Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Mikel Arteta, First-Team Manager

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Willian was Chelsea's best player just before he left now look at him. Our attackers are capable of way more than what they're showing. It's on the manager.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:56 pm

I hate how we play the most boring football out of all big teams these days. Attractive, attacking football used to be our pride, our motto, the modern Arsenal way. Now, it's just sad what we've become.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gunpowder » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Angelito wrote:
This was half time too. So it is actually 476 minutes now. Almost 8 hours
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:22 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55037634

Murphy talking crap

Arteta was doubted a long time ago
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 am

Angelito wrote:I hate how we play the most boring football out of all big teams these days. Attractive, attacking football used to be our pride, our motto, the modern Arsenal way. Now, it's just sad what we've become.

I'd rather play boring football as you put it and win than what we're seeing now.

We're seeing Arteta "attempting" to play stylish passing football and we're losing because his players don't have a scooby and are getting upstaged by the likes of Leeds and Villa.

If we can't out play Leeds and Villa then what the hell chance do we have of out playing a top 4 side or even top 6?

The game against Wolves is critical for me, I want to see what Arteta is going to do, I accepted the change today because of the Villa result but we simply can't play a system which relies on Willock, he was barely in the game today.

Arteta is being reactionary and I'm concerned he can't handle the pressure because he's a rookie manager and he's got no identity of how he wants to play, he basically makes rash changes based on pressure.

He was building on 3-4-3 then the Villa game happens and its reset all over again, when Liverpool got beat by us twice and Atletico, Klopp played the same 4-3-3 they've been playing for years, the only change was tactical when they sat back against us the last time we played them, formation didn't change.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:I hate how we play the most boring football out of all big teams these days. Attractive, attacking football used to be our pride, our motto, the modern Arsenal way. Now, it's just sad what we've become.

I'd rather play boring football as you put it and win than what we're seeing now.

We're seeing Arteta "attempting" to play stylish passing football and we're losing because his players don't have a scooby and are getting upstaged by the likes of Leeds and Villa.

If we can't out play Leeds and Villa then what the hell chance do we have of out playing a top 4 side or even top 6?

Arteta is not attempting to play exciting football.
His style is intensely boring.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:41 am

Power n Glory wrote:Willian was Chelsea's best player just before he left now look at him. Our attackers are capable of way more than what they're showing. It's on the manager.

What? Willian had the occasional good game for Chelsea.
Plus he is getting older.
It was utter madness to sign him.
Players like Willian are exactly the type of older and over-hyped, expensive footballers that a club in our situation should be steering well clear of.

It's true that Arteta is going to make us look worse, because he is a terrible manager, but Willian is not and never will be the answer to any of our problems, no matter who the manager is.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby The Break Water » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:44 am

I have a friend who is a Chelsea fan and he told me that him and his mates used to call Willian 7up. I was like why?. and he said because he always has 1 good game in 7 for Chelsea
The Break Water
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:44 am

jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He tried today, he played 4-2-3-1, Willock had a free CAM role, what more "excitement" do you want? the players, played sh*t, no chances being created and they got out hustled on all the 50/50's and our final 3rd passing was horrendous.

........... this lot aren't capable of playing silky attractive football, because if they were they'd be doing it.

Who's going to do it? Xhaka? Willock? Willian who's been sh*t, Pepe who overruns every dribble? Saka who fks up all his final balls?

How are we going to get attractive football out of this lot? we can get winning football, but attractive football, no.

Our best performance was Man Utd, 3-4-3 high pressure, highly competitve.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:50 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

He tried today, he played 4-2-3-1, Willock had a free CAM role, what more "excitement" do you want? the players, played sh*t, no chances being created and they got out hustled on all the 50/50's and our final 3rd passing was horrendous.

........... this lot aren't capable of playing silky attractive football, because if they were they'd be doing it.

Who's going to do it? Xhaka? Willock? Willian who's been sh*t, Pepe who overruns every dribble? Saka who fks up all his final balls?

How are we going to get attractive football out of this lot? we can get winning football, but attractive football, no.

Our best performance was Man Utd, 3-4-3 high pressure, highly competitve.

Playing Willock in a CAM role???
Why has Arteta turned Ceballos into a defensive midfielder? Why is he not playing the CAM role???
Or he could have played ESR.
As for Saka, his final ball was good today in the main - he played well... but our manager benched him in favour of Willian.

As you mentioned before, he could have gone 4-4-2.
he could have been a lot more adventurous than he was, but regardless of system, you look at our players and their first thought is sideways or backwards. That is on Arteta.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Santi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:22 am

lmao did someone say Willian was Chelsea's best player :rofll:

He was awful for them as well and the fans were happy for him to leave. Mr Inconsistent for them, unfortunately he found some consistency for us.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 am

Arteta is just terrible. Mediocre player, mediocre manager.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Nuggets » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 am

Arteta hasn't got a clue about man-management he was riding Pepe coat tails and everybody thought he would be a good signing for us. HTF they thought that I will never know? I didn't rate him as a player and certainly don't and never have rated him as a manager. However, you get what you pay for, see he is losing his shine with some of the people on the forum. Dark times ahead methinks until we get a decent manager who they didn't buy from Poundstretcher.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:46 am

Who does he pick for the next game? Besides our defenders and maybe Elneny and Partey who aren't available for selection anyway, all the players are in wretched form.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk