we need a midfielder or an attacker, I'd think Sanllehi and Edu would offer him a list of players from which he could sign one—in consultation with the other two.

I don't think Arteta can walk in and demand that we sign Kai Harvetz.

They'd discuss the budget they have and look for players within that budget. But Arteta's call could be vetoed any time by Raul and Edu. All Arteta could say is that he wants a player in a certain position. Logically speaking, Raul and Edu would give him names, and in consultation, the trio would go for one.

I doubt Arteta could veto Raul's offer in a way Raul could turn down Arteta's proposition.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gooney » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:If he wants to buy Lingard I would lose all confidence in him. So far he has shown nothing and his first transfer window was trash. What we buy as club will say a lot about arteta as manager

While I appreciate the banter of blaming coaches at Arsenal for transfer activities, we have passed that phase. Oh, we have.

Arteta will have his say on transfers but he won't be the one authorizing them. That's Sanllehi and Edu's job. So, blame them if we decide to buy Lingard.

Arteta has final say and they have made that clear. You think they gonna say we don’t care if you want Lingard he is coming? You think Lingard wouldn’t speak to the manager and the manager despite not rating him would say to him yes you will be important because he fears big ole edu and Raul lool. Come on now
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Tubbs » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:41 am

No Arteta does not have the final say.
He’s done much better than expected with what he’s been given stop the negativity and get behind the team give him a season then judge him,it is total rubbish to blame him for the position we are in.
Tubbs
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 am

Tubbs wrote:No Arteta does not have the final say.
He’s done much better than expected with what he’s been given stop the negativity and get behind the team give him a season then judge him,it is total rubbish to blame him for the position we are in.
Much better than expected? In what way?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:03 am

gooney wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Arteta has final say and they have made that clear. You think they gonna say we don’t care if you want Lingard he is coming? You think Lingard wouldn’t speak to the manager and the manager despite not rating him would say to him yes you will be important because he fears big ole edu and Raul lool. Come on now

Well, remember Wenger at the end didn’t have final say. Xhaka, Mustafi and the Spanish Vardy were evidently bought without his consent. Cagigao has openly come out and said that. Auba and Mavrapanos were also bought without his consent. In fact he said he had never heard of Mavra.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:35 pm

Not sure if serious.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:44 am

Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Ach wrote:

Not sure if serious.

I hope not, he's been average at best, our league position hasn't changed and he got us dumped out of the EL quite early.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Defending a lot better, far more clean sheets, still early days but a lot of imprvements have been made,
Marsbar100

Postby swipe right » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:44 am

alexafc12 wrote:Hope everyone is ok

An interesting watch :

Wow, clubs video people really throwing Don Quixote under the bus.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:04 am

swipe right wrote:
alexafc12 wrote:Hope everyone is ok

An interesting watch :

Wow, clubs video people really throwing Don Quixote under the bus.

That video is bollox, there has been no improvement under Arteta, a few blokes on here that don't like him said so.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:48 pm

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:

Not sure if serious.

I hope not, he's been average at best, our league position hasn't changed and he got us dumped out of the EL quite early.

But but that's improvement.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:53 pm

The improvements in clean sheets speak for themselves,

He hasn't done much offensively but considering how shit we have been at defending Its was important we improved that first

More importantly he has been here 5 minutes he hasn't even had a transfer window we gave emery 3 windows before judging..
Marsbar100

Postby Ach » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:07 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:The improvements in clean sheets speak for themselves,

He hasn't done much offensively but considering how shit we have been at defending Its was important we improved that first

More importantly he has been here 5 minutes he hasn't even had a transfer window we gave emery 3 windows before judging..

Lol what

People wanted him out whilst he was in the midst of a 20+ unbeaten run. That's mere months in to his reign. And don't forget he was taking over a abomination of a club that was at its lowest ebb. Nearly took us in to the CL and got us to a European final which when you look at our abysmal European record is no mean feat. Worked wonders but first bad run and he's gone. Had no problem with getting rid cos I refused to get emotionally attached to managers but getting Arteta over the managers that were available was laughable and it's been shown in the results.

Don't think we're getting European football this season if we finish it so hopefully we see a change soon
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:22 pm

The stupid Don got a season and half and brought us down to our knees. Was rightly sacked when he lost the dressing room.
Arteta should be given at least a season before be judged.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk