Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, Arsenal Head Coach

Postby Santi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Pat Rice in Short Shorts wrote:
Ach wrote:Glad he's ok but should he feel the need to step down and take care of his health and look after his family then I can understand that. Family comes first.

Naughty. I bet he still here in ten years and with two CL titles under his belt. :arse flag.gif:

He has been out so long that he has a man bun now. Lego is scrambling to get the new Arteta head into production but their factories in China are shutdown.

Have you not heard, China are ramping up production once again!! It seems like the country with over 1.4 billion people have stopped the spread of the virus. Total bullcrap if you ask me, bunch of lying secretive pricks but, that's what I am seeing/reading.

Of course they haven't, it's all reporting bollocks and as soon as they lift the sanctions it'll spike again.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:32 am

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Sims » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:41 am

gaffer x
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am

GunnerRobert wrote:Lads, for all those concerned, I AM NOW PART OF THE RECOVERED PEOPLE :)

:clap: :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby VCC » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:02 am

GunnerRobert wrote:Lads, for all those concerned, I AM NOW PART OF THE RECOVERED PEOPLE :)

Good news :goal1:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:53 am

Nice. Hopefully immune now as well

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:32 am

Go on my son !!!!

Would you mind talking us through how it was for you ?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:34 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Go on my son !!!!

It started very mildly. I had a slight cough and a slight fever and I thought it would just get better. The fever never went down though. Like it only kept going up and then I knew I was in trouble. My fever peaked at 104F, which was lucky, because that fever meant I got tested. Luckily or unluckily, I stayed at home in self isolation, which is much harder than you'd think in a flat. I had my room and a bathroom and a good friend made food and left it outside my door just for me to eat.

I was taking some paracetamol for my symptoms which were just these two, plus fatigue. There were times I literally could not get up to get a glass of water I desperately wanted for over half an hour, until I finally got the will to move. The worst night was when I suddenly for a moment couldn't breath but it passed quickly and I never even called anyone for it. Anyway, about a week ago, my temperature started staying down on its own without medicine, and then I lost my cough. I figured I could get a test then, but I had to wait for the test, because it wasn't as simple as just getting one test done apparently. (It was but hey, can't argue with medical professionals when it's all free, right?). Anyway, finally got my tests, came back negative this time and I'm okay, but should still stay indoors to avoid any virus that may still remain (Which confuses me, since I tested negative, so it should be okay, right?). But I'm okay with not going out a few more days if it stops me spreading it to anyone.

Gunner Robert
Have a couple of questions all good should you not answer but as the symptoms and temporary loss of breath as you experienced, I was wondering your age group ?, and what would you call your level of fitness or health in general before being infected?
Glad you have recovered btw sounds like you have flatmates who look out for you also
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:41 pm

Yeah, makes you wonder what people without friends/family are doing !!! Thanks for sharing your experience.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:42 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yeah, makes you wonder what people without friends/family are doing !!! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I fear for elderly living alone with no family assistance
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 pm

GunnerRobert wrote:
VCC wrote:
GunnerRobert wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Go on my son !!!!

It started very mildly. I had a slight cough and a slight fever and I thought it would just get better. The fever never went down though. Like it only kept going up and then I knew I was in trouble. My fever peaked at 104F, which was lucky, because that fever meant I got tested. Luckily or unluckily, I stayed at home in self isolation, which is much harder than you'd think in a flat. I had my room and a bathroom and a good friend made food and left it outside my door just for me to eat.

I was taking some paracetamol for my symptoms which were just these two, plus fatigue. There were times I literally could not get up to get a glass of water I desperately wanted for over half an hour, until I finally got the will to move. The worst night was when I suddenly for a moment couldn't breath but it passed quickly and I never even called anyone for it. Anyway, about a week ago, my temperature started staying down on its own without medicine, and then I lost my cough. I figured I could get a test then, but I had to wait for the test, because it wasn't as simple as just getting one test done apparently. (It was but hey, can't argue with medical professionals when it's all free, right?). Anyway, finally got my tests, came back negative this time and I'm okay, but should still stay indoors to avoid any virus that may still remain (Which confuses me, since I tested negative, so it should be okay, right?). But I'm okay with not going out a few more days if it stops me spreading it to anyone.

Gunner Robert
Have a couple of questions all good should you not answer but as the symptoms and temporary loss of breath as you experienced, I was wondering your age group ?, and what would you call your level of fitness or health in general before being infected?
Glad you have recovered btw sounds like you have flatmates who look out for you also

Late 20's. I wasn't exactly super fit like going to the gym, but healthy weight, not too built, never really had any health issues

Thanks for sharing your experience GR
Goes to show those countries who are participating in social distancing and lockdowns are critical measures given your reaction being young and healthy.
:1990_dancing.gif:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Hope everyone is ok

An interesting watch :

alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:58 pm

If he wants to buy Lingard I would lose all confidence in him. So far he has shown nothing and his first transfer window was trash. What we buy as club will say a lot about arteta as manager
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Angelito » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:48 pm

gooney wrote:If he wants to buy Lingard I would lose all confidence in him. So far he has shown nothing and his first transfer window was trash. What we buy as club will say a lot about arteta as manager

While I appreciate the banter of blaming coaches at Arsenal for transfer activities, we have passed that phase. Oh, we have.

Arteta will have his say on transfers but he won't be the one authorizing them. That's Sanllehi and Edu's job. So, blame them if we decide to buy Lingard.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Angelito wrote:
gooney wrote:If he wants to buy Lingard I would lose all confidence in him. So far he has shown nothing and his first transfer window was trash. What we buy as club will say a lot about arteta as manager

While I appreciate the banter of blaming coaches at Arsenal for transfer activities, we have passed that phase. Oh, we have.

Arteta will have his say on transfers but he won't be the one authorizing them. That's Sanllehi and Edu's job. So, blame them if we decide to buy Lingard.

Do we have such a hard policy in place? I can't believe Raul and Edu would go ahead with a transfer if Arteta objected with any strength.

My guess is they are out there finding players, and would sign younger players without too much consultation with Arteta. But when it comes to first team signings I can't believe he wouldn't play a central role in the final decision.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk