Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:13 pm

A domestic cup propels us into Europa league.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:33 pm

We are a laughing stock ..............

Danny Mills ‘surprised’ Ben White is joining Arsenal because he is ‘better than that’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/18/man-utd- ... -14947366/

We as AFC fans can make all the excuses we want but what others think of us outside our bubble is relevant whether we like it or not.

We're severley underperforming and we need a to end that now, this season we need top 5 at the least, top 4 obviously is the target.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:59 pm

That's what all
this fuss is about- top 4. Achievable if we cut out silly mistakes at the back and improve our productivity a little bit ( mark the words' a little '). We were 5-6(?) poin5s adrift, which can be easily overhauled with little efforts and willingness, even with what we have.
Bigger goal is to go all the way. Think we need couple of marquee signings away from ' IT'. Lets see how things pan out in near future.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zenith » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:We are a laughing stock ..............

Danny Mills ‘surprised’ Ben White is joining Arsenal because he is ‘better than that’.

We as AFC fans can make all the excuses we want but what others think of us outside our bubble is relevant whether we like it or not.

We're severley underperforming and we need a to end that now, this season we need top 5 at the least, top 4 obviously is the target.

Ah, good old objective Danny Mills.

Not at all one of the most notorious Arsenal-haters around, and most definitely not still bitter because of the numerous times he got humiliated by Henry and co.

He's the same guy who claims Pires brought diving to the English game. As if this phenomenon hadn't been a round for many years.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:33 pm

Zenith wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:We are a laughing stock ..............

Ah, good old objective Danny Mills.

Not at all one of the most notorious Arsenal-haters around, and most definitely not still bitter because of the numerous times he got humiliated by Henry and co.

He's the same guy who claims Pires brought diving to the English game. As if this phenomenon hadn't been a round for many years.

Danny Mills :lol:
Henry made him the laughing stock for his whole life.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:36 pm

ag6789 wrote:That's what all
this fuss is about- top 4. Achievable if we cut out silly mistakes at the back and improve our productivity a little bit ( mark the words' a little '). We were 5-6(?) poin5s adrift, which can be easily overhauled with little efforts and willingness, even with what we have.
Bigger goal is to go all the way. Think we need couple of marquee signings away from ' IT'. Lets see how things pan out in near future.

I think we can get top 4 also - if we get a little luck.
Realistically 5th or 6th is well within reach

As for being title challengers, we're still 3 years or so off that if things go well on the recruitment and development front.
Tell you what I am really excited about what ESR and Saka can do this year. they are going to get better.
Even in pre-season, I can see a certain air about ESR - more settled into his status as a star player.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:48 pm

So top four is now the aspiration? I thought that wasn’t good enough for us?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:56 pm

swipe right wrote:So top four is now the aspiration? I thought that wasn’t good enough for us?

Of course top 4 is an aspiration for this season and would be a massive achievement if we do it.
Winning the title is also an aspiration, but it's less likely (a lot).

5th or 6th would be a good season but we all want to be higher - as high as possible.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:05 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:So top four is now the aspiration? I thought that wasn’t good enough for us?

Of course top 4 is an aspiration for this season and would be a massive achievement if we do it.

5th or 6th would be a good season but we all want to be higher - as high as possible.

Are you Wenger in disguise? Cause I’m sure that’s what he’d say.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 am

Danny Mills is an idiot. He's bigging up BW as bigger than Arsenal, saying he would win more at Utd.

Ben White hasn't won anything besides promotion. Utd haven't won anything in 4 years.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:12 am

swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

If we were good enough to be winning titles it would be different. But we're not.
Different times.
I want to see progress.
You seem to want as miracle.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby swipe right » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:39 am

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

If we were good enough to be winning titles it would be different. But we're not.
Different times.
I want to see progress.
You seem to want as miracle.

So no acknowledgement that the Wenger Out campaign based on his only getting top four was a sham?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Nuggets » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:38 am

With the clown in charge I think the aspiration will be to stay in the premiership ;)
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:49 am

But but but, the squad is not good enough for top 6
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:52 am

jayramfootball wrote:

I think we can get top 4 also - if we get a little luck.
Realistically 5th or 6th is well within reach

As for being title challengers, we're still 3 years or so off that if things go well on the recruitment and development front.
Tell you what I am really excited about what ESR and Saka can do this year. they are going to get better.
Even in pre-season, I can see a certain air about ESR - more settled into his status as a star player.

Jay, you amongst others have more than once said the squad is not good enough for top 6. Is this another "Jay- turn"??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk